PO: Failure "Fantastic Planet" 2xLP (It's HERE!)

• 3 months later...

24 minutes ago, Adam10647 said:

Just listened to a podcast with Kellii he said they'll be selling Fantastic Planet for 25 or 30 bucks at these 20th anniversary shows. 

http://www.thevinylguide.com/episodes/2016/10/04/ep050-failures-fantastic-planet-w-kellii-scott

Sweet - I really should go to this. The venue they're playing would be great to see them in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw them last night in Chicago and they were absolutely incredible. Bummed I missed out on the tour poster though. Is anyone heading to one of their upcoming shows that might be able to help out? I'm happy to pay a bit extra for the trouble and for shipping. I don't really care which show it is. 

On 10/5/2016 at 6:36 PM, Adam10647 said:

Just listened to a podcast with Kellii he said they'll be selling Fantastic Planet for 25 or 30 bucks at these 20th anniversary shows. 

http://www.thevinylguide.com/episodes/2016/10/04/ep050-failures-fantastic-planet-w-kellii-scott

aaaaaand they were $60.

46 minutes ago, tape said:

aaaaaand they were $60.

Yeah I saw them in San Diego at the beginning of the month they were 50 here. I heard they raised the prices for the prints on the east coast too. Kind of a bummer, the pricing on their merch always seems a tad high to me, but there shows are always cheaper than I'd expect so I guess it evens out.  No matter what it better than the 300 they were going for on ebay.

7 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

At denver

50 show posters..40 are signed and 60 bucks..unsigned are 35

Had to suck it up and get a signed as unsigned are gone

As in an increase of $25 for their fucking names in Sharpie on the poster, which they printed more of because they knew people would buy them anyway.

That's price gouging, fuck that.

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

Exactly. The merch person said they sold all the unsigned ones first.

I don't care about signatures. Personally I think it takes away from the art

Fuck that shit on principle, that's even more fucked up than them selling LPs for $60 that 5 years ago anybody could order on Amazon for $20. Boo on Failure, that's lame as shit. I definitely don't regret missing them in Philly after hearing that nonsense.

Edited by shadowkid33

On 10/25/2016 at 11:52 PM, shadowkid33 said:

Fuck that shit on principle, that's even more fucked up than them selling LPs for $60 that 5 years ago anybody could order on Amazon for $20. Boo on Failure, that's lame as shit. I definitely don't regret missing them in Philly after hearing that nonsense.

To be fair, for this 2016 pressing Warner made Failure personally buy them for retail cost.  WB manufactured the discs, but Failure had to glue together the jackets and put the records in the sleeves and all that.  Yes Failure loves you that much.  

They should have an Apple like sticker "Designed and assembled by Failure.  Made in Warner Brothers' Pressing Plant."

Edited by firefoxussr

That story of the band having to glue the jackets doesn't make any sense. I find it hard to believe. Imprint prints gatefold jackets for around $1500, why would they even think about doing that work themselves?

They just want to cash in. I have no problem with that, although personally I'm not going to buy an LP for $50 and I don't care if it sells out and start selling for more money. I can live without a record. From what I've read from their FB, they want the fans to pay extra for their merch because of their mistake of signing on a major label. Now, that's another of my reasons to not buy anything from them.

14 hours ago, lainaw said:

That story of the band having to glue the jackets doesn't make any sense. I find it hard to believe. Imprint prints gatefold jackets for around $1500, why would they even think about doing that work themselves?

They just want to cash in. I have no problem with that, although personally I'm not going to buy an LP for $50 and I don't care if it sells out and start selling for more money. I can live without a record. From what I've read from their FB, they want the fans to pay extra for their merch because of their mistake of signing on a major label. Now, that's another of my reasons to not buy anything from them.

Imprint prints their jackets through Ross Ellis in Canada, who does a ton of LP jacket printing for many plants/third party companies domestically.

Also, Failure doesn't want fans to pay extra for merch because of past major label woes, it's to cash in and make extra profit on sucker-ish fans that will pay for it...and they certainly have done it...if people stopped buying the over-priced merch the prices would come down -- but clearly the market can bear these prices...