ISIS breaks up...ends...kaput...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, Juan, let's take a trip up. Short notice, but Athens is totally workable. Just checked, rooms average $70/night, but if there's two of us, we could just drive back after. I did it a few months back when Sunn O))) played Athens, it's really not bad.

What do you say?

Also, any other Floridians want to join?

As hard as it can be when a band you really like breaks up, it's always better than watching one disintegrate. I think they went out on a very high note, and didn't take the path of making shittier and shittier music until people hated them. Also, it's always interesting to see what new bands come out of a breakup. No Botch breakup means no Minus the Bear or These Arms Are Snakes. As long as no one got killed, I'd say it's a positive thing.

glad to see they are at least putting out an EP hopefully this isn't the upcoming split either.

I agree with everyone else in saying at least they bowed out with class and on a high note their latest effort was a good album.

I wish they would go on a farewell tour but nothing is perfect

i though the last 2 records were pretty weak, so I'm glad they're going out like this.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but "weak?"

Wavering Radiant was a much different album for Isis, but I think it was a really bold move for them. It's got to suck having your fans expect the same exact thing out of you record after record. Why would you want to be in a band like that? Good for them for trying new things and quitting when it got predictable.

if they broke up after panopticon they would be legends in my eyes. now it just sort of seems about right.

Perfect way to look at it. I had no interest in this band after that album, in fact, I saw them at one of the last shows at The Living Room in Providence, it was a one off show during the Tool tour they did. It was the worst ISIS show I have been too. I have seen them an assload of times, and the 10 year anniversary afterwards was of epic proportions, but In the Absence and Wavering Radiant were so fucking bland I wish they did this 4 years ago.

But seriously, they wrote Poison Eggs. POISON FUCKING EGGS. They will be missed.

i though the last 2 records were pretty weak, so I'm glad they're going out like this.

Wavering Radiant was a much different album for Isis, but I think it was a really bold move for them. It's got to suck having your fans expect the same exact thing out of you record after record. Why would you want to be in a band like that? Good for them for trying new things and quitting when it got predictable.

it was better than In the Absence of Truth, but it was still a weak record in comparison to what they were capable of.

edit: also, had they called it quits after Panopticon, as Fedaykin posted above...I think at that point had they called it quits, they'd been better off. It's not that I wanted them to release another version f Oceanic or Panopticon...I'll give em an A for effort, but the fact remains ITAOT was boring and the songs dragged and lacked the urgency that made their previous records so good. I thought Wavering Radiant was a step up from that, but also wasn't all that engaging of an album to listen to.

I agree. I actually liked Absence of Truth and Wavering Radiant

Seriously, Juan, let's take a trip up. Short notice, but Athens is totally workable. Just checked, rooms average $70/night, but if there's two of us, we could just drive back after. I did it a few months back when Sunn O))) played Athens, it's really not bad.

What do you say?

Also, any other Floridians want to join?

As much I'd love to, money is uber-tight right now after a few things came to light...don't worry, I'm not going to flip records anytime soon...and work has been difficult as of late w/ time off.

As hard as it can be when a band you really like breaks up, it's always better than watching one disintegrate. I think they went out on a very high note, and didn't take the path of making shittier and shittier music until people hated them. Also, it's always interesting to see what new bands come out of a breakup. No Botch breakup means no Minus the Bear or These Arms Are Snakes. As long as no one got killed, I'd say it's a positive thing.

Dude I agree with you about them going out on a high note, but seriously Botch trumps the fuck out of both those bands. TAAS were great but they disbanded already and Minus the Bear, well, the only reason I ever even can stand listening to them is for Knudson's guitar.

Dude I agree with you about them going out on a high note, but seriously Botch trumps the fuck out of both those bands. TAAS were great but they disbanded already and Minus the Bear, well, the only reason I ever even can stand listening to them is for Knudson's guitar.

I disagree. Botch was awesome, but do you think if they'd stayed together they would have made some sort of revolutionary hardcore record that blew everyone's mind? No, they'd just have kept doing what they did. At least MTB and TAAS were new and different. I liked TAAS more than Botch anyway and I'm not afraid to lose punk points by saying it.