Has anyone tried AbundaTrade to sell your Used CDs

Guest Admin

Guest Admin

[image]

As we attempt to clear out all of our unsold records and CDs, I found out about a site called AbundaTrade that will take your used CDs and either pay you cash or turn your Used CDs into credit for things like an IPod, Gift cards, TVs, etc. I am thinking about giving it a shot with some of our overstock CDs in hopes of getting an IPad. Has anyone tried this site out and if so, how was your experience? I figured a number of vinyl collectors might consider taking advantage of these deals if anyone is sitting on boxes of CDs.

Please post a comment about any experience you have had with AbundaTrade. Thanks.

AbundaTrade

http://www.abundatrade.com/

Guest Admin

thanks everyone for checking this out, I didn't realize they went so low on some of the CDs. Thew few I entered got between $2 and $6, but I hadn't spent a lot of time going through all my cds.

I got decent money trading in at local stores in the past few weeks, but they're always hit and miss. One week they'd take nothing, next week they'd take them all. Most of them were $3-5, but regardless, it was CDs I didn't want, so even the $.25 they would offer on some was better than the $0 I'd have gotten donating them to a place like Savers or Goodwill.

Of course, if you're dealing with overstock, multiple copies of the same thing, etc., most stores probably aren't interested in more than one copy, if even.

Since AbundaTrade still needs to look at the CDs before they give you money I'm a little wary (not that their need to inspect them doesn't make sense). If they end up saying, "Oh, this is scratched so we'll only give you half of what we quoted," it's your expense to have them returned to you if you don't like what they offer. I'd be worried about them pulling a Cash4Gold or something.

We have used abundatrade.com to trade CDs, DVDs and books. We found them to offer the highest value online and we searched many websites. Use medial mail when shipping items. A great way to get some cash for items that are laying around the house. On items that did not have much value we donated to the library.

[image]

• 1 month later...

So I ended up trying this out and made out pretty well. I sent in about 150 CDs and got $300. That doesn't average out to a whole lot, but for the most part these were CDs that I was more than happy to purge. A lot of them were promos/cutouts and I wasn't sure if they would accept them. There were only 2 they wouldn't take, and one of them was because it was stamped a promo, but they were apparently OK with the cutouts. It was about $15 media mail to send them all but I had a promo code to get $10 of that back with my trade. I mailed them Monday and got the email with my final quote today. I think it was about $10-15 less than what had originally been quoted to me when I entered everything on the site.

Anyway, I'll probably be using them in the future as I periodically purge used CDs from my store. I figured a non-spambot opinion about this service would be appreciated.

you can try gazelle.com as well. they take tons of different things. plus they pay for shipping and if they have stuff that is either too scratched, not the right item, or whatever they pay to ship it back to you. i've used them mainly just for dvds but they are pretty fast with getting you the money after they get the box. i sent a box out on a thursday, they got it monday and i had my money by that thursday so i was pretty satisfied.

• 4 years later...

hey to everyone whos having a tizzy over our (AT)'s not offering you 5 star prices on used cds and dvds, go take your stuff elsewhere and see how that works out.  i absolutely guarantee youll end up leaving the place you took your stuff with about 50-75% of the stuff you brought in anyway, they certainly won't take "acceptables" as we do, they won't have one customer service agent let alone a team of them to ensure your satisfaction (AT, AGAIN), oh and instead of getting 100% cash value on the total appraisal of your trade-ins, youll get the option of 100% store credit or oh say maximum 60% of the total appraisal in cash back. 

oh and theyll cover your shipping costs to have your items sent to us too. 

that is all :)

hey to everyone whos having a tizzy over our (AT)'s not offering you 5 star prices on used cds and dvds, go take your stuff elsewhere and see how that works out.  i absolutely guarantee youll end up leaving the place you took your stuff with about 50-75% of the stuff you brought in anyway, they certainly won't take "acceptables" as we do, they won't have one customer service agent let alone a team of them to ensure your satisfaction (AT, AGAIN), oh and instead of getting 100% cash value on the total appraisal of your trade-ins, youll get the option of 100% store credit or oh say maximum 60% of the total appraisal in cash back. 

oh and theyll cover your shipping costs to have your items sent to us too. 

that is all :)

This post said something completely different earlier in the day. Things like RSD Ghostbusters being having sold by the site for less than $3.

This post said something completely different earlier in the day. Things like RSD Ghostbusters being having sold by the site for less than $3.

i decided to remove that post and repost something a little more necessary ish given the not-so-pleased customers/potential customers of abundaT.  but the ghostbusters thing sold for 2.02$. brand new.  hey, it might have been about 30 bucks or so undersold but i bet that he or she will be back for more based on the deal he found first time around.  and then he/she will tell cronies "dude, this site i landed x record for 3 bucks!" then they will come poke around.  

damn it looks like swaptree.com isn't up anymore... that site was a way better alternative.. you listed dvds, cds, books, and video games you didn't want, and then made a list of all the crap you did want.. and it would set up 2 and 3 way trades... the caveat being you were supposed to accept any trade offered.. so sometimes youd trade a cd for a video game or vice versa.. and all you paid for was shipping... I scored a ton of great books and games trading off old cds and dvds