Official World Cup 2010 thread

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring first half. the dutch were weaker than everyone expected

They're just like England, always under-performing...

Yeah, but they played amazing football in the qualifying matches. Why do they become so under-performing in the tournament? Same with France

I´m really curious how Italy will perform tonight

i'm not sure, you are feeling good about this goal, alex.

this maybe a catalyst for van persie's transfer....

naaaaaah!

dude, i'm stupid.

i didn't see the shot before post.

sory for this jerky post.

watching football while drafting is make me confuse especially a live match without thai...

:P

They're just like England, always under-performing...

Yeah, but they played amazing football in the qualifying matches. Why do they become so under-performing in the tournament? Same with France

I´m really curious how Italy will perform tonight

Yeah i dunno, both teams have quality but just can't pull it together, England scored goals for fun during the qualification and couldn't even beat the US (no offence) in the finals. France are a bunch of moody bastards though, the problems they have between the squad members in training etc definitely effects them.

Something I don't like about soccer as an American is the diving. It seems like every foul is someone definitely diving or arguably diving and the announcers don't seem to think its a big deal at all. It seems like its just accepted.

Also, it seems annoying that you can get offsides after a shot (like happened in this Japan game)

Something I don't like about soccer as an American is the diving. It seems like every foul is someone definitely diving or arguably diving and the announcers don't seem to think its a big deal at all. It seems like its just accepted.

Also, it seems annoying that you can get offsides after a shot (like happened in this Japan game)

diving is everywhere, especially in italy and spain, often it's just going down under a challenge that would be a foul but wouldn't have knocked them off their feet otherwise but obviously you do get some real fuckers throwing themselves around to get free kicks and penalties without any contact at all.

1-1 in the italy paraguay game now!

diving is everywhere, especially in italy and spain, often it's just going down under a challenge that would be a foul but wouldn't have knocked them off their feet otherwise but obviously you do get some real fuckers throwing themselves around to get free kicks and penalties without any contact at all.

As a "real" soccer fan what do you think of it? It seemed like that goal for paraguay came off a dive of sorts and it wasn't even really mentioned.

As a "real" soccer fan what do you think of it? It seemed like that goal for paraguay came off a dive of sorts and it wasn't even really mentioned.

I don't have a massive problem with players going down easy as long as there was proper contact but i'd prefer that more of them tried to stay up and play the advantage knowing that if they're unable to that the ref will being it back for a free kick after a few seconds. Players like Rooney are good at trying to stay up and play on but it's the Ronaldos etc that have ruined it, falling over so easily and making a real meal of it to make sure the ref knows they were caught. No going back now, though, it's part and parcel of the game.