Official World Cup 2010 thread

The more you watch it, the more you'll get used to it. Though, i do find this World Cup is much worse than what i usually watch in terms of soft free kicks etc, usually i'm watching the premier league which is much more physical than most other leagues and definitely has less of them. European football is really stop start due to all the players falling over the place and it's definitely the same in the WC.

Yea, I never watched soccer until I lived in London for a semester and watched a ton of the Premiership. The English seem to play through a lot of it, compared to some of the other leagues we'd catch games of. The Italian league is always embarrassing to watch.

I'm with you on the hockey to soccer thing. A guy gets tapped on the ankle and he gets up holding his face like he's been shot. Its silly.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more you watch it, the more you'll get used to it. Though, i do find this World Cup is much worse than what i usually watch in terms of soft free kicks etc, usually i'm watching the premier league which is much more physical than most other leagues and definitely has less of them. European football is really stop start due to all the players falling over the place and it's definitely the same in the WC.

Yea, I never watched soccer until I lived in London for a semester and watched a ton of the Premiership. The English seem to play through a lot of it, compared to some of the other leagues we'd catch games of. The Italian league is always embarrassing to watch.

Italian league really is shit, no small teams ever go to win against bigger clubs like they do in england and you're right about premiership players playing through it, i think i've only ever seen Rooney dive once, usually it takes a fucking tank to get him to fall over!

alex, how about media in england say for a chance to play in a next round of england ?

i think slovenia won't give up easy....

i think they'll go for the draw and get it, i can't see england going through at the moment unless the formation changes and a couple of players are replaced to allow the "stars" to play in their preferred positions.

i'm deeply saddened france wont be going on to the next round. at least those stupid south africans wont either. ah-ha

What'd South Africa do to you? ???

I thought France played like crap, we played better than we did against Uruguay which was great to see.

Still Uruguay and Mexico deserved to go to the next round :)

i'm deeply saddened france wont be going on to the next round. at least those stupid south africans wont either. ah-ha

What'd South Africa do to you? ???

I thought France played like crap, we played better than we did against Uruguay which was great to see.

Still Uruguay and Mexico deserved to go to the next round :)

you didnt do nothin. it was those damn players. they did stuff! i thought france was playing like shit the first half, but the 2nd half they appeared to be getting their shit together. too little too late i suppose. they were bad this world cup. its ok. they'll win in 2014!!! and i thought it was very cheap in the end south african players kept holding on and pulling down and pushing down french players so that they wouldnt be able to get the ball. they were playing very dirty after the 75:00 mark. but then again france cheated to get to the world cup. every team cheats sometimes. its just a matter of whether or not yuo get caught by the ref