Official World Cup 2010 thread

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 45 mins in the england game was so tense! So the US go through top on GD... Brilliantly, if Serbia beat Australia (likely) and Ghana draw with Germany (likely given they'll go through top if they do and will play for it) the US will face Germany in the next round.

isnt ghana ahead of germany on points? if serbia wins and ghana and german draw then ghana will have 5pts over germany's 4. wouldnt it be ghana we play?

The last 45 mins in the england game was so tense! So the US go through top on GD... Brilliantly, if Serbia beat Australia (likely) and Ghana draw with Germany (likely given they'll go through top if they do and will play for it) the US will face Germany in the next round.

isnt ghana ahead of germany on points? if serbia wins and ghana and german draw then ghana will have 5pts over germany's 4. wouldnt it be ghana we play?

Sorry, i miscalculated, if Serbia win, germany HAVE to win to even go through, if they don't, the US will play either Ghana or Serbia depending on GD. The US will play the team who finish 2nd in the Germany group.

I don't think Serbia will have an easy game with Australia, they still have a remote chance of qualifying. I think the australians will do a hard game with Serbia. Germany has a far superior team than Ghana, and i'll think they'll win. But you know, it's soccer, anything could happen. Maybe Ghana and Australia could be the ones playing against the US and England...

I don't think Serbia will have an easy game with Australia, they still have a remote chance of qualifying. I think the australians will do a hard game with Serbia. Germany has a far superior team than Ghana, and i'll think they'll win. But you know, it's soccer, anything could happen. Maybe Ghana and Australia could be the ones playing against the US and England...

The other factor is goal difference, if Serbia give Australia a fucking kicking and Germany win by one goal or something then Serbia could still go through on GD... It's unlikely but not unimaginable.

And so the hopes of millions of Americans that don't really care about futbol are kept alive for another week!

Dummy, they're not playing futbol, they're playing soccer.

haha. Honestly the only reason i can't quite take the US seriously, although i know they're not bad is that they call it soccer and carry over various terms from other sports and replace the real ones with them such as "penalty" for a foul etc. It's confusing and NOT RIGHT! Though i do accept, sadly that the US will at some point get really good at the sport.

Dummy, they're not playing futbol, they're playing soccer.

haha. Honestly the only reason i can't quite take the US seriously, although i know they're not bad is that they call it soccer and carry over various terms from other sports and replace the real ones with them such as "penalty" for a foul etc. It's confusing and NOT RIGHT! Though i do accept, sadly that the US will at some point get really good at the sport.

You guys called it soccer first.