Official World Cup 2010 thread

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, looking like germany will take the group and the US will face Ghana... barring any further developments

No worries

9 years ago. I hate people that are like oh we beat so and so 10-20 years ago. False hope. Different players, tactics, everything. It all comes down to the current time. And currently, England is playing like shit.

QUESTION:

what happens if Chile loses to Spain 1-0? [ignoring the switzerland v honduras game for a moment]

they'll both have 6pts and a GD of 2

how do they figure out who takes the group?

EDIT: wikipedia answers all...

Tie-breaking criteria

For the World Cup tournament, FIFA uses the following criteria to rank teams in the Group Stage.[58]

greatest number of points in all group matches;

goal difference in all group matches;

greatest number of goals scored in all group matches;

greatest number of points in matches between tied teams;

goal difference in matches between tied teams;

greatest number of goals scored in matches between tied teams;

drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

No worries

9 years ago. I hate people that are like oh we beat so and so 10-20 years ago. False hope. Different players, tactics, everything. It all comes down to the current time. And currently, England is playing like shit.

yeah, i was only joking dude... oh and i wouldn't say today's performance was shit

hah, yeah. im mostly scared about friday, as chile has to face spain. brazil v portugal will be great, though.

I think the Brazil Vs. Portugal game will be great but I really want Portugal to win that game and I'm scared they won't

if its any consolation, i cant see you guys not advancing in at least 2nd place. not with a GD of freakin' 7! no way the ivory coast will beat north korea 9-0

Ronaldo wasn't really looking like a bitch against North Korea. I only recall him diving once.

I think we should keep Deco off the pitch for a little, I'd like to see Tiago a little more.

I'd also love to see Danny, Ronaldo and Liedson across the top. None of this Liedson as a sub shit. We need a target striker.

yeah, i was only joking dude... oh and i wouldn't say today's performance was shit

Hahaha I know. I didn't watch the games unfortunately, I was at court all morning. :(

Ronaldo wasn't really looking like a bitch against North Korea. I only recall him diving once.

I think we should keep Deco off the pitch for a little, I'd like to see Tiago a little more.

I'd also love to see Danny, Ronaldo and Liedson across the top. None of this Liedson as a sub shit. We need a target striker.

no that's true. he was grinning because they were kicking so much ass.

I'd like to see Tiago as well. He was very aggressive in that last game