Pirates Press to Resurrect the Flex-Disc,Thoughts?

Guest admin1338560633

did someone say flexi?

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

i don't see any need for them to be made again though

Is that from your collection?? Do you guys even know what you're looking at?? Some rare as fuck japanese classics right there.

I'm all for the flexi's. Not everything has to "sound good" for it to be good. So many good UK and TONS of Japanese records were made on flexis. I know TONS of punks that will be into this.

I mean flexi's totally suck and shit (though they stopped making them before I even knew what vinyl was), they sound horrible on my dad's, i mean, on my stereo, that some guy on some board, who knows nothing about sound equipment other than what some dude blew up his ass at some pseudo fancy-pants high-end stereo store chain [Magnolia Home Theater anyone, anyone?] told me to buy. but dude, my special colored version of sounds totally amazing on my stereo with my monster cables and shit. i also won't buy em cuz like i can't put it on my iPod. But I buy lps that don't have download codes and shit.. so lame...

ok, for fucks sake. yeah flexi's dont sound like top quality vinyl from some super duper plant that cleans the pressing plates between each record, pressed on CLEAR virgin vinyl. got it. they are not supposed to! they are promo records for cheap and don't always sound great, but they are certainly neat for what they are.

stoked? i know you're not but who cares what you think! all 15 of you will be kicking yourselves in your own asses in 5 years when you realized how stupid it was to pass up that FREE flexi that came in some magazine and now you are paying 30 bux on ebay. i am stoked and the possibilities are endless with these things.

promo shit in magazines? you bet!

bonus song with a new album? sure why not...

maybe they will even print a download code on the darn thing? ZOMG! thats totally digital and shit.. I can listen to it on my beloved mp3 player so i never have to play the record so i can jerk off over the fact that I own something 'special' thats never been played!

flexis are punk as fuck! i know a ton of people who are going to be sooo stoked on this shit!

(but srsly dont smite me, it hurts too bad)