iTunes Smart Playlist help

I want to make a smart playlist that will have the following music on it:

ALL song I've added to iTunes in the past month

AND

Songs I've added to iTunes in the past 5 months with a rating of 2 starts or higher

I can't seems to get the rules/exceptions in the correct order to allow me to do this. I either end up with all three star or higher songs from the past 5 months (leaving out songs from the past month that I have not yet rated) or all songs from the past 5 months.

Just do 2 smart playlist, one for each of your condition.

Then create a regular playlist and put the songs from those 2 smart playlist in the regular one!

I'm wanting it to use the Live Update feature so that it will add and take off songs when necessary while using the parameters I asked about in my OP. But it doesn't look like that's possible. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Just do 2 smart playlist, one for each of your condition.

Then create a regular playlist and put the songs from those 2 smart playlist in the regular one!

I'm wanting it to use the Live Update feature so that it will add and take off songs when necessary while using the parameters I asked about in my OP. But it doesn't look like that's possible. Thanks for the suggestion though.

One of the credentials you can specify when creating a Smart Playlist is "Playlist" itself. I think you can merge the playlists you're talking about and preserve the live update feature by making a smart playlist that merges the other two smart playlists.