Hitler/Beatles Weirdness

tuumi

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, odd it is indeed. i wonder if the guy actually owns it though. he says it is "believed" that it's hitler speaking, but the dude never says that he actually played it. maybe someone else owns it and he's thinking about buying it?? i dont know. but i dont know if there's a way to know for sure whether or not it's a beatles record unless they play it and know for sure whats on it.

• 2 years later...
Guest staropramen

This Hitler picture disc was produced illegally in Germany in the 1980's. What it is is a repro of a shellac picture disc, known as the Patria picture disc produced in the Third Reich. The original 78rpm had the Hitler image on one side and an arm/hand extended holding a swastika flag on the other. This 12" LP version reproduces the Hitler side of the original with a much cooler swastika on the b-side. The audio content is a couple of Hitler speech excerpts plus various Nazi-era marches like Horst Wessel Lied and Deutschland Erwache! The value of the repro is around $200. Originals are around $3,000.

You can download the audio content of the LP reissue here;

http://rapidshare.com/files/257929769/Hitler_pic_disc_MP3.rar.html

Cheers!

Guest staropramen
Melvins - Trilogy. 3 picture disc set. Each side features an image opposite of the other. Ie cross on one side and pentagram on the other.

What is opposite the Swastika, the communist hammer and sickle?

Not to mention he posted in the "how'd you find VC" thead that he found it by searching this record that he has 2 of

Guest staropramen

Who said I was trying to make an impression? As I stated previously I found this thread searching for info on the original Patria picture disc, a record that I am in the market for. I added what info I know about that reissue. A bit paranoid are we?

Guest staropramen

Not to mention he posted in the "how'd you find VC" thead that he found it by searching this record that he has 2 of

Yes, I have two copies. I'm looking for a nice frame that will hold both side by side. My Hitler record collection is quite extensive;

[image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[image]

[image]

[image]

Guest staropramen

Here's the grand-daddy of my collection. A set of 4 one of a kind aluminum acetates made for NBC Radio of a speech by The Fuhrer on May 17, 1933. What is interesting is that these should have been recycled for the war effort against the very man that the whole war was about but somehow survived. An employee of NBC was given the task of dumping them in the trash back in the 1950's but instead he placed them behind the dumpster and retrieved them after work. They were sold to a disk jockey in the 1970's and it is from this dj that I obtained them;

[image]