Record shelving

[image]

thank you, steven for infrom another good dude, oakland about what i did.

but it's not my company. i'm ex-employee at there but i still have a good connection with my ex-boss and co-workers. will check about the distribution in the states and inform you guys later.

well, i plan for design some d.i.y. record storing system. if i can did it, i will update you guys....

:)

I have 3 boltz CD stands (hold 600 each) as well as their speaker stands which are perfect for holding LPs and 7-inches. They aren't cheap but the site has sales all the time, so it might be worth signing up for their mailing list just in case. I have had this stuff for like eight years and it's still in great shape, unlike anything I've ever bought from Ikea.

Can't order the Expedit online and there are no ikeas in my state. Ikea should get a clue and put all of their inventory up for sale on their site I would own nothing but Ikea.

You should look on craigslist. I've bough both of mine on there for half the original price. And they come already assembled, so it saves you the headache.

[image]

thank you, steven for infrom another good dude, oakland about what i did.

but it's not my company. i'm ex-employee at there but i still have a good connection with my ex-boss and co-workers. will check about the distribution in the states and inform you guys later.

well, i plan for design some d.i.y. record storing system. if i can did it, i will update you guys....

:)

I know you don't work there anymore.

I should have said "Yu's former company" :)

we all can't have a bad ass loft with custom shelves

Yes you can if you bust your ass like I did to get them. The materials (not counting the custom metal work for the railing) cost far less than and equivalent number of Expedits. My dad and I worked very hard to get all that together, with him 2,000 miles away. He drove the pieces to me in his van. I installed the hardwood floor by hand and physically carried each of the cabinets up a fucking ladder on my back to get them in there. So if you just want to buy something expensive to put your records in and aren't into hard work then no, you can't have a bad ass loft like mine.

Also, can't you get as many of those Expedits as you want for $300 shipping? I understand you might not be able to afford a bunch of them or maybe you don't have enough records to warrant it, but that's a pretty good deal if you buy a shitload of stuff. We bought all the cabinetry for our kitchen, a king-bed, a kids bed and some dressers from Ikea and the shipping was $300. Not bad considering the total was WAY less than any local cabinet store, even home depot.

I'll probably do exactly what you did as soon as I have a house of my own. Right now, in my tiny one-bedroom apartment, that's not really an option. Not that anyone cares, but I did order a couple of those Target shelves that someone posted in another thread a few weeks ago since they had free shipping plus 15% off. They came yesterday, and while I worried they might be flimsy as I was putting them together, they feel totally solid once complete. I've loaded the shit out of them already.

I'll probably do exactly what you did as soon as I have a house of my own. Right now, in my tiny one-bedroom apartment, that's not really an option. Not that anyone cares, but I did order a couple of those Target shelves that someone posted in another thread a few weeks ago since they had free shipping plus 15% off. They came yesterday, and while I worried they might be flimsy as I was putting them together, they feel totally solid once complete. I've loaded the shit out of them already.

Yea!! I got 6 of those suckers loaded up and equipment on top. Solid as a rock! :D