Misfits: "12 Hits From Hell" questions

hey,

A buddy of mine said he had two of these Lp's. He said he got them for 50 bucks a piece and he would sell me one for 60 dollars. I think he said he got them in 2001 from some record shop in Germany. I looked on ebay but I couldn't find one listed. Anyone have the details on this record and maybe if 60 is a fair price. He said it was black and a repress. He doesn't really collect, just a huge Misfits fan. Thanks in advance.

-david

not complete but some info on the release here: http://www.discogs.com/Misfits-The-12-Hits-From-Hell-The-MSP-Sessions/master/105463 - $60 seems a bit steep unless it's some kind of oddity or orignal promo (which it won't be). Not an expert on this particular release but shop around online (inclduing the above link) and see if you can do better!

all the vinyl are boots but mine sounds great. it is the first press bootleg, i haven't heard any others. i think it was pressed on some colors later too.

when the boot lp first came out they could go for up to 100 bucks, but i haven't paid much attn lately. check popsike or collectersfrenzy.

i have also seen it back in stores every so often.

i think those mixes are frickin' great and it's a shame it'll likely never see an official release. like 99.9% likely it won't. maybe 110%. heh.

a lot of the same mixes are on the box set though, but they are just spread out.

there are also various counterfeits of the CD floating around, so don't pay much for those either.

there is all the info on that release here:

http://questionable12hits.page.tl/Home.htm

yeah the first press boots sound really good. they look really genuine too, with the labels and insert. i remember when they first came out, i flipped a couple on eBay for $100 a pop. i kept one copy but put it in storage. i should go get it and give it a listen. i have one of the promo CDs that got out. paid $8 for it. whoo.

Thanks for all the info. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm guessing it's a bootleg. I did a quick search to see if I could find one online for sale but had no luck. I guess I'll take a look at it and most likely buy it from him. I wish i could get it cheaper than 60 but it looks like that's not gonna happen. Thanks for all the info about this.

-david

Like it was said before, they are all bootlegs. No official records were pressed. They did a few sleeves, but that's it. The first press bootleg was on BLACK limited to 1,000 (that's the numbers that were floating around back when it came out). After that there were many colors pressed. Thought this site hasn't been updated in a while, it still remains one of the best source of information when it comes to the 12 Hits from Hell release. Go down the page and there's some info on the LP version. http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/misfits12hits/versions.html

I remember buying mine for like $35 when it came out from Amazon! It was sealed and sold by Amazon (not from the Amazon Market). Not sure how they got it, but they probably didn't know it was a bootleg. They only had 1 for sale and a few weeks later I found that 12 Hits From Hell site realizing that it was a bootleg that I bought. A few years ago there was always many copies available on Ebay, but it's now only showing up once in a while.

The last one I saw on Ebay (ended July 5th), sold for $46

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150462500238&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT