Baroness - First

• 3 weeks later...

The "First & Second" LP is almost done. All of the print is done and at the plant, we're just waiting on it to press and hit the dock. I would say in the next three weeks it will be available. There will be 2,000 copies pressed in the first pressing - 1,000 black, 500 orange, 500 green. It is packaged in a gatefold jacket with the same varnishes and foil used on the CD reissue. I will post pictures as soon as I have some and will announce it before it goes on sale. It will be available on the same date directly from us or from our usual mailorder folks - Robotic Empire and Shirtkiller.

We're tossing around the idea of taking just a handful of preorders, only open for a day or two, before the record ships and entering everyone who orders into a drawing for a test pressing... Thoughts?

bought a copy from a friend a few months back for around $40. it's on brown with some white streaks in it, and I read somewhere that that's from the 2nd pressing. my friend bought it when Baroness played here in Norway once, and the merchguy had told him it was from the first pressing. not according to what I've read though.

stoked about a collection of both 1st & 2nd! love Baroness.

The "First & Second" LP is almost done. All of the print is done and at the plant, we're just waiting on it to press and hit the dock. I would say in the next three weeks it will be available. There will be 2,000 copies pressed in the first pressing - 1,000 black, 500 orange, 500 green. It is packaged in a gatefold jacket with the same varnishes and foil used on the CD reissue. I will post pictures as soon as I have some and will announce it before it goes on sale. It will be available on the same date directly from us or from our usual mailorder folks - Robotic Empire and Shirtkiller.

We're tossing around the idea of taking just a handful of preorders, only open for a day or two, before the record ships and entering everyone who orders into a drawing for a test pressing... Thoughts?

this is awesome news.

Definitely will order.

Now, I'll sit back and watch the pre order jokes from Hyperrealist roll in! That is who's putting this out, right?

Exactly. I'm waiting on that myself. And yeah, we're putting it out. There's a reason why our mailorder is handled by Robo and Shirtkiller, we've just not got the time or manpower to handle large volumes of mailorder at the moment (which is also why I would only offer preorders for a short time. I do NOT want to have to pack and ship 1,000 orders in a week again. Tends to get messy.)