Deftones-White Pony Reissue

We are of a dying breed.  And for a cover / package that is as clean and simplistic as White Pony, I can think of no better choice.  Not even a painfully obvious white.

a clear variant is definitely the perfect variant for this album.  The clear variant of Koi No Yokan is probably my favorite clear variant in my entire collection.

The end of that song takes me out of vibe of that record every time.  I honestly wonder if you took that song and Mein (which I also think is pretty weak) off the record if people would hate on it so much.  The rest is pretty great, Riviere and Combat are both top ten Deftones songs for me.

I don't care if I catch flack, but Cherry Waves is definitely in my top 10 Deftones songs, always liked the way it lead into Mein. I don't think it's that bad of a track until Serj pops in, never really thought it fit the song. As far as White Pony goes, RX queen and Knife Party were always top for me.

SNW has Beware, Kimdracula and Combat. the album can't be knocked.

Well, well, well. Look who it is. About damn time you migrated over here Mike.

i wouldn't say "migrate", i just haven't been around at all.  ;) and being here for what, an hour, i saw how much shit i didn't realize was up for PO and died a little inside. the vinyl budget is no longer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I would like to see a White Pony-era rarities disc.  Could have "Crenshaw / I'll Throw Rocks at you", "Boy's Republic", "No Ordinary Love", "Back2Skool", and some demo or something.  Or a companion disc of unreleased Team Sleep songs (esp. "Kool-Aid Party" which apparently was finished for release but ultimately dropped).

I'd also kill for a remastering of the 03 song "Lovers"... the cd-single version is bullocks.

Call it the "Attn Deftones: Warner is very sorry 'bout that" and include "Damone" too.

Pink Cellphone, that shit is embarrassing...

this. was listening to SNW the other day and forgot about it. was a bummer.

I made a version of the album that cuts the song off at approximately 3:54 before it gets weird. Right after she says "amen" and it echoes out. Makes the song and the album much more tolerable, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...