your experiences with RUN FOR COVER

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't think accepting things being late is okay for us to do.

perhaps i'm just passive. i'm never thrilled when my stuff is a little late, but i also don't really have any control over it, so i can't do much except shrug. this is all assuming it's only a week or two late, though. people who have been waiting since october or november to receive a non-preorder item (like niku)... yeah, i'd be pissed off, and i'd do something about it.

one of the reasons i'm not getting the no sleep subscription again (besides its cost and underwhelming set of releases) is because the last 12 (of 19 total) records are coming now, in 2013. i've lost interest by now.

I could see people getting annoyed with the e-mails, and maybe pre-orders (but thats every label lately.) I ordered two in stock items at noon on Tuesday and it was processed via USPS later that night. So theres some good going on...

Got this today! :)

There was an issue :(

Sent you an e-mail Jeff.

EDIT: Taken care of first thing after the weekend. Thanks.

What a lot of people dont realize is how shitty and unprepared most pressing plants were for the vinyl surge. Pressing my own records gives me all the respect in the world for labels that deal with this shit everyday. You're completely left up to whatever they feel like doing. Any major will step in at any time and get their shit pushe to the front of the line while your stuff falls continually behind. Not to mention the amount of fuck ups the labels have no part it. The last few months alone: those menzingers records being warped, no sleep stuff getting mislabeled etc. the list goes on. Cut them some slack.

Absolutely love this label. Only problem I've experienced aside from delayed pre-orders is having a variant of a record selling out after I had pre-ordered it. While the delays can be a bit of a nuisance sometimes, I completely understand. This is a small label that's growing in popularity at an incredible rate, which is a testament to the quality of bands they sign and their great customer service. I will never hesitate to buy something from them, and am eagerly awaiting the 7" subscription and the *cough* Coasta LP.

Ordered from RFC three or four times now. Always great service and sturdy packaging. Also, it's good that they keep us updated if there is a delay.

Only had a very minor problem once beyond their control with the Tigers Jaw records where they were in transit for about 5 weeks (usually takes a package 1.5-2 weeks to arrive from the states; maybe 2-2.5 over Xmas) but they arrived here in the end!

only problem i've ever had is pretty much no packaging. ordered from them four times now and each time records were just placed in a mailer with no bubble wrap, cardboard or anything. no issues yet but always makes me a little concerned when i order.

Same.. Only ordered twice, first time worked out ok but the second time got a record majorly warped with fucking tread marks or some shit on it.. Basically a $25 frisbee seeing as i live in australia..

International shipping is already a bitch so i would definately pay extra for extra protection

one of the reasons i'm not getting the no sleep subscription again (besides its cost and underwhelming set of releases) is because the last 12 (of 19 total) records are coming now, in 2013. i've lost interest by now.

I see this sentiment a lot on this board, and I think it's really ironic, and missing the point of records a bit. The point of vinyl (for me, at least) is that it's an archival format. It takes a lot of resources to make, but with proper care and maintenance, it will last forever. I have my dad's old records and play them all the time, i love that I'm listening to the same exact thing he did in the 70s. A CD is data storage, and a fragile method at that. In 20 years (hell, now if you know the proper channels) you can download and burn a perfect copy of any CD and print out a 5x5 cover, maybe even get the booklet on iTunes. Its value is temporary and increasingly trivial. I'll pay a couple bucks for digital music, but vinyl is for things I care about.

And you've lost interest in music you paid for a year ago? iTunes is that way, bro.

This goes double for all the "nostalgia value" pressings that makes kids jizz their pants and flush sixty bucks down the drain. Midtown sucks, y'all, how often and for how long are you going to want to relive middle school? Am I the only one who hated middle school?

Was just typing up explanations for each 7" look for an announcement next week.

Jeff, do us a solid and nudge those dudes from Mockingbird, Wish Me Luck to write some music.  Their 7" from your last sub was my favorite, and I had never heard them prior.

...also, how about a teaser for this year's?  

And you've lost interest in music you paid for a year ago? iTunes is that way, bro.

i'm actually pretty jazzed about a lot of the stuff i will end up getting. i think a better word i should've used instead of interest is "excitement." i guess i was looking forward to spinning them as my inaugural listening session but it didn't pan out that way. hence my disappointment.

The point of vinyl (for me, at least) is that it's an archival format. [...] I'll pay a couple bucks for digital music, but vinyl is for things I care about.

i share your sentiment. my way of supporting my favorite artists used to be through buying their CDs, but for the past few years i have resorted to vinyl, especially for my favorite albums. and i find i'm a little more selective about which records i want to own.

i'm actually pretty jazzed about a lot of the stuff i will end up getting. i think a better word i should've used instead of interest is "excitement." i guess i was looking forward to spinning them as my inaugural listening session but it didn't pan out that way. hence my disappointment.

Oh, word. I know the feeling, what with leaks and streams and preorder downloads it is rare that I can avoid listening to an album before it's in my hands.

Got my order that i placed a little over a week ago in the mail today. It was a 7" in the envelope but it had 2 pieces of cardboard, so it came safe. Pleased with That.

Still no shipping confirmation on the citizen order I placed in october though that Jeff said would ship that day :/