your experiences with RUN FOR COVER

I would like to know about your own experiences wth RFC. Well, we all know that Jeff is working hard and that RFC puts out quality releases like all the time but I have the feeling that his mail order is a kind of chaos... And I am not a hypocrite who is rude because he sends something out like 1 hour too late. I already emailed Jeff 1000 times and I am sick and tired of it right now. Like many of you guys I pre ordered the 2nd press of the Fireworks 7inch last year and then I ordered the whole Title Fight 2nd press and some other stuff around the release date of the FW 7inch......He told me that he has sent my stuff 2 times but I cant believe him because I get a small or a bigger package from the US amost every week and things dont go lost soooo many times unless the mailorder guy is too dumb to write down an adress but otherwise I normally always receive my stuff....So in fact he owes me over 100 dollars and even when he was always nice and kind in his emails I already heard about "screwed up" orders by 5 people...... I never had such a bad experience with a label!

Dude, get ready for about 20 people to come in here and back Jeff. I started a thread about 2 weeks ago and the consensus was "Jeff's a good dude...it just takes him awhile to ship stuff. So keep emailing him until you get your stuff".

So I keep emailing him.

Here's my thread

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50993&start=0

i have had problems with my RFC orders. i'm not gonna be all 'jeff's a good dude! backed hard!' but to his credit, he has always pulled through and sent me my stuff. albeit after many emails and promises of mailing things out.

also, the last order i placed, when i got my package, the tigers jaw acoustic 7" #2 was literally taped with packing tape to the box somehow between the two flaps on the back. it looked like a careless accident, but i have noooo earthly idea how it could have happened and i was lucky it didn't destroy the vinyl itself. just need to be more careful packing i guess.

my only real complaint is was how terribly packaged (not shipping packaged, like actual record it's self) the Tigers Jaw acoustic 7"s are. for someone who runs a legit label to have a release with blank labels and photo copied jackets is kinda disappointing since it wasn't like the record was $2.

the harsh reality needs to fucking kick in with this dude.

If he can't stay on top of his mailorder, he needs to do one of the following:

1.farm it out to a bigger distro

2.shut his store off when he goes on tour

3.hire someone reliable to run it while he's gone

4.stop running a label altogether.

I'm sick and tired of people complaining about this label and the very good chance that if you do place an order, you will not get it.

It bums me out for so many reasons that I'm getting so angry just thinking about, I can't even type anymore. There's a few of his records I would like to order but I refuse to gamble with this guy...had I known he was on tour with Fireworks I would have gone to the Chicago show a few weeks ago, found him and lectured him on how he's a irresponsible asshat and shouldn't be fucking around with peoples money like this.

when I calm down later I'll try to put together a rational response.

I'm sick and tired of people complaining about this label and the very good chance that if you do place an order, you will not get it.

It bums me out for so many reasons that I'm getting so angry just thinking about, I can't even type anymore. There's a few of his records I would like to order but I refuse to gamble with this guy...had I known he was on tour with Fireworks I would have gone to the Chicago show a few weeks ago, found him and lectured him on how he's a irresponsible asshat and shouldn't be fucking around with peoples money like this.

rfc has improved this year, jeff has someone to help with mailorder on a part time basis i believe but in saying that, it still needs work done on it

Note to self... Start saying ASSHAT again. Makes me laugh everytime I hear it.

I pre-ordered the Wonder Years vinyl with the sweatshirt and I received the record but never the sweatshirt. After numerous emails he finally refunded the money to me for the sweatshirt.

why didn't he just send you the sweatshirt? did he oversell them?

Supposedly the sweatshirt was mailed seperately from the record. After emailing him numerous times, he had already sold out of the size I ordered.

I ordered two LPs months ago, and they arrived warped as a result of terrible packaging. There was only one strip of tape on the entire mailer and it was already coming off - apparently someone else was taking care of mailing while he was at Warped Tour, but I don't know why the person in question did such a terrible job at packaging.

Anyway, I e-mailed (with pictures of the damage) and didn't get a response, so after several more weeks, I e-mailed again. He said he was sending them out right then, but that was three weeks ago and I haven't received them yet. He was really nice in the e-mail so hopefully I'll eventually get them - I'll just do what everyone suggests and keep emailing and cross my fingers.

Does anyone here not know the story behind this label yet? Good releases, tons of mailorder issues.

I've never had an issue of stuff not arriving or anything but it may be in part because I completely forgot I ordered it. I mean I ordered some stuff (Tiger Jaws S/T CD, second acoustic 7" etc.) on May 11 and it it arrived sometime mid August. So I mean, it took a long time, but I'm assuming because it was a pre-order and what not. However, I did forget I ordered it.