DOWN - NOLA LP Reissue?

jhulud

[image]

I've been seeing an alleged reissue of Down's NOLA LP on eBay.

I googled it and only reliable result I got was on Discogs:

http://www.discogs.com/Down-NOLA/release/1993609

I checked the usual suspects (InSound, Aural Exploits) and nothing on where to get this reissue.

Anyone know what gives?

i had a og copy of this and sold it for a ton of cash. if there was a legit place carrying a boot, id probably buy it just to have it to listen to. ive seen them pop up on ebay a lot. they are all brand new looking and all seem to be in europe.

this record is pretty great though. so was II. i didnt even listen to the last one though.

I actually won one of these off ebay a few months ago for $20. It's gotta be a bootleg. The print on the vinyl labels barely shows and instead of the fleur de lis on the spine like the original, it's a bad print job of an ae character. BBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT I have listened to a it a bunch (i love this shit out of this album) and it actually does sound pretty good. I'd love to have an OG press of this, but I don't see that happening. I can't lie, i am pretty happy with this version.

related news: Looks like they have a Live LP coming out that has a DVD with it. Looks pretty sweet. You can PO at aural exploits.

• 4 years later...

Um what. I look every day for this. This is my white whale, where and anymore?

It just popped up on eBay. There are some on discogs for less than $50 plus ship.

Edit - here is the link to the listing I bought. Maybe message the seller and see if they have more.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281543871724

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

I thought II was a great record

The evening with down for that tour was the best phil fronted show I ever saw. That includes pantera several times from far beyond till the end, down a bunch and superjoint

I agree with this. I saw the same tour, and got to meet pepper, Jimmy and kirk. Cool dudes

I ordered both from bullmoose and down Ii has shipped but not Nola yet. It's showing out of stock but they said they should be getting some more in....hopefully 

• 2 weeks later...