any anime nerds?

RWBY is not really anime, just in anime style. Not sure what the shows future is anymore since the main creator passed away this past weekend.

Word. I actually wasn't aware of that, hadn't looked at production credits/etc. yet, just had some of that feel to it. I guess it falls into the Avatar type category of western animation that is influenced by the anime style/culture.

I donno if I can work my way through it either though. A lot of what makes me choose certain anime/cartoons over other ones is animation style, and the animation in RWBY is just gaaaaarbage. I hate it. Pseudo cell-shaded, 2.5D bologna.

I may at some point, can't deal with subs at work though, which is where is be viewing it. Looks like it's be up my alley.

deadman wonderland is pretty cool its pretty dark but yea no ending :/

and dubbed anime is so weird to me but i get it if you cant be super attentive to it

deadman wonderland is pretty cool its pretty dark but yea no ending :/

and dubbed anime is so weird to me but i get it if you cant be super attentive to it

Yeah, if I have time to sit down and just watch it and not do anything else, I'd usually rather watch subbed. Just doesn't work here because I'm usually doing paperwork at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Uh...so I just found out how ridiculously expensive the 6-disk Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum Collection DVD set it. Anyone want to buy mine?

Don't you dare sell that! I love mine so much and have no regrets paying what I did for it. Which was more than I would've liked too but still...

I would at least wait until (hopefully) a blu-ray rerelease comes out.

Don't you dare sell that! I love mine so much and have no regrets paying what I did for it. Which was more than I would've liked too but still...

I would at least wait until (hopefully) a blu-ray rerelease comes out.

I picked mine up for cheap yeeeeears and years ago. I want to say I paid less than $50 for it. ;)

I just never watch it anymore, and (probably wrongly) assume a blu-ray set will be released sometime soon.

Yeah, hoping eventually they do a localized blu ray box with both English and Japanese VO and English subtitle options.  If they do it will likely be cheaper too.  I want the Japanese versions of KoS, but it's 12 episodes, split into 6 parts (2 episodes each) and each of the six parts is roughly $80 or so, so it's way to expensive for me.  Don't know if there will even be a NA version, seeing as Netflix put that out and that's an entirely different business model.  Still hopeful though!

KoS?

Also. I'm probably going to start a FS thread when I get my real account back on the 10th, but I'm entertaining offers on that Evangelion Platinum, Ghost in the Shell: SAC Season 1 box set (complete collection), and Cowboy Bebop: Remix (the 6-disc anime legends box). Hit me up <3

Sorry to clog up the thread like this, but I hate not having my other account with feedback on it.

so yeah, i watched through angel beats a while ago and that was alright.

not as sad as i had heard it was though.

also recently watched through kids on the slope, which i absolutely adored.

might have been mentioned on here already but if it hasn't, it's by the dude that did cowboy bebop and has the same dude doing music for it too.

it's about a group of people who play jazz together.

i really loved it.

i also started future diary before watching the previously mentioned shows but stopped halfway.

the concept is REALLY cool and had me pumped, but the show isn't all that interesting to me and at times i really feel like i have to force myself to watch it instead of being geniunely curious about what'll happen in the next episode.

idk, i might pick it back up again later.

KoS?

Also. I'm probably going to start a FS thread when I get my real account back on the 10th, but I'm entertaining offers on that Evangelion Platinum, Ghost in the Shell: SAC Season 1 box set (complete collection), and Cowboy Bebop: Remix (the 6-disc anime legends box). Hit me up <3

Sorry to clog up the thread like this, but I hate not having my other account with feedback on it.

Knights of Sidonia.  You can watch it with English VO on Netflix, or with Japanese VO and English subs for free online at sites like anime1.com ... Not sure how you'd like it, the animation is pretty heavy on the CG. I saw a feature about how they use some kind of technology or something to make it so the characters always look like they are facing the perfect angle.  If you don't like the obvious CG looking stuff, you might not like the style.  It's not an issue for me, I still enjoy the animation, along with everything else the show has to offer. Even shows like Attack on Titan are roughly 50% animation and 50% CG, even though they keep to a more true animation style.

I might be interested in that Evangelion collection.  Or I might ask for the overpriced blu ray set as a birthday gift later this year.

Knights of Sidonia.  You can watch it with English VO on Netflix, or with Japanese VO and English subs for free online at sites like anime1.com ... Not sure how you'd like it, the animation is pretty heavy on the CG. I saw a feature about how they use some kind of technology or something to make it so the characters always look like they are facing the perfect angle.  If you don't like the obvious CG looking stuff, you might not like the style.  It's not an issue for me, I still enjoy the animation, along with everything else the show has to offer. Even shows like Attack on Titan are roughly 50% animation and 50% CG, even though they keep to a more true animation style.

I might be interested in that Evangelion collection.  Or I might ask for the overpriced blu ray set as a birthday gift later this year.

Worddddd. Some CG stuff bugs me, like the stuff in the Ghost in the Shell series didn't bug me at all, but that one RGBY or whatever really did for whatever reason. I'm weird about what I like and don't like and I can't explain what exactly makes me dislike some things. :wacko:

Lemme know if you want that dvd set, brotha! :)

I know I probably should keep it. But in all honesty I haven't watched it in years.

The NGE Platinum box is worth money now? I sold mine for like $30 last year.

I keep seeing them for $100+ and the lowest priced one on Amazon is over $200 for a used one. It also depends, the 6-disc "platinum edition" is the one people are selling for that much, the seven disc "platinum edition complete" is selling for much less, as it omits a number of features in the 6-disc somehow.

Edit: I guess it also fluctuates wildly. Apparently one sold on ebay for like $194 recently, but it was sealed.

Worddddd. Some CG stuff bugs me, like the stuff in the Ghost in the Shell series didn't bug me at all, but that one RGBY or whatever really did for whatever reason. I'm weird about what I like and don't like and I can't explain what exactly makes me dislike some things. :wacko:

Lemme know if you want that dvd set, brotha! :)

I know I probably should keep it. But in all honesty I haven't watched it in years.

Yeah, I'm the same way, maybe check it out then? I was gripped after a few episodes (there are 12 so far) Then when I got to around episode 9 and was waiting for the next ep to come out, I rewatched 1 through 9 in a row out of anticipation. I was like 'I need moar!'

Like someone said before, RWBY isn't even technically anime, it's anime-influenced animation.

Ghost in the Shell, I've only seen the original film, own it, love it.  Love that older-style animation that you don't really see anymore, same w/ Akira.  I kinda wanna check out the GitS Arise reboot-thingy though.

As for the set, depends on price, if you want a higher rate, I'd have to bow out.  I guess if you were going to let it go cheap, you might as well just keep or, or at least, that's probably what I'd do.

Yeah, I'm the same way, maybe check it out then? I was gripped after a few episodes (there are 12 so far) Then when I got to around episode 9 and was waiting for the next ep to come out, I rewatched 1 through 9 in a row out of anticipation. I was like 'I need moar!'

Like someone said before, RWBY isn't even technically anime, it's anime-influenced animation.

Ghost in the Shell, I've only seen the original film, own it, love it.  Love that older-style animation that you don't really see anymore, same w/ Akira.  I kinda wanna check out the GitS Arise reboot-thingy though.

As for the set, depends on price, if you want a higher rate, I'd have to bow out.  I guess if you were going to let it go cheap, you might as well just keep or, or at least, that's probably what I'd do.

Yeah, I'll probably hang on to it. Maybe take it to work and re-watch it at some point.

Just threw the RWBY in there for the CGI reference, but yeah, old GitS is awesome, but I really dug the show too. You should check it out! I've been considering checking out the new(ish?) reboot too.

Naw, but I'm going to check it out now.  I've seen the live action Casshern, assuming they are related?

Yeah, I think it's the same franchise..but they Rebooted the story in a pretty cool way. It's themes are pretty cool/philosophical for an anime of it's type. Have you watched any good ones recently?

Picked up the first season of Space Dandy on blu-ray/DVD today.  I also, since my fiance's parents got me an Amazon gift card for my birthday, I picked up the 3 DBZ movie packs, which combined comes with all the DBZ movies (minus The History of Trunks and Bardock: The Father of Goku for some reason...).  I also grabbed the blu-ray of the Cowboy Bebop movie.  All-together it only came to $33.  Pretty excited.

• 2 weeks later...

Still watching Hunter x Hunter every chance I get.  Loving the show so much.  Everything about it is amazing.

Also started watching the Dragon Ball Z movies for the first time in yeeeears, starting with the first one.  I just finished The Tree Of Might the other day.  I've also been playing the newest game Dragon Ball Z: Xenoverse.  And you know what all of this DBZ stuff lately has made me realize?  This is one show that will forever and always be one of the best things in the world to me.  There is just so much nostalgia and happiness associated with that show for me that I don't think I will ever think it's not cool.  And if a day ever comes when I think differently then I need to be slapped.