any anime nerds?

Watched the first episode of DxD earlier. It was alright. Definitely laughed a few times. I'm not sure if I wasn't really in the mood for it though or what, but I'm not sure if I'll keep watching right away.

Couldn't find that other show on Crunchyroll or Funimation though.

I did also watch the first episode of Beelzebub and that was fucking hilarious.

check kissanime - they are on there

A friend suggested Psycho Pass and we finished marathoning it today (the first series at least). It was definitely super good! Somehow he hasn't seen Ghost In The Shell at all so I got him started on SAC 1st Gig since Psycho Pass and GITS share somewhat similar vibes. I'll take any excuse to rewatch GITS haha

A friend suggested Psycho Pass and we finished marathoning it today (the first series at least). It was definitely super good! Somehow he hasn't seen Ghost In The Shell at all so I got him started on SAC 1st Gig since Psycho Pass and GITS share somewhat similar vibes. I'll take any excuse to rewatch GITS haha

Psycho Pass is amazing! 

• 4 weeks later...

*Bringing this thread back from the grave*

I have yet to finish Psycho-Pass, but I absolutely LOVED every single thing about that series up to where I took a break from watching. The characters are fantastically written, the animation itself is gorgeous, the concept is great and the opening song is probably one of my favorite anime themes...

That is of course with the exception of my all time favorite theme from my absolute favorite anime (which I am listening to on repeat as I type this)...

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

*Bringing this thread back from the grave*

I have yet to finish Psycho-Pass, but I absolutely LOVED every single thing about that series up to where I took a break from watching. The characters are fantastically written, the animation itself is gorgeous, the concept is great and the opening song is probably one of my favorite anime themes...

That is of course with the exception of my all time favorite theme from my absolute favorite anime (which I am listening to on repeat as I type this)...

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

PP is great but the 2nd season was underwhelming imo

PP is great but the 2nd season was underwhelming imo

So I've heard. I'm still very new to anime so I've only watched a handful of series, but every one (except for Anohana since it's very short at 11 episodes) has lost me starting with their second season (or in the case of Attack On Titan, the second half of the first season).

up to volume 16 or so in the Berserk manga. I watched the first feature film over the weekend and it was pretty good--kinda rushed. I figure i'll watch the other two soon and then start going through the anime series. I don't think they cover any material outside of The Golden Age arc, so I don't have to worry about spoiling anything to come. been really loving this series.

• 2 weeks later...

if it hasn't already been mentioned, I sincerely suggest everyone to check out the Monogatari series. I cant describe what kind of genre it is because it incorporates so many, mainly mystery, romance, mythology, supernatural, etc. the main reason why I recommend this show is because of the beautiful animation and dialogue which is what really drives the story, even in the short action scenes there is much detail presented that shouldn't be missed. check it out!

if it hasn't already been mentioned, I sincerely suggest everyone to check out the Monogatari series. I cant describe what kind of genre it is because it incorporates so many, mainly mystery, romance, mythology, supernatural, etc. the main reason why I recommend this show is because of the beautiful animation and dialogue which is what really drives the story, even in the short action scenes there is much detail presented that shouldn't be missed. check it out!

I'll definitely be doing this.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have conflicted feelings about this.

Same, but I'm also excited. FLCL was awesome, and even if it sucks, the original still exists in it's awesomeness.

• 2 weeks later...