any anime nerds?

My friend, his brother, and I have started watching through all of Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy.  I've seen some episodes here and there when it was on but never watched all of it.  The dialogue is some of the most cheesy stuff I've ever heard, but it's a lot of fun and entertaining.  Especially if you're a wrestling fan.

So, I feel like most of you guys wouldn't, but do any of you go to conventions and the like? I didn't for the longest time, but I went to Anime Weekend Atlanta last year, and I'm planning on going again this year.

I feel like I'm not the average con-goer, though; I don't cosplay, because it's too expensive and I don't have the patience to put anything together that I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in. Also, I hardly had any interest in the majority of the events and panels they had over that entire weekend (with the exception of the 4chan 10th Anniversary panel, which was hella fun and terrifying at the same time).

I'm a Dealers Den/Artists Alley fiend, though. Those two rooms emptied my wallet like nobody's business, and I didn't even buy that much stuff. Imported and handmade goods do not come cheap, especially at a convention.

^ Have been thinking about this recently. I have never had any friends who actually dug anime and never cared to go alone, but recently started a band with someone who is lightly into it(via his girlfriend) and they go to some of the con that go one here. Might end up tagging along one year just to see how it pans out. Also I would more than likely end of being one of those dealers den/artists alley fiends. 

Finished Neon Genesis Evangelion earlier.

Wtf did I just watch? So good but I have no idea what just happened. Do the movies help explain more?

Let me start of by saying that the movie, Death & Rebirth, is nothing but a recap of the whole series plus some new animation that isn't really necessary to see. Going back to that stuff later is cool though. Also the second part of the movie, Rebirth. is the first half of End Of Evangelion and that in itself is another ending to the series that creator did as an alternate ending to the original since a whole bunch of people thought it to be complete shit and even threatened  him with death on some occasions, haha. Funny thing is the movie somewhat seems like a big fuck you to some of those fans because of all of the stuff that goes down and the ending that fans have speculated about for so many fucking years. End Of Eva kind of explains more of who's working in the background of nerve and they're plans for what they think Human Instrumentality is. While also delving into the mind of Shinji in a more fucked up way. The movie can be pretty dark sometimes. The rebuild movies on the other hand are re-imaginings of the series with a bigger budget( seeing as you've seen the series, they essentially ran out of money on those later episodes and it definitely shows) they way the creator had initially wanted to see the series play out. There are very little changes to the first movie and it is essentially the first 6 episodes, but in HD. The second rebuild movie You Can(not) Advance plays out somewhat similar to the series, but has various changes towards the end of it. Even introducing a new character to the fold while ultimately bringing the rebuild movies to a completely different plane that the others. You can especially tell this by the more recent one, You Can(not) Redo. It's completely flips everything on it's ass and for that some people hate it. Personally I loved it. Sure, it wasn't the character study that the series turned into towards the end, but that's not what I wanted. I just wanted to see a different take on it and it seems that the creator is delivering on that front. With all that said, good luck, haha. You may like the movies depending on how you felt about the series.