Triple Decker Record Dead Weather

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it's great. i'd love to get one and have to make that tough decision about pulling it apart or leaving it as is. if the new song on the seven inch is that song thats on the paper of Sea of Cowards, it might be well worth ripping it apart.

i guess i dont see this kind of stuff as the same as variant comic covers.

i think it's great. i'd love to get one and have to make that tough decision about pulling it apart or leaving it as is.

That was the tough part when Rocket From The Crypt first put out there "Cut And Play" record. Those songs and that record are readily available now, but when it first came out i thought it was super limited and wasn't sure what to do. I cut it a few days later cause i wanted some new jams. I thought I was a true fan cause I was listening to it, then someone sells an uncut one on ebay for $150 and i'm scrambling for the glue. I'm not sure what my point is, but fuckin a these cut and play songs still shred hard and i'm sure that $150 would have just got me drunk and high.

I don't think they are patting themselves on the back for creating tri colored records or split colored vinyl. I think they are nodding to the Third Man Tri-color and their Third Man Black/Blue live series, which are signature releases of the Third Man catalog. Whenever an article is written about TMR it always mentions the tri color 7' and their popularity among collectors, as well as the live shows performed at the store/studio and how they are recorded and pressed. I don't think they are sayign they invented multi colored vinyl.

I would like to hear how the 12" sounds after it has been pried open and snapped back together. I mean, that's the title track of the release, so it should still sound ok, right?

A friend and i were discussing this and are also wondering if it'll still sound as good as before being broken or even if it'll sound ok in the first place.

I would like to hear how the 12" sounds after it has been pried open and snapped back together. I mean, that's the title track of the release, so it should still sound ok, right?

I don't recall him saying it snapped back together. Is it garbage after you crack it open?

It is garbage before you open it :P

Seriously though, I bet that thing has sound quality far worse than a picture disc. I also predict with such a low quantity made, about 10 dudes will end up hoarding all of them and flipping them on ebay.