Introduce Yourself!

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest errolwest
]

Shit! He's in a new band? I need to hear this. Right meow.

DWI estore has their demo 7". It's really good. Highly recommended.

I will be ordering it as soon as there is money in my paypal. I'm stoked!

man the one time I saw Heiress they bored me to death. I don't even think I watched all of their set.

Real Name-Mike Riddle

Favorite Bands-A bunch but Frank Turner is the only one that truly matters

Social Shit-

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/Riddle350

tumblr riddle350.tumblr.com

Hobbies-being awesome. bikes. tattoos. joking with Errol. My lady friend

Play In A Band-Not anymore. In high school I played bass in a few different pop=punk bands. I screamed/sang for a screamo bad rip off of at the drive in band a long time ago.

Random-I'm veg. Check my hobbies. I fully advocate stage dives and headwalks at shows. i enjoy beer and ice cream. super long super hot showers. singing till youre unable to speak. sunrises and sunsets.

Mike Torti

Favorite Bands:

hot water music, verse, elliott, a bunch, its too hard to list.

What's your Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr etc.?:

http://www.facebook.com/michaeltorti

Hobbies (outside of record collecting):

shows

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us!:

www.erieshows.com

Random things you want us to know about you:

[image]

Mike Torti

Favorite Bands:

hot water music, verse, elliott, a bunch, its too hard to list.

http://www.facebook.com/michaeltorti

shows

www.erieshows.com

[image]

What's up, Prince Michael? Let me get some of that purple rain.

Ryan (aka TheRizzle, aka Rizzz, aka Mister Hater-Blockers, aka Captain Grab-A-Booty, aka Gettin-Somebody-Dotted)

Favorite Bands / Artists:

The Get Up Kids, The Streets, Converge, Every Time I Die, Ghostface Killah, Lifetime, Hot Water Music, Clipse, Boys Night Out, Saves The Day

http://www.facebook.com/originalryanmaterial

I am fairly confident that I am VC's Northernmost Correspondant. I was born in Toronto, but have been living just below the Arctic Circle for the last year and a half.

Because of this, I have spent thousands of dollars on records that I haven't even seen because I'm having them all shipped to my warehouse, otherwise known as my Mother's.

I used to work at a fairly fancy/upscale dinner club in Toronto and have seen or done the following things: saw Lance Bass and Shannon Elizabeth take two hits of Ecstacy each, "accidentally" touched Fergie's ass, saw Slash from Guns N Roses clear out an entire bar by standing on the bar and shouting "Everyone! To the patio!", pointed out that the man who my co-worker drunkenly insisted was not Ed Harris the actor to his face was in fact, Ed Harris the actor and other such tales of debauchery and shenanigans.

Ryan (aka TheRizzle, aka Rizzz, aka Mister Hater-Blockers, aka Captain Grab-A-Booty, aka Gettin-Somebody-Dotted)

The Get Up Kids, The Streets, Converge, Every Time I Die, Ghostface Killah, Lifetime, Hot Water Music, Clipse, Boys Night Out, Saves The Day

I am fairly confident that I am VC's Northernmost Correspondant. I was born in Toronto, but have been living just below the Arctic Circle for the last year and a half.

Because of this, I have spent thousands of dollars on records that I haven't even seen because I'm having them all shipped to my warehouse, otherwise known as my Mother's.

I used to work at a fairly fancy/upscale dinner club in Toronto and have seen or done the following things: saw Lance Bass and Shannon Elizabeth take two hits of Ecstacy each, "accidentally" touched Fergie's ass, saw Slash from Guns N Roses clear out an entire bar by standing on the bar and shouting "Everyone! To the patio!", pointed out that the man who my co-worker drunkenly insisted was not Ed Harris the actor to his face was in fact, Ed Harris the actor and other such tales of debauchery and shenanigans.

Crazy, what do you do up there?

what exactly do you do wayyyyyy up there?

I'm the Secretary-Treasurer for the school board here. Which is really only two schools.

Basically I just pay all of the bills for the stuff the school buys, take minutes at meetings and pay any substitute teachers / custodians. I am more or less my own boss, which is how I'm able to spend all day every day on VC. haha.

The scariest thing is I moved directly from Australia to here. It was pretty difficult getting used to the temperature change. It was around 35°C (95°F) when I left Australia, and about -40°C/°F when I got here, but it gets as cold as -60°C (-76°F) in the dead of winter.

It has actually happened since I've been here. Twice actually.

It hardly ever snows, but the wind gets up to 80km/h (50mph) and there's nary a tree to be seen, so the snow that is out here just blows around like crazy. You can hardly see your hand in front of your face, especially if the sun is out (it hardly ever is in the winter. we get about 3 and a half hours of daylight each day between november and march). Once when I first got here, a woman got caught out in a storm like that and she froze to death. They found her about 15 feet from shelter that could have saved her life. Last winter, another woman was just outside of town and couldn't find her way back even though it's literally the only thing around for hundreds of miles. They found her body just over the hill behind the town.

Whenever the weather is bad like that, everything completely shuts down, which means you can't get water delivered until it clears. We didn't get water for 6 days last winter because of a storm. There's no plumbing here because the pipes would freeze in that weather, so we have water tanks that are filled by water trucks.

Guest errolwest
It has actually happened since I've been here. Twice actually.

It hardly ever snows, but the wind gets up to 80km/h (50mph) and there's nary a tree to be seen, so the snow that is out here just blows around like crazy. You can hardly see your hand in front of your face, especially if the sun is out (it hardly ever is in the winter. we get about 3 and a half hours of daylight each day between november and march). Once when I first got here, a woman got caught out in a storm like that and she froze to death. They found her about 15 feet from shelter that could have saved her life. Last winter, another woman was just outside of town and couldn't find her way back even though it's literally the only thing around for hundreds of miles. They found her body just over the hill behind the town.

Whenever the weather is bad like that, everything completely shuts down, which means you can't get water delivered until it clears. We didn't get water for 6 days last winter because of a storm. There's no plumbing here because the pipes would freeze in that weather, so we have water tanks that are filled by water trucks.

It's gotten down to -60 a few times here.

And let Me say. It fucking sucks.

Phil (go figure right)

Favorite Bands:

Converge, Thrice, Alexisonfire, The Blood Brothers, Cursive, Against Me!, Gorillaz, Nine Inch Nails, Godspeed You Black Emperor!... I like a wide range of stuff see last.fm link in sig.

The only social media site I really use is Facebook, and I only accept friend requests from people I talk to regularly or semi-regularly IRL.

Learning about nothing and everything, reading, gaming, walking

I'm a pianist. Or, was. I'm a huge geek, went to school for programming. Married and divorced young. Trying to relearn my piano skills with a synth. I have a giant orange cat called Steve who I'm pretty sure is part tiger. I went drinking with AM! for Warren's birthday one year.

I wasn't going to do this but then i realised it was my 2000th post so why not?

Tom

Favorite Bands:

The Lawrence Arms, At The Drive-in, Whitesnake etc. (Just check my record list.)

My Facebook is my signature.

Live music in all it's forms. There is nothing better than watching a band in a basement/bar/field with a beer in your hand surrounded by friends.

I play Poker (Texas hold'em) regularly in a pub league, i also play on a pub pool team.

I'm pretty handy with a yo-yo and love zombies movies, toast, Tetris, booze, and burritos.

Nope

I'm half Italian.

I'm a twin and we were born on my Mum's birthday.

I have around 7 hours worth of tattoos and quite a few piercings.

When i'm drunk i tend to steal spoons. Not sure why, i just wake up with them in my pocket.

I think that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

DWI estore has their demo 7". It's really good. Highly recommended.

I will be ordering it as soon as there is money in my paypal. I'm stoked!

Did you ever get this?? I listened to it again today and it just rips.

I think DW will be putting out a full length if the band ever gets around to putting one together.

Taylor

Favorite Bands:

I grew up on pop punk/ska. I have an unatural addiction to MxPx, don't ask me why.... Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Mustard Plug, The Briggs, The Aquabats, Ultimate Fakebook, The Get Up Kids, and my last addiction comes to 90's alternative music, which yes i know is a vast bank of music.....

http://www.facebook.com/geekrawkingdude i think this is the right link, at work, so who knows....

Play guitar, like to think i write music and lyrics. Bike, read, road trips, craft beer (more so i love me a good wheat beer!!).

Been in and out of several bands, nothing currently

I do own and run Rocket Heart Records. http://www.rocketheartrecords.com

I'm a business major, and work a TON. I have 2 jobs, 3 if ya count the label, so my work weeks are like 65-70 hours......

Favorite Bands:

polar bear club, weatherbox, minus the bear, alexisonfire, latterman, mansions, kevin devine, iron chic

What's your Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr etc.?: www.twitter.com/mayt and http://mayt.tumblr.com/

reading, shows, video games, movies, comic books, playing guitar

Play in a band? Run a record label? Link us!: the last band i was in.. ugh...if you really wanted to hear it i'll send you a song

I really like movies, tv shows that are like 12 hour movies, opening records and putting them in bags, playing with computers, xbox live with friends, listening to podcasts on my longgg commute to work everyday. I work a super lame job where i deal with lawyers all day. I wear dress clothes to work and i hate it. I deal with it because I'm going to school part time.

Here's my lame collection

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9y7vdQan41qz5hnko1_400.jpg

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Introduce Yourself!