Torche "In Return" 10''

I know this wasn't on VC. But did anyone see this or purchase it?

It has a record and a CD in it. It's gatefold and on one side the record slips in, and on the other side it has a special cut that holds the cd, and makes it look like the actual disc is part of the artwork. One of the best packages I've ever seen.

Has any other bands done this? I personally think thats the way to do it. Package both a cd and vinyl in one. This way you can still rip it to your mp3 player or play it in your car.

[image]

Okay so this picture is hard to tell by looking at, but you see the character drawings of the band? That is the inside of the gatefold. And in the middle of all there faces is the actual CD, although it looks just like artwork. The disc is half image half clear, and it is built into the gatefold. THAT IS DOWN RIGHT DELICIOUS! Not to mention the amazing artwork.

i have two copies of 'In Return' so i know the deal, brah. as far as Interpol goes, i have no idea. i havent felt like throwing out the $30+ to pick it up.

Woops, oh well now the rest of the board will have the pleasure of checkin it out.

What colors do you have? I got the Clear w/ Planets.

the tegan and sara i ordered yesterday comes with a cd, i'll let you know in 9-10 days if it's integrated. shellac's latest lp they just threw a copy in the gatefold sleeve, it didn't even have a label or anything.

the short attention 7" had a labelled cd-r included, but it's a 7" so it was just tossed in there.

the tegan and sara i ordered yesterday comes with a cd, i'll let you know in 9-10 days if it's integrated. shellac's latest lp they just threw a copy in the gatefold sleeve, it didn't even have a label or anything.

Since Sire pressed it, it will most likely be just like AM!'s "New Wave," which just had a loose CD in a white sleeve inside the LP jacket. Nothing fancy.

Although I am stoked that Sire is doing this -- it's a pretty huge step forward for a major label, especially considering most indies don't do it (or include downloads). The cool thing is, it might make a kid who was going to buy it on CD pick it up on vinyl instead and start collecting.

Robotic Empire refuses to sell this record to people outside the US and it's driving me crazy!

Yeah, me too!! I wrote them some minutes after the pre-orders was up, i was very disappointed to not have it from them, anyway the 18 september the 10" will hit the normal usa music stores and i will buy it from one of them, the only disappointment is i lost the possibility to have the "planets" vinyl design that went sold out very quickly

ha. penal.

also,

Robotic Empire refuses to sell this record to people outside the US and it's driving me crazy!

Yeah, me too!! I wrote them some minutes after the pre-orders was up, i was very disappointed to not have it from them, anyway the 18 september the 10" will hit the normal usa music stores and i will buy it from one of them, the only disappointment is i lost the possibility to have the "planets" vinyl design that went sold out very quickly

where are you from, daniele?

Well that's what you get for living in a penal colony.

Chortle chortle

It's strange though, it's not like they've licensed it to a label here (that I know of) like they did in Europe