Favorite Amp

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fender Super six. This is my favorite amp i've ever played. Its so fucking heavy though. Literally.

I just got a verellan amp, and it seems pretty sweet so far.

Also the orange tiny terrors are amazing, and so are fender champs!

the tiny terrors are awesome for the price. i have on that i use more so than my sovtek, but my sovtek is a gigging amp. i can barely use it at 7 o'clock and it's too loud for the house. Though it does have a lot of headroom, it's still way too loud for nothing other than gigging or practice in a well padded room. Hence why i use the TT. Then again the Sovtek's has been modded a bit.

i'm kinda tired of the marshall/fender/vox/peavy brand name amps. i like looking at the botique amps.

mike, check out this site. i've been drooling on the computer for a while:

http://www.destroyallguitars.com/amplifiers-blurbs

boutique amps are awesome, but for the price you can get a schematic and have someone make you one for less than what some of the boutique amps cost. not to mention to your own specs. a little tweaking helps out a lot. I was drooling over the jackson, but getting a 18w would not be that great for gigging. Even if it's Class A, there'd be very little headroom. Mind you if i was recording on a regular basis, i'd get one in a second.

I've had so many different amps in the last 5 years it's ridiculous.

I've always loved the tone of Marshall amps, but I've owned a JCM 900 SL-X, and a JCM 2000 TSL 100. Both amps had a ton of problems, and the 900 actually started smoking on me at one point.

I had an Orange Rocker 30 for about a half of a year and it was really awesome, but very limiting. It got plenty loud enough, but it was hard to get a great tone out of it for me, plus it didn't have an effects loops.

I've owned two Mesa Boogies, and they have both been the absolute shit. I had an F100 and it was a beast. Great tones, lots of versatility, but I got real into the look of Orange amps and traded it for the Rocker 30; huge mistake.

I traded the Rocker 30 for a Single Rec Mesa, It's really great too, though I prefer the F100. I love the sound I can get out of it and the thing is built like a tank. I've also never had a single problem from a Mesa, so I back them hard.

I've had a twin for a few years and love it for the kind of stuff I play. I also have a bandmaster but for volume I always go with the twin.

Does anybody have any musicman amps? I've been wanting to pick one of those up for a while.

i do, i don't like it at all though, and i'm going to sell it. It just wasn't for me. i don't know, i could never get the settings right. i felt like it got to gainy. It could have been the cab i was using to. i'm not to sure. but either way i don't like it.

Guest errolwest

When I'm playing hardcore, nothing beats my mark one peavy 5150. That amp rules with low end/distortion stuff. That being said, I have to retube it, and that will cost a chunk of cash.

for cleaner stuff those older Fender Bassman's are pretty nice, especially those pre CBS era ones.

Really like Bad Cat, I think they make some great amps.

Dr. Z has some fun stuff as well.

Matchless chiefton's are pretty damn nice as well though.

for High-Gain stuff, my old roomate has this really really old Gibson G-40 I believe...he got it for free in non-working condition, he replaced a few things...probably accidentally modded it in fixing it...but holy shit it sounds incredible...it's only a little combo amp, but he modded it so you can run it through a cab...playing that amp through his custom built closed back 2x12/open back 2x10 cab is insane

I love Mesa's, but can't afford one right now.

I got a Crate GT1200, which is possibly the cheapest half stack in production, but that fucking thing sounds great. The clean channel is rather mediocre, but I only use it on a couple of our songs, and it's being used with a chorus and/or delay during those times. The rhythm and lead channels are really good.

I've had so many different amps in the last 5 years it's ridiculous.

I've always loved the tone of Marshall amps, but I've owned a JCM 900 SL-X, and a JCM 2000 TSL 100. Both amps had a ton of problems, and the 900 actually started smoking on me at one point.

I had an Orange Rocker 30 for about a half of a year and it was really awesome, but very limiting. It got plenty loud enough, but it was hard to get a great tone out of it for me, plus it didn't have an effects loops.

I've owned two Mesa Boogies, and they have both been the absolute shit. I had an F100 and it was a beast. Great tones, lots of versatility, but I got real into the look of Orange amps and traded it for the Rocker 30; huge mistake.

I traded the Rocker 30 for a Single Rec Mesa, It's really great too, though I prefer the F100. I love the sound I can get out of it and the thing is built like a tank. I've also never had a single problem from a Mesa, so I back them hard.

you are a fool for selling that f100.(i mean that in the most respectful way) That is a awesome head. my ex drummer has one an it's probably the best sounding mesa i've heard in a long time. and it's totally stock too.

I;m jealous somewhat as well seeing as how i don't have an amp at this moment.I'm looking to get one but there's just so damn many haha. All i have is an epiphone les paul custom guitar as of now. Looking to get a jazzmaster because of the increased scale length

i have a agile les paul with the guts totally reconfigured with switchcraft stuff and 500k pots and shielding wiring and its beautiful. I have reverse phase on it, but don't really use it all too much. But it sounds nice. best $400 i spent (and it came with a case too)

then there's my sg and i plan to totally gut and redo (new bridge, tuners, wiring, pots, tailpiece, you name it). want to get a new pick guard and bare knuckle war pig. Maybe a kill switch to replace one of the open slots thats normally used for the tone knob or volume knob. We'll see.