Favorite Amp

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a twin for a few years and love it for the kind of stuff I play. I also have a bandmaster but for volume I always go with the twin.

Does anybody have any musicman amps? I've been wanting to pick one of those up for a while.

i had one, i loved it actually. i had a 70's 2x12hd something or other, basically the musicman version of a twin. i thought it was a fantastic amp, it just wasn't quite right for what i was doing, so it was part of the trade in for the dual showman.

I've owned a retarded amount of amps... everything from vintage Marshalls to a Diezel to a Sovtek. Here's my top amps:

Fatboy 3 channel head - These were made in the mid-90's and are hard to find because they only made about 150 of them. I love these amps so much at one point I owned five of them.

Bad Cat Hot Cat - I always loved Matchless amps but I never found one appropriate to my playing. When I heard that Mark Sampson was involved in a new company and they were going to make a high gain amp I ordered one without ever hearing it. I've owned a Hot Cat 30 combo, a Hat Cat 100, and a Hot Cat 100R and they're fantastic. The owner of the company is a great guy, too.

Wizard Metal - If you want a loud single channel rock amp, this is one to find.

I've owned a retarded amount of amps... everything from vintage Marshalls to a Diezel to a Sovtek. Here's my top amps:

Fatboy 3 channel head - These were made in the mid-90's and are hard to find because they only made about 150 of them. I love these amps so much at one point I owned five of them.

Bad Cat Hot Cat - I always loved Matchless amps but I never found one appropriate to my playing. When I heard that Mark Sampson was involved in a new company and they were going to make a high gain amp I ordered one without ever hearing it. I've owned a Hot Cat 30 combo, a Hat Cat 100, and a Hot Cat 100R and they're fantastic. The owner of the company is a great guy, too.

Wizard Metal - If you want a loud single channel rock amp, this is one to find.

Martin, would you please be so kind as to post a pic (like the one you did in another thread) just for my amusement. people will probably drool as well.

Martin, would you please be so kind as to post a pic (like the one you did in another thread) just for my amusement. people will probably drool as well.

[image]

Vintage Vox AC50

Vintage Hiwatt DR201

Vintage Ampeg SVT

Vintage Ampeg SVT 8x10 cab

Vintage Marshall Superlead (1969 or 1970)

Fatboy #1

Bogner Mojo prototype

Fatboy #2

Fatboy #3

Bogner 2x12 cab

Vibroworld Custom made 4x12 cab

Matamp RED 1224 MKII

Bad Cat Hot Cat 30

Another pic from a different point in time :

[image]

Matchless Phoenix

Matchless 2x12 cab

Mesa Boggie 4x12 cab

Marshall

Hiwatt

Fatboy 2x12

Bad Cat Hot Cat 100

Fatboys 1-4

and most of that was sitting on a Matchless 8x12 (yes, 8x12) cab I bought off the Black Crowes.

I love those pictures xxmartinxx. Didn't you have a couple of rad SVT rigs too?

I recently acquired an Acoustic B120 1x15" combo off of CL for $135 that I made my gig rig. I used to run a 370 with one of two different 2x15" cabs, then shrunk it down to a 1x15" w/horn Yamaha PA speaker, but figured I could reduce my rig from 4 pieces (bass, amp, cab, pedal bag) to 3 with a combo.

Here it is with the 70's Univox P Bass I just got today...it sounds so damn good flat-lined it's crazy and if I hit the bright switch it sounds even better. I am definitely happy with this setup.

[image]

anybody know the brand of amps that Criteria uses...saw them once, meant to write down the name, but damn those amps sounded freaking great

Based on the pic on their Wikipedia page, the one in the picture looks like a Framus Dragon.

I can go through some old pictures and see if I can't confirm that. They did have amazing sounds. Ever since En Garde came out and I could identify the guitar he used I've been trying to find a Travis Bean for a decent price. I think that's a long-term goal.

Based on the pic on their Wikipedia page, the one in the picture looks like a Framus Dragon.

I can go through some old pictures and see if I can't confirm that. They did have amazing sounds. Ever since En Garde came out and I could identify the guitar he used I've been trying to find a Travis Bean for a decent price. I think that's a long-term goal.

I went through my pics....I attempted to take a pic of just the amp they were using...and my fucking point and shoot just blurred the shit out of the shot...useless shot...sounded amazing

Man those framus dragon heads sound so amazing. I managed to try one a while back because it was used at guitar center. really wish i had the 1500 to drop on that. Also the sucky thing about where i live is all the music stores here dont get any of the better amps. Just the usual marshall, vox, fender, crate, line 6

Guest errolwest

It's 50 watts, but it gets pretty loud. I'm also using a yba splitter and running my guitar through that, and an original peavy 5150 mark I. The tone is unbelievable.

I've read that the rockmaster and the butcher were discontinued because they sounded too much like a JCM... but thats just what I've read.

Crazy...I have a Butcher that my drummer let me borrow along with his guitar for a short-lived post-punk project we had going, but I haven't touched either one since the bass player decided to end the band.