Pedro The Lion entire Catalogue Repress

tokimedo

went and saw bazan + band tonight at the black cat. talked to him after the show. he told me that they are in the process of getting every pedro record re-pressed onto vinyl.

thoughts? im just happy ill be able to finish my collection.

Edited by tokimedo

Hoping for a compilation with every 7"

Otherwise, I have all these already. I'd like to hear TW's take on remastering Control though, I don't know if I would want the sound altered much on that album. If any of you have heard the difference between the Made in Mexico version of The Only Reason I Feel Secure compared to the Jade Tree remaster, it is like night and day in a bad way for the remaster.

I'm glad he is doing this though, especially when he really doesn't even have to. He gained a new wave of fans since he went solo and it is a good opportunity for people to catch up.

• 4 months later...

ok so, the chances of this happening have gone down increasingly. talked to bazan the other night at UMW when he opened for JEW, and he said that they told him if they re-release these on vinyl he would have to do a tour of ONLY pedro songs, and he said that hes not gonna do that. soooo this probably wont be happening unless they loosen up on the terms of doing it. they want him to do full tours promoting each record, and he said he already plays pedro songs with his current band, but hes not gonna just exclusively do pedro songs.

ok so, the chances of this happening have gone down increasingly. talked to bazan the other night at UMW when he opened for JEW, and he said that they told him if they re-release these on vinyl he would have to do a tour of ONLY pedro songs, and he said that hes not gonna do that. soooo this probably wont be happening unless they loosen up on the terms of doing it. they want him to do full tours promoting each record, and he said he already plays pedro songs with his current band, but hes not gonna just exclusively do pedro songs.

Jade Tree are idiots if they don't loosen up on this. Every Bazan fan understands the significance of Dave dropping the "Pedro" moniker and would find it ridiculous to see him tour under that name again. It would be like if I insisted on calling a divorced woman by her married surname. Same girl, same talents, call her what she wants to be called.

yeah david really wants these to be re-pressed cause he doesnt want people paying ridiculous prices for it, but jade tree refuses to do it without all the stipulations, which he is not down with.

its a shame really, they could make a lot of money selling these, i know a lot of people want pedro on vinyl.

I've heard Jade Tree is notorious for being dicky when it comes to setting stipulations for things like these. But yeah, just came by to say that I think this will be something that should happen but probably won't for a while.

Truth be told, I have everything on vinyl, I just need the Made In Mexico stuff. "The Only Reason I Feel Secure" always manages to escape me on eBay because people will pay over $100 for it. That MIM stuff will probably never see a repress.

Truth be told, I have everything on vinyl, I just need the Made In Mexico stuff. "The Only Reason I Feel Secure" always manages to escape me on eBay because people will pay over $100 for it. That MIM stuff will probably never see a repress.

All the MIM stuff was rereleased by Jade Tree anyway. The Only Reason... was rereleased on cd by Jade Tree, just never on vinyl. So if they DID do repressed, they would do it. But it doesn't look like its going to happen.