tokimedo

Pedro The Lion entire Catalogue Repress

24 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

These were apparently repressed on clear vinyl as an indie exclusive, as well as a standard black repress. Out last Friday. I can't seem to find any press release or anything, or any online retailers that carry all of them (not that I need to buy any of these records a 3rd/4th/5th time...) but they're out there.

I saw some of these up for preorder from online retailers, but unfortunately only the ones I already have.  Only missing Achille's Heel and Control, are you sure that these will be repressed as well?

This reminds me, I need a few PTL records to complete my discography of the first pressings:

Bazan/Foubert Split 7"
 "Helicopter" (red) 7"
"I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day" (green) 7"
 "It's Hard To Find A Friend" White LP

And these more recent things that slipped past me: 
David Bazan ‎– Taster b/w Read My Mind (came out in 2015 on Polyvinyl)
David Bazan ‎– Sparkling Water (Joyful Noise).

4 hours ago, CatsNJazz said:

Sold my coke bottle clear of control for like $40 not too long ago, will gladly replace it on any variant

I sold a Coke bottle clear in 2010 that skipped for $40, lol.

I also paid $45 for the dark green pressing in 2012-13-ish. So it's all in the same in the end.

The more time goes by, the more I find myself preferring Achilles Heel and the solo albums over the early and classic Pedro albums. I think younger me was more geared toward the slow Christian emo songs and angry-and-using-edgy-words-but-still Christian rock stuff. Now, just give me the steady dependable dad rock. B)

Edited by swb

On 5/31/2018 at 12:15 AM, swb said:

The more time goes by, the more I find myself preferring Achilles Heel and the solo albums over the early and classic Pedro albums. I think younger me was more geared toward the slow Christian emo songs and angry-and-using-edgy-words-but-still Christian rock stuff. Now, just give me the steady dependable dad rock. B)

By themselves, it's a tough call to which I enjoy more: IHTFAF, Winners or Control. They're perfect in their own way. Achilles Heel is so good, but doesn't move me like the others. That said, I think Curse Your Branches is my favorite Bazan-related material of all time.