Pedro The Lion entire Catalogue Repress

tokimedo

I would agree that my version of Control sounds pretty terrible. I was stoked when I got it (I think I paid $40 for it a few months ago) andI was really disappointed with the quality. But... I love everything Bazan has done, so I don't mind just keeping it for nostalgia.

It's kind of a bummer that these aren't out of 1k, for collectibility, but at the same time, it's cool that he wants everyone to be able to have a chance to grab one.

The day I get these in the mail will be the greatest mail day of my short vinyl career. Words cannot describe how excited I am. Now I just need to get FSF - The Moon Is Down re-pressed by someone.

Hey Alex or anyone with connections

I'm getting all my info from pedrothelion.org. His manager, TW and occasionally Bazan post there.

It's kind of a bummer that these aren't out of 1k, for collectibility, but at the same time, it's cool that he wants everyone to be able to have a chance to grab one.

Not a bummer. Press a million of them. Chase after the first pressings if you want collectibility.

• 5 weeks later...

you only have til tomorrow to preorder the package deal with reduced shipping, slipmat, and signed art print.

Also, EVERYONE should pledge some bucks toward getting the two Soft Drugs EP's pressed. Soft Drugs is TW from Pedro's band.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1149876381/the-soft-drugs-on-vinyl

Update!

This is Bob, Bazan's manager at Undertow. Here's what's going on with the vinyl.

First... thank you all for the overwhelming response and helping us spread the word about the reissue. We mostly rely on fans to pass along our news and updated to friends. Your effort and support is very much appreciated!

We're having the records pressed at Gotta Groove Records in Cleveland and they've been great to work with. High quality work and good people. Many thanks to Matt at GGR for guiding us through this massive project.

Also a big thank you to Mehron at Jade Tree. He's been involved every step of the way in getting these records reissued. He has an eagle eye for small details and saved us a lot of hassles along the way.

We've approved all of the test pressings. The albums sound really great! You'll hear a big improvement over the original pressings. TW and John did a fantastic job on the remastering.

All of the original album artwork has been slightly updated. Nothing major was changed other than adding the new mastering credits, new bar codes, fixing a few typos, etc. We did create a new LP inner sleeve for Control since the original pressing just came with a CD booklet inside. It looks nice and matches much better with the overall packaging.

The jackets and inner sleeves are at the printer now. Everything is being printed on good quality uncoated stock. These records will look as good as they sound.

Each record will come with a download code to get the new remastered audio in 320k MP3 format. These new MP3s were created from 24bit WAV files. I'm not totally sure what this means... but it's supposed to sound better.

We're on schedule for the vinyl to be pressed the first week of October and hoping everything will be delivered to Undertow by the middle of October. We'll start shipping pre-orders out in the order they came in. We've got a very efficient mail order system in place here and plenty of extra help scheduled that week. So we'll be cranking out orders as quickly as possible.

The custom printed slip mats are being printed now by the nice folks at Ink Tank Merch in Omaha.

The art prints are being printed locally by Dixon Graphics. I'm headed there on friday to look at the proofs. Once we have those done we'll ship to Bazan so he can sign and number all of them. Then he'll ship back to Undertow.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks again for supporting this. I said it before and I'll said it again... Bazan fans are the best!

Bob / Undertow

It all sounds great, it's making me bummed that I didn't dump all my original pressings like 6 months ago when I had the chance to make some beer money off them.

Each record will come with a download code to get the new remastered audio in 320k MP3 format. These new MP3s were created from 24bit WAV files. I'm not totally sure what this means... but it's supposed to sound better.

GOOD. None of that 16-bit crap. Yes it does matter. I'm super excited to pick up all of these. I only have an OG copy of Control which is heavily scratched/dirty/something... second-hand.

I wish labels would sell 24-bit wav or lossless. I would stop buying LPs in a heartbeat.

** come on 24-bit version of Say Hello to Sunshine and about a dozen other records ***

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...