Pedro The Lion entire Catalogue Repress

tokimedo

I haven't gotten my copies yet, but I called Undertow a few days ago and they were super polite and really easy going. You could probably give them a call and let them know about your issue and my guess is they'll be very understanding and hook you up.

Also, to anyone else who felt like it took forever to receive shipping info from Undertow, when I spoke to them they said they had an issue with the prints coming back from Bazan after he signed them. Apparently he forgot to wrap them in bubble wrap when he sent them to the label and a bunch of them had really banged up corners and things of that nature. Because they didn't want to give fans shoddy merch, they ordered more prints, figured out which numbers were usable and which weren't, sent the new prints back to Bazan, had him re-sign them, and finally got them back in the mail this week.

Soooo, if you were wondering why it was taking so long, that'd prolly be why. Just thought I'd share the info for anyone who was curious.

Thanks for the info. I'll try giving them a call today. I normally wouldn't care too much about this but I definitely want the remastered version digitally.

Got my package today, currently listening through chronologically. Some thoughts:

- They look great. The Pedro records have printed inner sleeves instead of inserts, which is fine. They all more or less recreated the original inserts on the sleeves, except Control which came with a CD booklet originally so it has the booklet pages arranged as a grid.

- Fewer Moving Parts has a cardstock insert with Zak Sally's art arranged on both sides.

- The original mix on It's Hard to Find a Friend has a few noticeable differences from the Jade Tree mixes. Some instruments are way more front and center, the vocals are more present, and Suspect Fled the Scene starts like a tape machine being turned on. It's a little jarring, but I've probably heard the Jade Tree mix 100+ times, so it shouldn't be that big a deal for most people.

- The Only Reason I Feel Secure has all 5 songs on side A, and the 3 songs from the Big Trucks 7" on side B, which is nice. It also fades out on the organ drones at the end of Be Thou My Vision, cutting off about 30 seconds from the CD version :(. That might be part of the original Made in Mexico mix too.

- THEY SOUND AWESOME. Much too lazy to A/B today, but TW did good work on these. I feel like I'm in the control room, I can hear every drum hit, chair creak, fret movement with great clarity. I haven't gotten to the "rocking" albums yet, but the first two records sound amazing. Achilles' Heel in particular has always sounded bad on vinyl to me, so I can't wait to hear a fresh take.

- The download codes are 320 kbps encoded with iTunes, with 900x900 cover images.

- The print is a digital print on nice paper stock. Number in one corner, Bazan signature in the other. Meh.

- The slipmat is decent, it isn't screenprinted like a lot of band ones I've seen, it's actually printed on the fabric (if that makes sense. Like an NFL pillowcase). It's whatever, I might use it.

All in all, I'll probably take a picture of my collection and sell off all my original pressings of the LPs. I do enjoy feeling superior to everyone for owning every variant of every Pedro the Lion record, but it's just not worth it if I'm going to listen to these represses exclusively.

- The Only Reason I Feel Secure has all 5 songs on side A, and the 3 songs from the Big Trucks 7" on side B, which is nice.

Wow - didn't know that. Might have to pick this one up too.

- THEY SOUND AWESOME.

Truth. So much improvement.

I do enjoy feeling superior to everyone for owning every variant of every Pedro the Lion record, but it's just not worth it if I'm going to listen to these represses exclusively.

Sell them. I did it and I still feel pretty awesome.

I'll probably take a picture of my collection and sell off all my original pressings of the LPs. I do enjoy feeling superior to everyone for owning every variant of every Pedro the Lion record, but it's just not worth it if I'm going to listen to these represses exclusively.

Sell them. I did it and I still feel pretty awesome.

Sold my OG pressings a few months before the represses were official. Glad to hear that I made the right decision. Can't wait until these show up. The hard part may be abstaining from listening to them before I go see David play Control on Friday.

If anybody has originals, I'll offer you a fair but less than eBay price for them. I need this stuff to complete the first press collection:

7"s

Pedro the Lion (David Bazan) & Casey Foubert split - "The Poison Makes" b/w "Walk Slow" (Bedside Recordings - x/500 hand-numbered)

Pedro The Lion - "Helicopter" (Red vinyl)

Pedro The Lion - "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" (Green vinyl)

LP's

Pedro the Lion - "It's Hard To Find a Friend" (white)

Pedro the Lion - "Winners Never Quit" (white)

be honest, did you even use google?

http://www.insound.c...zan/P/INS62784/

i guess the point i was trying to make is that it is out of print. i'm sure insound won't be getting more stock. i bought it the day it came out, so i'm not trying to find it. i just always assumed it would stay in print, but i guess barsuk usually doesn't keep stuff in print. if you don't own the album buy from that link ^.

So, i just noticed that curse your branches is out of print. cheapest on amazon is $55. barsuk, bazan, and everywhere else seem to be out of it and the store is out of "it's hard". not sure if that's accurate though.

i guess the point i was trying to make is that it is out of print. i'm sure insound won't be getting more stock. i bought it the day it came out, so i'm not trying to find it. i just always assumed it would stay in print, but i guess barsuk usually doesn't keep stuff in print. if you don't own the album buy from that link ^.

weird. sounds to me like you were saying the cheapest way to find it was amazon at $55 and that "everywhere else" seems to be sold out. just confusing since insound is part of "everywhere else" and they were literally the second google result. you sounded like chicken little, dog.

Does anyone else's "only reason" have a gash in the middle of the b-side? it plays through it fine, so i was wondering if it's part of the press?

That's weird, I just checked mine and yeah. There's a line straight out from the label like someone dragged their fingernail across the record. Plays fine.

Saw David tonight in Salt Lake. Here's the set list. Basically they played half of Control and then had a huge long list of songs that they randomly chose from and played for a while before closing with the second half of the record:

Options

Rapture

Penetration

Indian summer

Progress

Gas and matches

Transcontinental

People

How I remember

Of up and coming monarchs

Eating paper

Bless this mess

When they really get to know you, they will run

Magazine

Rehearsal

Second best

Priests and paramedics

Rejoice

I asked David when the Christmas record is coming out and he said "Uh...not this year? That's about all I can say for sure."

Also of note, he did a little jump kick after Transcontinental and said "My wife gets really embarrassed when I do that. So now I do it every show."

a little bummed not to see anything surprising in the middle setlist on this tour. he kinda teased mind of her own and some headphones songs and i wonder why he's not playing wolves at your door. it's definitely my favorite of his rockin solo stuff. but oh well. cannot wait for this show tomorrow.

a little bummed not to see anything surprising in the middle setlist on this tour.

I don't know... Of up and coming Monarchs is pretty sweet. I don't know if he plays that often but I've never seen him play it.

Also These reissues sound fantastic. I'm listening to Fewer Moving part right now on headphones and it especially sounds amazing.

I was pleased with the set, but I've only seen David twice. Once on the Control tour ages ago which was amazing. And once on the Curse Your Branches Living Room tour, where he mostly played from that album. It was nice to see him play some of the old songs with a "full" band. Disappointed we didn't get Big Trucks.