Pedro The Lion entire Catalogue Repress

tokimedo

yeah. it won't happen. bazan wants to forget it entirely and tooth & nail doesn't want to be associated with it.

i wonder why they posted those teaser pictures

• 4 years later...

I saw Pedro with John Vanderslice at the Glass House in Pomona, CA (dear God it was 13 years ago, I just googled it, what happened with those 13 years of my life, lol) and he played a really, really subdued set. I almost wish it had featured more of his upbeat tracks. It was still memorable though, especially when he asked the audience if they had questions and people launched into a serious Q&A without hesitation. One guy asked "Do you believe the sacred texts are still relevant?" with a straight face and Bazan reciprocated with a sincere and thoughtful answer. Haha.

Edited by richardsurf

13 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

I saw Pedro with John Vanderslice at the Glass House in Pomona, CA (dear God it was 13 years ago, I just googled it, what happened with those 13 years of my life, lol) and he played a really, really subdued set. I almost wish it had featured more of his upbeat tracks. It was still memorable though, especially when he asked the audience if they had questions and people launched into a serious Q&A without hesitation. One guy asked "Do you believe the sacred texts are still relevant?" with a straight face and Bazan reciprocated with a sincere and thoughtful answer. Haha.

He used to do this quite frequently. Back in the day anyhow. And he took the lion's portion of it quite seriously when I saw him field questions. He got a lot of religious queries back then.

18 hours ago, richardsurf said:

I saw them on that tour as well, but John Vanderslice didn't come into Canada, just Pedro at the Horseshoe in Toronto.  I remember it being a great show though. I may go if they swing by here next year.

• 7 months later...

These were apparently repressed on clear vinyl as an indie exclusive, as well as a standard black repress. Out last Friday. I can't seem to find any press release or anything, or any online retailers that carry all of them (not that I need to buy any of these records a 3rd/4th/5th time...) but they're out there.