tokimedo

Pedro The Lion entire Catalogue Repress

yeah. it won't happen. bazan wants to forget it entirely and tooth & nail doesn't want to be associated with it.

i wonder why they posted those teaser pictures

Sorry to bump a thread with a misleading title, but: Bazan's manager mentioned on pedrothelion.org that Epitaph will be reissuing these records again sometime next year. Same masters, just keeping them in print. Maybe they'll do some colors this time, like they did with Jets to Brazil?

On 10/21/2017 at 6:42 PM, youspinmeround said:

You guys know pedro are touring next year.

In dec they play 2 nights each in Portland and Seattle and nye in ad opening for 3eb

I've seen Pedro in a room with less than 50 people and in theaters that hold 500 plus; always a good show.

I love Dave. It would be fun to hear the PTL songs again, but he still plays a hardy portion during Bazan sets. I gues the more Bazan material there is, less PTL songs get played live. So these shows would be exciting to hear some of these beloved songs once more.

I saw Pedro with John Vanderslice at the Glass House in Pomona, CA (dear God it was 13 years ago, I just googled it, what happened with those 13 years of my life, lol) and he played a really, really subdued set. I almost wish it had featured more of his upbeat tracks. It was still memorable though, especially when he asked the audience if they had questions and people launched into a serious Q&A without hesitation. One guy asked "Do you believe the sacred texts are still relevant?" with a straight face and Bazan reciprocated with a sincere and thoughtful answer. Haha.

Edited by richardsurf

13 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

I saw Pedro with John Vanderslice at the Glass House in Pomona, CA (dear God it was 13 years ago, I just googled it, what happened with those 13 years of my life, lol) and he played a really, really subdued set. I almost wish it had featured more of his upbeat tracks. It was still memorable though, especially when he asked the audience if they had questions and people launched into a serious Q&A without hesitation. One guy asked "Do you believe the sacred texts are still relevant?" with a straight face and Bazan reciprocated with a sincere and thoughtful answer. Haha.

He used to do this quite frequently. Back in the day anyhow. And he took the lion's portion of it quite seriously when I saw him field questions. He got a lot of religious queries back then.

18 hours ago, richardsurf said:

I saw them on that tour as well, but John Vanderslice didn't come into Canada, just Pedro at the Horseshoe in Toronto.  I remember it being a great show though. I may go if they swing by here next year.

These were apparently repressed on clear vinyl as an indie exclusive, as well as a standard black repress. Out last Friday. I can't seem to find any press release or anything, or any online retailers that carry all of them (not that I need to buy any of these records a 3rd/4th/5th time...) but they're out there.