Dexter Season 5 Discussion w/ Spoilers

born2bleed

Interesting start. A wee bit slow but understandable. Shit's gonna get real as Quinn starts digging. And c'mon...am I the only who's stoked to see Robocop join the cast?!?!
it's off to an amazing start.

i predicted quinn and deb gettin it in on the first episode of season 3. it was inevitable that they would hook up, but i didn't think it would happen at the scene of a murder, especially at dexter's house.

loved the the impulse/rage kill in the bathroom followed by a mini emotional breakdown.

this could be the beginning of the end for quinn. shit's going to get real intense when he finds trinity's son in the supermarket and ask if he knows this man and is this kyle butler? can't wait for that.

the fbi interview is going to be interesting.

some of the new kills look amazing, not dexter's, but the other murderers. bodies in oil drums, decapitations, cult related killings.

juan you are not the only one who is stoked about robocop. when saw that we said ah shit, robocop! didn't even call him peter weller. he is forever robocop!

i heard julia styles is going to be on this season. love interest, maybe? don't know how i feel about that.

STOKED FOR EVERYTHING GOING TO HAPPEN!

man that kill at the end was nuts. very un-dexter like. i agree with people saying shit's gonna get real when quinn doesn't let go. i hope it doesn't end for him like it ended for doakes. i'm pretty excited for the season...not sure it can top last season though, that was just amazing.

Last night's episode was way depressing. I did enjoy the irony of him telling the kids that their mom was dead while wearing the Mickey Mouse ears.

We've already seen the Quinn story play out in season two with Doakes except that Doakes was an awesome character and Quinn is annoying.

i'm still hoping for julie benz to come back as darla, and sarah michelle gellar and david boreanaz roll into town to help dexter give her what's coming to her. an epic dexter/buffy/angel crossover event! (epic because buffy and angel have been off the air for yeeeears!)

i dont get showtime i download it like an hour after it airs

i'm so fucking sick of Quinn. I was tired of him last season. I'm tired of his face and that whole antagonist schtick bs they keep throwing in like a wrench in the works. It's played out and predictable.

Also, did anyone else "wtf?!" at Deb jumping him? I wonder if that's gonna go anywhere. I certainly wouldn't bang the guy who banged the girl who shot my ex-boyfriend. #justsayin'

That being said...the episode was totes intense.

Wow. That was the most uncomfortable hour of television I've seen in quite some time. Hopefully they come up with some interesting way to kill off Quinn that doesn't just involve Dexter killing him directly. Like how they ended things with Doakes... unexpectedly. Is it me or is Dexter really doing himself a disservice here with the way he's reacting? He's acting totally suspicious, won't talk to Deb about what's going on, he doesn't appear to be visibly greiving (again making himself look suspicious) and avoiding that interview with the FBI? Is he an idiot? If what La Guerta and Angel said about him being at their wedding ceremony during the time she would have been killed is true then he has an alibi. Just tell them that and get them off your back.

Also, just a small complaint about the quality of writing this season and the last. We were shown a flashback of Dexter going on his first date with Rita. Do the current writers remember the Dexter of Seasons 1 and 2? Because that Dexter WOULD NEVER have gone after one of his victim's like he did in that flashback. Attacking him in a parking lot in plain sight? Are you fucking kidding me? Sloppy writing like annoys me. I still love the show but they could try harder...

Because that Dexter WOULD NEVER have gone after one of his victim's like he did in that flashback. Attacking him in a parking lot in plain sight? Are you fucking kidding me?

I also noticed that. Very much out of character for Dexter.

I guess in a way it was almost an allusion at how being with Rita would be (and was) a complication for Dexter's life...especially for the Dark Passenger. Right from their initial meeting/date, Dexter would have to juggle the two lives.

Wow. That was the most uncomfortable hour of television I've seen in quite some time. Hopefully they come up with some interesting way to kill off Quinn that doesn't just involve Dexter killing him directly. Like how they ended things with Doakes... unexpectedly. Is it me or is Dexter really doing himself a disservice here with the way he's reacting? He's acting totally suspicious, won't talk to Deb about what's going on, he doesn't appear to be visibly greiving (again making himself look suspicious) and avoiding that interview with the FBI? Is he an idiot? If what La Guerta and Angel said about him being at their wedding ceremony during the time she would have been killed is true then he has an alibi. Just tell them that and get them off your back.

Also, just a small complaint about the quality of writing this season and the last. We were shown a flashback of Dexter going on his first date with Rita. Do the current writers remember the Dexter of Seasons 1 and 2? Because that Dexter WOULD NEVER have gone after one of his victim's like he did in that flashback. Attacking him in a parking lot in plain sight? Are you fucking kidding me? Sloppy writing like annoys me. I still love the show but they could try harder...

totally feel you on being uncomfortable to watch.....the scene which dexter had to confront the kids about rita's death I couldn't watch...

I saw the deb/quinn hookup coming from a mile away, I just thought they'd get a few episodes in before they actually DID hook up.

great first episode though, can't wait to see how this plays out.

i think he's reacting how dexter would...i.e. like a total moron. he doesn't know how to react; it's clear he had real feelings for rita but doesn't know how to express them or what to do with them ("i'm sorry for your loss" to his/her kids? really?)

that's my take anyway

• 2 weeks later...

I feel they could be writing "sloppy" due to the fact they could be trying to rush into something. I feel they were just trying to get the point across of how Dexter had to juggle Rita and the dark passenger. I was like WTF as well, but figured they're rushing through the first episodes getting "plot thickening" material into the mix. I'm pretty stoked to see where this season goes. Just hope it's not a let down like 3 was.

i like the way they are building this up. he has finally been caught in the act, i've been waiting for that to happen for a while now. i can't wait to see how this unfolds and i'm glad to see julie stiles is not a romantic interest.

also waiting for peter weller (robocop) to come in, i guess he is a private investigator and quinn meeting up with trinity's kid/family and showing them the pic of dexter asking if this is kyle butler. stoked!!!