SETLISTS

vince182

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

old tampa ska setlists and a Lawrence Arms that i didn't know I had.

Lawrence Arms (probably at UCLA, maybe the Troubadour)

[image]

Rugcutters (my favorite lost local band from Tampa circa 96)

[image]

Magadog

[image]

Found this in the same box, my first Warped

[image]

Skavoovie

[image]

Isaac green and the skalars

[image]

Usuals (i dont know why it's showing up sideways, sorry)

[image]

[image]The Murder City Devils (Fun Fun Fun Fest) set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance during Fun Fun Fun Fest (2nd one I believe) November 4th 2007. Located in Waterloo Park in Austin, Texas.

[image]The Murder City Devils (Mohawk) set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at The Mohawk during the first night (Friday I believe) of Fun Fun Fun Fest (2nd one I believe) weekend in Austin Texas November 3rd 2007...this was the Set List Spencer Moody used.

[image]American Steel set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at The Bottletree in Birmingham, Alabama while on tour with The Gaslight Anthem and O Pioneers!!! The same night that Pinback was playing Workplay Theatre in Birmingham, Alabama...not many people showed up for this show...I had a blast anyways. Went to this show alone.

[image]Against Me! 2 set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at Workplay Theatre in Birmingham, AL while on tour with Ted Leo and the Pharmacists and The Future of the Left. Worst crowd I've ever seen for these guys, no movement, everybody seemed far too tame, nobody seemed to be enjoying the show or themselves at this show...I blame the venue's sterile atmosphere. Went to this show alone.

[image]The National set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at The Bottletree in Birmingham, Alabama on September 12th 2007 (Wednesday). They were phenominal live. Thought they might be sort of bland live, but they definitely brought a ton of energy and sounded great.

[image]Menomena set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance somewhere in Austin, TX during South By Southwest 2007. I actually didn't attend this show. My friends Whitman James Dewey-Smith and Jennifer Lorie McMahon picked this up for me.

[image]Lifetime set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance during Fun Fun Fun Fest (2nd one I think) in Waterloo Park in Austin, Texas. I think this was Sunday evening if I remember correctly. They sounded great, everybody was going crazy (including myself). This set-list was the one Dan Yemin was using for this show.

[image]The Most Serene Republic set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at Zydeco in Birmingham, Alabama while on tour with Metric for their record "Live It Out". These guys were seriously incredibly live, one of my all-time favorite performances that I didn't expect. Had never even heard of them before this night. Checked out their recorded material and were severely disapointed....see them live, they're great...wish their recordings held up to their live show. Rode to this show with Daniel Dimitri Droukas and remember Sean McCormack being there with Team Shit in full-effect

[image]Islands set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at The Bottletree in Birmingham, Alabama for their Arms Way tour. Sounded great live, but seemed rather bored to be on stage. Lack of energy and enthusiasm. Rode to this show with Jenny Smith...can't remember who else was there.

[image]The Cave Singers 1 set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at The Bottltree in Birmingham, AL. Can't remember which show this set-list was from...

[image]Metric set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at Zydeco in Birmingham, AL while on tour for the release of their record Live It Out. Incredibly fun live band. So much fun and sounded great. Got on stage and danced like mad for Dead Disco. Pretty sure Emily Haines was hitting on my roomate, Daniel Dimitri Droukas, during the entire set...he was cool with it. Rode to this show with Daniel Dimitri Droukas and remember Sean McCormack being there with Team Shit in full-effect.

[image]Boris set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at The Bottletree in Birmingham, AL while on their U.S. tour for their album Pink. My first Bottletree show, before they had their liquor license, so the shows then were BYOB....so yeah...that night was blurry. They were/are insane live, so much energy, sound amazing. Incredible live show. Rode to this show with Steven Janes...all I remember is some really smelly fat guy with dreadlocks being there...and having to pull over on the ride home for me to puke.

[image]Chuck Ragan set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for his performance at The Wave (rooftop show) in Austin, Texas during South By Southwest 2007. It was during the day time around noon or 1p.m. and free...there were probably 15 people there...I was screaming along to the few songs I knew. At this point he was about half-way through his 7" series. Great show, so low-key, just sat around and talked afterwards...excellent man, excellent show.

[image]Cursive set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List from their performance at The Bottletree in Birmingham, Alabama while on tour for their album Happy Hollow. I can't remember who opened for this show at all for some reason. I think this is the show I rode with Kari Panter and maybe Black Goff to go see?

[image]Hot Rod Circuit set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List from their performance at The Masquerade (Hell) in Atlanta, Georgia while on tour with Northstar and Straylight Run...I think. Talked with Andy for a little bit after the show hence the signature.

[image]Band of Horses set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List from their performance at The Bottletree in Birmingham, Alabama...I can't remember who opened for this show, whoever the opening band was, some of their members played with Ben Bridwell that evening as Band of Horses...he had a fifth of (almost empty) Makers Mark on stage throughout this performance. It was before Cease To Begin had been released.

[image]The Format set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List from their performance at The Bombshelter (I think???) in Birmingham, Alabama, April 26th, 2006. They were touring with Anathallo and June (who were awful) and it was before Dog Problems was released. They were really really really great live. Nate's voice sounds almost perfect live, almost like a recording...sounds like he doesn't have to try at all. I rode to this show with Jenny Smith and met up with Lauren Gist and Meaghan Till, I know Casey Ann Meador and Jayme Barkdoll were there as well.

[image]Converge set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at Cave 9 In Birmingham, Alabama while touring for No Heroes album. Openers were Kylsesa and Some Girls...I went crazy for Some Girls, nobody else seemed to dig them at all though. Converge (as always) were insane live, give 110% every single show they play. Sound incredible, no bull-shit attitudes. One of my all-time favorite shows. Attended this show by myself, then drove to Auburn immediately afterwards. I know Tobi Meinel and Mike Parsons were at the show, but I didn't know either of them at the time.

[image]Tapes 'n Tapes set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List from their performance at The Bottletree in Birmingham, Alabama while on tour for their album The Loon. They were fun live, brought some energy for sure. This was their first time ever visiting the state of Alabama...and also their first performance in the state of Alabama. Rode to this show with Meghan Till and met up with Elena Konovalova and Ben Joseph.

[image]Pretty Girls Make Graves set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List from their performance at The Capital Hill Block Party July 28th 2006 in Seattle, Washington. My first and only time in Seattle, I was all alone, knew nobody else there at all...had a blast. They were great live, tons of energy, and super great sounding.

[image]Youth Group set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List from their performance at Workplay Theatre in Birmingham, Alabama March 15th 2006 opening for Matt Pond PA. These guys sounded great live, not the most energy I've ever seen in a live show, but they sounded phenominal...I was really bummed that the only merch they had was a single Red shirt size XL. Rode to this show with Daniel Dimitri Droukas and met up with Rachael Walker and Josh Matthews at the show.

[image]Criteria set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List from their performance at Cave 9 in Birmingham, AL January 26th 2006. I can't remember who opened for them. These guys were great live, sounded amazing...really nice guys as well, talked with them about their recordings after the show.

[image]Iron & Wine set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List from their performance at The High Note (originally scheduled for Zydeco, but moved a day or two before the show) in Birmingham, Alabama April 26th 2005. Opener was a then unknown band with no physical recordings called Horses...later to be known as Band of Horses. Both bands/artists killed it live. At some point Sam broke a string on his guitar and said "Fuck It" and kept playing. He also made mention towards the end of the set "You guys know every damn one of these songs". Met Sam afterwards and he was extremely gracious and kind. Rode to this show with Daniel Dimitri Droukas and met up with Fred Mitchel at the show.

[image]Ben Kweller set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for his/their performance at Workplay Theatre in Birmingham, Alabama August 13th 2007. He/They also performed his/their song "Things I Like To Do" for the first time ever live during this show (not on the set-list obviously) also did a verse or two of Garth Brook's song "Friends In Low Places". Played "Wasted and Ready" as well...I feel like this set-list was just kind of a list of songs he might want to play that evening. Super Super Super fun show. Great performance and sounded great. He also asked my girlfriend and I how we were enjoying the show mid-song while playing piano. Casey Ann Meador and I went to this show together

[image]Minus the Bear set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at The Bottletree in Birmingham, Alabama. P.O.S. opened for them, that was a really great performance as well. This was inbetween Menos El Oso and Planet of Ice albums by Minus the Bear. They sounded great, as they always do.

[image]Blood Brothers set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at Cave 9 in Birmingham, Alabama. Big Business opened for them, I was blown away by Big Business, they killed it...actually thought they were better than Blood Brothers this show. This is while Blood Brothers were on tour for their album Crimes...as noted by the set-list completely comprised of songs from that album with the only exception being "Ambulance"...they played no encore at all. It was a fun show though, just wished they had mixed up their set-list with some older songs as well. Rode to this show with Christian James Guarin.

[image]Against Me! 1 set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at Cave 9 in Birmingham, Alabama. I think this was during the Fat-Wreck tour with Epoxies and Smoke and Fire. Not the Cave 9 performance that appears on their DVD "We're Never Going Home", this was after that show. They played more than this, did a small encore, don't remember what else they played though. I remember it was literally freezing outside after this show and I was covered in sweat and scared I would get sick or my shirt would start to freeze. This was yet another show I attended by myself.

[image]Mellowdrone set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at The Nick in Birmingham, Alabama October 3rd 2006. Not many people showed up that night...was quite a bummer, the band seemed bummed out because of that. They were on tour for their album Box". I rode with Daniel Dimitri Droukas and Jenny Smith and Christina Venezia to this show. Mellowdrone played great, and put on a great performance. We hungout with Tony and Jon before and after the show, Jon gave us full free reign over their merch since nobody showed up and they expected zero sales...We took some stuff, I stuffed a 20 dollar bill down in their merch after Jon refused to take the money. It was a really really really fun evening.

[image]Matt Pond PA set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at Workplay Theatre in Birmingham, Alabama March 15th 2006. Australian band Youth Group opened the show that night. Matt Pond PA were touring on the release of their album Several Arrows Later. Matt Pond was bummed because all of his equipment had recently been stolen, so he was playing all fresh gear because he had insurence on all of his stolen gear apparently. They sounded great live. Fun performance. I rode to the show with Daniel Dimitri Droukas and met up with Rachael Walker and Josh Matthews at the show.

[image]Mogwai set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at Workplay Theatre in Birmingham, Alabama April 22nd 2009. Fellow Scotland band The Twilight Sad opened the show for them...they put on a killer performance. Mogwai was everything I thought they would be live...loud as hell, incredibly tight super energetic.

[image]The Twilight Sad set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at Workplay Theatre in Birmingham, Alabama April 22nd 2009. Opening for Mogwai. Incredibly energetic set..they killed it live.

[image]Melvins set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their perfomance at The Bottletree in Birmingham, Alabama while on tour with Big Business opening and performing with them. Hell of a night, great great great show. I'm pretty sure I went to this show by myself.

[image]The Cave Singers 2 set-list by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for their performance at The Bottletree in Birmingham, Alabama...I can't remember which show set list goes to...

[image]Black Keys set-list 4-29-10 by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

The Black Keys set-list from The Rogue Tavern in Birmingham, Alabama April 29th 2010. This was a private performance for The Coalition of Independent Record Store Owners...so the owners of your favorite Record Stores were there...ask 'em about it...show was great.

[image]The Hold Steady set-list 9-25-10 by ChrisBirdwell, on Flickr

Set List for The Hold Steady's performance at Workplay Theater in Birmingham, Alabama Saturday September 25th 2010. Super Super fun show, great live band. Unfortunately busted my phone during the last song of their encore (Stay Positive)...

I have a bunch (from working at a venue) that aren't even worth posting, such as:

Everclear, Staind, One Republic, Rihanna, Maroon 5, Jimmy Buffet, John Mayer, Iron Maiden, OAR, The Police, John Mayer, Def Leppard, Styx, Korn, OKgo, Stone Sour, Kelly Clarkson and a few others.

Also had: Radiohead, Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato, Linkin Park and Aerosmith.. but sold them on eBay for a couple bucks each.

Ones that I got from going to shows (will post later), The Loved Ones, Green Day (x2), Blink 182, No Use For A Name, and a couple more.

I have a bunch (from working at a venue) that aren't even worth posting, such as:

Everclear, Staind, One Republic, Rihanna, Maroon 5, Jimmy Buffet, John Mayer, Iron Maiden, OAR, The Police, John Mayer, Def Leppard, Styx, Korn, OKgo, Stone Sour, Kelly Clarkson and a few others.

Also had: Radiohead, Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato, Linkin Park and Aerosmith.. but sold them on eBay for a couple bucks each.

Ones that I got from going to shows (will post later), The Loved Ones, Green Day (x2), Blink 182, No Use For A Name, and a couple more.

What year is the Blink 182 one from? would you be willing to sell it?

It amazes me that some bands have to write down what key each song is in. Is it really that hard to know what you're doing when you're playing the same songs nightly for years?

Band of Horses used to have the chord progression of each song actually written out beside their songs on their set-list. either me or one of my friends took a picture of that the same night that my Iron & Wine set-list is from

I have a ton but I'm too lazy to take pictures, so here are one that are already on my macbook.

[image]

My Bloody Valentine - 04/17/09- The El Rey/Los Angeles (Coachella Rehearsal/Secret Show)

MOST JEALOUS.

On an only somewhat-related note, I mostly think it's silly when bands have printed out setlists. But that mostly applies to punk bands, I guess.

[image]

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - 2 nights @ The Paramount in Charlottesville, VA. I worked both shows. I've got the setlists, my crew passes, a drumstick, and one of Ryan's picks from the show. I need to get it all framed with the bad ass posters from them.

[image]

The other Ryan Adams & The Cardinals show I worked in Cville, two years prior to the above. Lots of Grateful Dead covers.

[image]

Brand New. Free show for UVA's Spring Fest in 2006. First time they played Yeah live. They sound checked with some of the Fight Off Your Demons demos.

[image]

The Early November

[image]

Ace Enders last July in Washington, DC

[image]

Cursive. Saw them in Boise, ID on a day off from tour. It was the Planes Mistaken For Stars/Cursive/Against Me!/Mastodon tour. Holy shit

[image]

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club in Charlottesville, VA opening for Kings Of Leon. Needless to say, BRMC destroyed KoL.

[image]

Hidden In Plain View

[image]

Warped Tour 08. The year I was working on it for 3 weeks. I saw Jack's so many times.

[image]

Jeremy Enigk opening for Cursive in Charlottesville, VA on my birthday in 2006

[image]

The Rapture. Fun as hell

• 3 months later...
[image]

holy shit, I was at that, and I got one of the other setlists! The wife and I are 7 for 7 in terms of setlists at Gaslight shows.

Hell, we've probably seen each other at a show and just haven't known it.

But yeah, I've got about 74 setlists, most of which are lining our hallway in the apartment. I'll post pics of individual ones later. TO BED!

[image]

I remember leaving to visit my buddy at UVA and I think it was either snowing or torrential downpour which made me not want to drive two+ hours in that mess, so I didn't go. Once the weekend passed, I then received word from him that Brand New had played a free show. I could've killed someone.

I'm assuming you went to UVA?

I got to see MTB and P.o.S. at the starr hill music hall/brewery back in '06, and that was awesome. I almost passed out driving back home because I was so tired, but I stuck my head out the window like a dog and that kept me awake enough to make it home. Good times.