Official VC Chicago Thread

not sure if there are any shows then, justin would be better to ask.

best way to get from o'hare to n michigan ave is probably the blue line, but depending on where your hotel is you might have to transfer to the red line or take a bus. chances are you will be able to walk, and you'll want to because it will be nice out.

some advice: buy a CTA pass for that weekend, they sell 3-day and 5-day passes that are really worth it if you don't plan on taking taxis all over.

what kind of food are you looking to try?

Sweet, thanks for the tips.

Me and the wife enjoy pretty much all kinds of food. She's a little more particular than me. She doesn't eat mammals (read poultry and fish only) I'm a little more exploratory as long as it's delicious.

As long as it isn't too greasy it's all good.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if there are any shows then, justin would be better to ask.

best way to get from o'hare to n michigan ave is probably the blue line, but depending on where your hotel is you might have to transfer to the red line or take a bus. chances are you will be able to walk, and you'll want to because it will be nice out.

some advice: buy a CTA pass for that weekend, they sell 3-day and 5-day passes that are really worth it if you don't plan on taking taxis all over.

what kind of food are you looking to try?

Sweet, thanks for the tips.

Me and the wife enjoy pretty much all kinds of food. She's a little more particular than me. She doesn't eat mammals (read poultry and fish only) I'm a little more exploratory as long as it's delicious.

As long as it isn't too greasy it's all good

well, this goes against the whole "isn't to greasy" bit but try harold's fried chicken. best i've ever had. they have fried mac and cheese, pickles, etc. so good.

if you want african food, go to demera ethiopean restaurant at broadway and lawrence by the lawrence red line stop. afterwards you could go to the green mill inn. ras dashen is pretty great too and has taken off in popularity lately. there is a kyrgyz place at 5067 north lincoln called jibek jolu. apparently it's good, but i've never tried it personally. i really would like to though.

go to the green mill anyway as it's a historical building. It was a speakeasy that Al Capone owned during prohibition, there is actually a (now bricked up) tunnel behind a trap door below the bar that led a 1/2 mile away(that ran under a cemetery to another building that he owned that was his escape route in the even of a raid. fascinating stuff...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Me and my friend will be in Chicago from August 18-21. I know it's kind of early for shows, but is there any shows happening while we're there? So far, there's Blink 182 playing on the 22nd which we'll probably go. What are some good places to eat? I already have Kuma's Corner on my list.. anything else I need to see while we're there??

oh also, were going to see a Cubs game, what are the good websites to get tickets from? cause i've heard some story's about ticketsnow.com (i think) that they were not able to attend the game cause someone else had bought the ''real tickets number'' so they were not able to see the game..

thanks in advance for any help !

oh also, were going to see a Cubs game, what are the good websites to get tickets from? cause i've heard some story's about ticketsnow.com (i think) that they were not able to attend the game cause someone else had bought the ''real tickets number'' so they were not able to see the game..

thanks in advance for any help !

I've never had a problem buying baseball tix from StubHub. Note that the Cubs are playing the Cards that weekend, so tix will cost a little more. The Sox are in town that weekend as well, so you could see one of each, if you wanted.