What Test Presses do you own?

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd posted in here before but I don't think I have.

7"

Barry, Tim/Turner, Frank - (2009) Split - Suburban Home Records - Test - #2/3 - Red

Black Market Sound System - (2011) Black Market Sound System - May Cause Dizziness Records - Test - 10 - Black

H2O - (1996) Can't Get Off the Phone - Orphaned Records - Test - Black

H2O - (2011) Someday I Suppose - Bridge Nine Records - Test - #17/20 - Black

Hause, Dave - (2012) II: Pray for Tuscon - Bridge Nine Records - Test - #16/20 - Black

Ragan, Chuck/Loved Ones, The - (2008) Give and Take - Ten Four Records - Test - 5 - Black

Street Dogs - (2012) GOP - Pirates Press Records - Test - Clear Red

10"

Loved Ones, The - (2005) The Loved Ones - Chunksaah Records - Test - 5 - Black

12"

A Wilhelm Scream - (2009) A Wilhelm Scream - Paper + Plastick - Test - Black

H2O - (1996) H2O - Bridge Nine Records - 2nd Test - #8/20 - Black

Pentimento - (2012) Pentimento - Coffeebreath and Heartache - Test -#11/20 - Black

• 5 weeks later...

So on rsd for every $25 you spent you got to grab something off of this table free most of it was junk but they had some records and I was one of the first ones out so I pretty much had first pick, but they had some records that were in plain white sleeves and sealed, so I just randomly got those, one ended up being a black flag album and the other one was letlive. I'm not sure if they're test presses or not though. Do test presses sometimes have the finished center label?

So on rsd for every $25 you spent you got to grab something off of this table free most of it was junk but they had some records and I was one of the first ones out so I pretty much had first pick, but they had some records that were in plain white sleeves and sealed, so I just randomly got those, one ended up being a black flag album and the other one was letlive. I'm not sure if they're test presses or not though. Do test presses sometimes have the finished center label?

No they don't. And they aren't ever sealed.

how do you guys even get test presses? it baffles me, I've contacted a few labels. none responded except for one which asked which one i had in mind and then when i told them i never got a response lol.

to contribute to the thread i did buy these off of some small bands/labels and they do not disappoint

Dealbreaker - Pissed | Test Press | /5

Braided Veins - Future/Forever | Test Press | 20/30 | Hand Numbered

I won a test pressing of Conor Oberst's Hundreds of Ways/Fast Friends 7" which takes me up to four test presses.

Sebadoh - Defend Yourself

Helvetia/Built to Spill - Spooky Action at the Sufferbus 7"flexi

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Conor Oberst - Hundreds of Ways 7"

Broken Bells - After The Disco

I don't remember the last time I posted in here but here's my updated list of test presses. I've never contacted a label for a test press. I've gotten all of mine from finds at shops. 2 of the tests were records that my bands put out.

Blink-182 - Enema of the State - LP
Boris - Vein (Rock Version) - LP
Crusties - Don’t You Think - 7" Single
De La Soul - 3 Feet and Rising - Double LP
Descendents - Liveage - LP
The Monkees - Head - LP
New Monkees - New Monkees - LP
Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Belong - LP
The Perverts - Bop Yer Baloney - LP
Prince - Controversy - LP
Prince - Dirty Mind - LP
Quan and the Chinese Take-Outs - Poorman Street/Crazy Pills - 7" Single
Ramones - Leave Home - LP
Ramones - Ramones - LP
Ramones - Rocket to Russia - LP
Rush - Vapor Trails Remixed - Double LP
Slowdive - Holding Our Breath e.p. - 12" Single
Stereolab - Peng! - LP
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry - LP
Why Bother? - This Isn't Very Good - 12" Single

I totally spaced it on my list for some reason, but I've got a test press of this album too. I won mine from Soundstage Direct. How'd you get yours?

I got it from buying the album from a store near me, Looney Tunes. They had a contest that buying the LP entered you in to win the test press and I won. Broken Bells has become one of my favorite bands since they came out so I'm so glad to have this one.