What Test Presses do you own?

What is the absolute most you've spent on a Test Pressing?

I've got my eyes on a RATHER PRICEY Shpongle Test Press and I'm trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger...

Also, it's a test press for a release that never made the light of day!

This is an interesting peril to be in: expensive test of a favorite band - but also never released though.... I would say do it!

What is the absolute most you've spent on a Test Pressing?

I've got my eyes on a RATHER PRICEY Shpongle Test Press and I'm trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger...

Also, it's a test press for a release that never made the light of day!

Thats got to be the pinacle of a vinyl collection.....Test Press of an album that never got released.....that would be awesome to own

I pulled the trigger!

Just to be clear, the release was not a full album, but was a planned limited release 10" Picture disc that never got made.

The test press itself is NOT a picture disc. It's an of/10 as well.

This is the release: http://www.discogs.com/Shpongle-Invisible-Man-In-A-Fluorescent-Suit-Nothing-Is-Something-Worth-Doing/release/2346953

I think that is a good decision, now the question remains: how much?, bum bum buuuum...

Want that perma...

Sadly, there's nothing too fancy about it. It's literally just a black LP in a paper sleeve. No jacket. No album name. No nothing. Whoever did the release was a lazy butthole. They could have at least written "Perma" on it or something.

I was thinking of getting a custom jacket made for it. Maybe something drawn by Sherri & Max? Neither of them have an email listed so I don't know how to go about asking besides tweeting at them which hasn't worked.

12"
Child Bite - Vision Crimes / Monomania
DJ Kool - Let Me Clear My Throat (2004 Bronxtale Remixes)
AIR - 
Le Soleil Est Près De Moi
Macy Gray - Sexual Revolution (Subliminal Mixes)
Kishi Bashi - 151a

7"
Trashmen, The - Surfin' Bird
Kishi Bashi - Philosophize In It! Chemicalize With It!
Kishi Bashi - Manchester
Kishi Bashi - Bright Whites
Kishi Bashi - It All Began With A Burst

Flexi
Kishi Bashi - Holiday SnowFlexi
Fang Island - Starquake
Birthmark - Suit Of Armor
Rob Crow - Per-Flexed
Monotonix - Now
Of Montreal - Domestic Drummer
Son Lux - Black Waters
Sea And Cake, The - Flores
Mike Adams At His Honest Weight - Not No More

^ nice, I tried reaching out to some friends at SXSW at the time but the tests sold out by the time they saw my message. 

I only have the one so far of a relatively unknown band (The Longshots S/T acquired on RSD) but it must've been what I needed to get things going because I now have a copy of Moonhearts' S/T and a compilation featuring tracks from the likes of White Fence, Moonhearts and some Burger bands on the way (scored for $10 from discogs) so I'm pretty psyched. 

^ nice, I tried reaching out to some friends at SXSW at the time but the tests sold out by the time they saw my message. 

I only have the one so far of a relatively unknown band (The Longshots S/T acquired on RSD) but it must've been what I needed to get things going because I now have a copy of Moonhearts' S/T and a compilation featuring tracks from the likes of White Fence, Moonhearts and some Burger bands on the way (scored for $10 from discogs) so I'm pretty psyched. 

Cool ! What compilation are you talking about?

Just added an amazing album to my collection. I got a test press for Built to Spill's You in Reverse! I was super happy to get it.

Here's the list now.

Built to Spill - You in Reverse

Sebadoh - Defend Yourself

Helvetia/Built to Spill - Spooky Action at the Sufferbus 7"flexi

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Conor Oberst - Hundreds of Ways 7"

Broken Bells - After The Disco

Man that's a rad score! Nice one!