What Test Presses do you own?

ya travis has all those of course, I would be shocked if he sold them (unless he was given extras...)

ill try and find flood and no idea on here

flood is on here or you can find his info via asbestos records website.

it would be best to reach out to no idea on their site since i don't know how often Var goes on here.

You mean just yours, or would you take requests? let's see what covers you've already created- i'd love to see what you've done!

I'm still working out the processes to a degree, but I used my Senior Portfolio to begin exploring product design for records I have without jackets.

Can't figure out how to spoiler a pic dump, so I guess I'll just post my tumblr. The initial stuff is me focusing on learning the screen printing processes currently, but some covers are after that: http://dustindonovan.tumblr.com/

I've had this conversation before where I've considered offering my services to make original jackets, but it also delves into a legal grey area since it's kind of riding on the backs of others' brands without their permission, necessarily. Really I'd love to just do a whole cover series for the Decibel flexi series if I could do so without worrying about possible legal recourse. But, anyway, that's where I am with that currently in mindset (ie unsure). I wouldn't mind hearing others' opinions on the matter.

I've considered offering my services to make original jackets, but it also delves into a legal grey area since it's kind of riding on the backs of others' brands without their permission, necessarily. 

I've seen this same thing come up before. But at what point does Fair Use kick in?

If the artwork for the jacket was original or different art than the OG press of whichever release?

It is truly a grey area...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

That's exactly why I'm in the unsure area. I'm a young, not at all wealthy artist/illustrator. If I was given a cease and desist letter, I'd pretty much have to follow it, just because I know I don't have the money to fight it legally even if I could win. That being said, if you do happen to like my work and wish to commission anything, I could always ask the band and label/rights holders for permission. Just PM me and I'm open to discussion.

That's exactly why I'm in the unsure area. I'm a young, not at all wealthy artist/illustrator. If I was given a cease and desist letter, I'd pretty much have to follow it, just because I know I don't have the money to fight it legally even if I could win. That being said, if you do happen to like my work and wish to commission anything, I could always ask the band and label/rights holders for permission. Just PM me and I'm open to discussion.

Hell, would it be illegal for you to make art and give it away for free? Could you sell something innocuous and offer a screen print for free with purchase? lol

I keep it pretty local.  

Damo Suzuki - Seven Potatoes live in Nanaimo signed test on orange.

The Courtneys - s/t test on blue.

Jung People - Gold Bristle 

Top Men - Gentleman's Techno: an observation in Discotheque Clubbe Musics...

The New Colors - escape/silver-lining 7"

The New Colors/Moths&Locusts - split 7"

Raw War - Population Control 7" ep 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

heres what ive been able to get so far...

7"

The Horrible Crowes - Ladykiller - /4

Tim Barry/Frank Turner - Split - 3/3

Various Artists - Anchorless Records 4 Way Split Volume 1 - 6/15

12"

Cooter - Looking Up - /8

Have Nots - Proud

How Dare You - The King, the Clown, the Colonel - 10/20

Kid Dynamite - Cheap Shots, Youth Anthems

Landmines - Commerce and Marx

Mike Hale - Lives Like Mine - 13/15

Plow United - Narcolepsy -  /15 reissue

Plow United - Sleepwalk: A Retrospective 2LP - /20

Sack - Get Wrecked - /10

Shores - Coup de Grace - 1/20

The Horrible Crowes - Elsie

The Horrible Crowes - Live at The Troubadour 2LP

This Charming Man - Every Little Secret - 17/20

Tim Barry - 28th and Stonewall - 4 and 16/20

Tim Barry - Laurel St Demos - 4/5

Tim Barry - Manchester - 7/10

Tim Barry - Rivanna Junction - /4

Tim Barry - Rivanna Junction - 20 second press, white

Various Artists - Carry the Torch: A Tribute to Kid Dynamite 2LP - 16/20

this is what i got over the past few years. when i started collecting records i passed on tests thinking expenses would get too crazy- well, you know..

7''-10'' TEST PRESSINGS

Adobe Homes - Piñata 8'' - Black Vinyl, single-sided, etched B-side, Testpress size is 12'' - /6/500
Adobe Homes - Ristra 10'' - Black Vinyl, handwritten Label - /6/300
Beau Navire/ Carrion Spring/ Te Lloraría Un Puto Río/ The Discord Of A Forgotten Sketch - Split 8'' - Black Vinyl, handwritten Label, Testpress size is 10'' - 14/14
Cerce - Cerce - Black Vinyl in Dustsleeve, Sticker on Plastic Sleeve
Phoenix Bodies - Cobra Commander 2008 - Black Vinyl w/ big 45 hole in Picture-Sleeve - 6/150
Phoenix Bodies/ Tyranny Of Shaw - Split - Black Vinyl, big 45 hole, hand-stamped Cover - /15
Jeromes Dream/ Usurp Synapse - An Aspirin, An X-Ray - Black Vinyl in white Sleeve that says "JD" on one side. US Side is crossed by a deep rill. - /5?
La Quiete/ Phoenix Bodies - Split - Black Vinyl w/ big 45 hole in Envelope w/ Picture, sold during LQ US-Tour - /150/1150
Me And Goliath/ Grave, Shovel… Let's Go! - Split - Black Vinyl, Red Cover, Rejected Test Press - 2/3
Neil Perry/ Usurp Synapse - The Chilling Tales Of Usurp Synapse As Told By Neil Perry - Black Vinyl with Erika Records Test Label
Raein/ Phoenix Bodies - Split - Black Vinyl, big 45 hole, hand-stamped Cover - /12
Sneeze - Grandma In The Trenches - Black Vinyl, big 45 hole, handwritten Label, alternative Cover w/ Lyrics - 1/8/300

12'' TEST PRESSINGS    

Ampere/ Sinaloa - Split - Black Vinyl with Blank Labels in regular Sleeve
The Arrogant Sons Of Bitches - Three Cheers For Disappointment - Black Vinyl in Innersleeve - /5/600
Assfactor 4 - Sports - Black Vinyl in Innersleeve, Sticker on Plastic Sleeve    
Banner Pilot - Pass The Poison - Gray marbled Vinyl, Blank Sleeve w/ Hole ("KOD-36"), stamped Innersleeve    
Belle Epoque - A La Dérive - Black Vinyl in Blank Sleeve within yellow screened regular Sleeve - /5
Bomb The Music Industry!! - Get Warmer - Black Vinyl in Innersleeve, Remastered Version - 7/10
Carrion Spring - A Short History Of Decay - Black Vinyl, handwritten Label - 3/5/300
Chestnut Road - Chestnut Road - Black Vinyl, hadwritten label says " ATOM066 …. that's numberwang!!" - /10
Circle Takes The Square - Decompositions: Volume Number One - 2x12'', 150g Translucent Turquoise with blue Splatter (Dust Sleeve is autographed by Bandmembers)/ Translucent Orange with red Splatter (Solar/Lunar) Vinyl, Red Blank Covers, Bookmark embedded w/ pieces of Audio Tape of the Album #57/107 - /65
Coping - Nope - Black Vinyl in individually Screened Chipboard Sleeve, Record Release/ Last Show Version - /105    
Deers!/ ColorChromatic/ Animal Lover/ мища/ Pansori - 5-way-Split - Black Vinyl, handwritten Label says "BEAR 19 TEST" - 5/7
Fire Team Charlie - Discography - Black Vinyl, handwritten Label - 3/5
Japanische Kampfhörspiele - Hardcore Aus Der Ersten Welt - Black Vinyl in Screened Cardboard Sleeve - 8/10/500
Lord Snow - Solitude - Black Vinyl in Dustsleeve - 3/12
Neil Perry/ Joshua Fit For Battle - Brothers From Different Mothers - Black Vinyl in Dustsleeve that says "LP 13"
Ordination Of Aaron - Discography - 2x Black Vinyl in Innersleeves, three-sided, Etching on D-Side - /5/1000
Spraynard - The Mark, Tom and Patrick Show - Acetate, Dustsleeve stamped by Lucky Lacquers, has "AM211" written onto - /1/500
Tragedy - Darker Days Ahead - Tour Test Press - /300
Venetian Snares - Hospitality - Black Vinyl in Dustsleeve that says "ZIQ 140 T.P MINT" - /10
Venetian Snares - My So-Called Life - Black Vinyl in blank Sleeve that says "TIMESIG 001LP MINT 1 of 9 TP" - 1/9
Wavelets - Athaletics - Black Vinyl, blank Label, in regular Sleeve with extra screened Test-Cover - /34/500
We Came Out Like Tigers - Agelessness And Lack - Black Vinyl in Red Screened Mailer - /25
We Came Out Like Tigers - Ever-Crushed At Pecket's Well - Black Vinyl with Test Cover - 3/10

Casey Crescenzo - Amour & Attrition (79/100)

The Dear Hunter - Act I (/5)

The Dear Hunter - Act II ( /5)

The Dear Hunter - Color Spectrum Sampler (/5)

RX Bandits - Progress (/24)

RX Bandits - V.I.P.E.P. (Flexi Test Press /5?)
The Sound of Animals Fighting - Lover, The Lord Has Left Us (3/25)

The Sound of Animals Fighting - Tiger and the Duke (1/25)

On PO still

Damascus - Heights (/10)

The Arrogant Sons Of Bitches - Three Cheers For Disappointment - Black Vinyl in Innersleeve - /5/600

Wow. I didn't know it was possible to be this jealous of a test pressing. In all honesty though I'd kill for any copy of this album.

On a side note I had a moment of stupidity and went for the E!E! (IWALE) - In Which the Choices We Make... test press that BWM put up on ebay last week and won it. I think it was because the new album preorder dropped the day before, and I was still super excited. I need to be better with my money.