I Didn't Get My Autograph WWWAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I miss this thread?

Totally confused as to why people want an autograph from someone they have never met, why they paid more for it, and why their girlfriends will be impressed that they bought them 1 of 1000 pieces of paper that some guy signed.

Better question. Why do you care? Do people who get autographs really bother you that much? Is it all autographs or just people the collector has never met? Are you saying that getting my fiance one of her favorite albums of all-time signed is a bad present because she's never met the guy?

I genuinely don't understand the hate on autograph-seekers who are complaining because they paid for something that was supposed to be autographed but won't be. I mean there are people who pay 10,000x what a video game is worth because it's in its original box. There are people who pay thousands of dollars for sports cards that have a tiny patch of an item used in a game in the card. In other words, there are plenty of other way-more-retarded things people collect. Why aren't you out there rallying against them?

Oh yeah cause they're not here. So let's laugh at the people who are getting taken for a ride by false advertisement.

Think I'll head over to the "Terrible Traders" thread and laugh my ass off at all the people who have gotten ripped off on this and similar forums.

I mean, I can look at them smugly and say, "Well I've never been ripped off by a complete stranger on the internet. HAHAHA!!! You stupid bastards why would you trust someone on the interwebs."

Totally confused as to why people want an autograph from someone they have never met, why they paid more for it, and why their girlfriends will be impressed that they bought them 1 of 1000 pieces of paper that some guy signed.

Better question. Why do you care? Do people who get autographs really bother you that much? Is it all autographs or just people the collector has never met? Are you saying that getting my fiance one of her favorite albums of all-time signed is a bad present because she's never met the guy?

I genuinely don't understand the hate on autograph-seekers who are complaining because they paid for something that was supposed to be autographed but won't be. I mean there are people who pay 10,000x what a video game is worth because it's in its original box. There are people who pay thousands of dollars for sports cards that have a tiny patch of an item used in a game in the card. In other words, there are plenty of other way-more-retarded things people collect. Why aren't you out there rallying against them?

Oh yeah cause they're not here. So let's laugh at the people who are getting taken for a ride by false advertisement.

Think I'll head over to the "Terrible Traders" thread and laugh my ass off at all the people who have gotten ripped off on this and similar forums.

I mean, I can look at them smugly and say, "Well I've never been ripped off by a complete stranger on the internet. HAHAHA!!! You stupid bastards why would you trust someone on the interwebs."

i don't understand why you care enough that other people don't care about autographs to write a several paragraph rant.

care, care, careity care care!

This is my problem. You're looking at records like baseball cards, and that bums me out. I hate to be that guy, but there's music on these things, and when you get into such a collector's mindset that you get legitimately upset that something you bought isn't autographed, I feel like you're forgetting that. It sounds to me like this record has been out of print for a long time, and a lot of people were excited just to get a copy at all, because they like the music on it and want to play it on their record player.

The bad sellers/traders thread is full of terrible stories of people getting cheated out of huge amounts of money, falsified paypal claims, scam artists, and shady amoral people. this thread, however, is about this:

[image]

LOLOL.

I've never cared about autographs (other than the Fred Penner autograph I got from when I was 5) and I would never pay more for an autograph, but I understand where they're coming from.

They paid more for the autograph and didn't get it. Wouldn't you be pissed if you paid for something and didn't get it, no matter how trivial it is?

I've never cared about autographs (other than the Fred Penner autograph I got from when I was 5) and I would never pay more for an autograph, but I understand where they're coming from.

They paid more for the autograph and didn't get it. Wouldn't you be pissed if you paid for something and didn't get it, no matter how trivial it is?

trivial: of little worth or importance

I would not be upset if something was trivial, because it is of little value and not important.

probably not something this trivial. priorities. starving children in africa, etc.

I would not be upset if something was trivial, because it is of little value and not important.

Trivial or not, who cares? They paid for something and didn't get it. Paula I looked at your list and saw that you collect variants of records. Lets say you ordered 2 or 3 different colors of a record and instead they send you all the same color. You wouldn't care?

Trivial or not, who cares? They paid for something and didn't get it. Paula I looked at your list and saw that you collect variants of records. Lets say you ordered 2 or 3 different colors of a record and instead they send you all the same color. You wouldn't care?

Would depend on my mood. I'd probably just look to trade the duplicates.

I've never even heard of this band.

Dave,

you're not alone. Either that or we're both THAT out of touch with music in 2010...but considering it's a band offering autographs as an incentive...probably not really anything we need to be aware of.

either fortunately or unfortunately (probably the later) I have feeling we are a bit out of touch with popular 2010 music. We're both getting old, and I think we have similar musical taste. A lot of the bands people talk about on here, I have never heard of before I joined the board.

For me is simply to have both the original copy and the reissue of this: the fact of having it signed is a further satisfaction, obviously after just having this album (which is one of my favorites) in two different copies. Moreover, i collect Jacks' Mannequin and Something Corporate rare stuff, and honestly, i only care of autographs on vinyl/CDs or related to, don't like collecting them separately.

This is my problem. You're looking at records like baseball cards, and that bums me out. I hate to be that guy, but there's music on these things, and when you get into such a collector's mindset that you get legitimately upset that something you bought isn't autographed, I feel like you're forgetting that. It sounds to me like this record has been out of print for a long time, and a lot of people were excited just to get a copy at all, because they like the music on it and want to play it on their record player.

I appreciate your levelheaded argument here.

But how is being excited about an autograph different from wanting every color variant? Or a test press? That's certainly not all about the music right?

Would you be upset if you ordered a record of a certain color and limited variety and were sent a different one that's more common and isn't worth as much? You personally may not but I doubt you would be calling people out for feeling cheated? Even if the autograph doesn't make the record more valuable that doesn't mean the personal value isn't the same. Personally I think it's beyond retarded to want a test pressing just to have a copy of a record that is all black, no cover art, lyric sheet, just the name of the album written in sharpie on it. I personally think that's stupid but you would never see me saying it on here but for the case of this argument.