PO: Underoath - Ø (Disambiguation) 10"

• 11 years later...

https://nft.revolvermag.com/moment/disambiguationvinylbundle

Fuck Revolver. Fuck NFTs. Fuck this overpriced bullshit. Fuck the band for promoting it as if it's a good thing. They can do better. Be loud about this shit and give them shit for doing it if you want to see change. Above all don't give them your money.

Edited by N8TRU

15 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Fuck Revolver. Fuck NFTs. Fuck this overpriced bullshit. Fuck the band for promoting it as if it's a good thing. They can do better. Be loud about this shit and give them shit for doing it if you want to see change. Above all don't give them your money.

I get the sentiment, but absolutely not gonna happen. They’ve sold out of every UO record they’ve put out bc it’s only about 550 records. This being even rarer means it’ll be gone instantly. I’m doing a 8 hour drive today so won’t be picking one up, but just saying.

Edited by MCDELTAT

1 minute ago, MCDELTAT said:

I get the sentiment, but absolutely not gonna happen. They’ve sold out of every UO record they’ve put out bc it’s only about 550 records. This being even rarer means it’ll be gone instantly. I’m doing a 8 hour drive today so won’t be picking one up, but just saying.

I understand where you're coming from. It won't happen until people stop giving them money. And that's the biggest problem.

Love the sentiment, N8, but there’s just way too many people in the vinyl community without any backbone – it would be a pipe-dream to pull off.  AFI could repress STS and force you to accept a disclaimer upon checkout that states for every 1 copy sold, 1 kitten would be legitimately drowned.  And it’d still sell out.

1 hour ago, copelandkid said:

this one's been OOP for longer than all the other albums... NFT bullshit aside, they're leaving serious $$ on the table not dropping 5k copies of this rn

Hope for a real repress down the road. I do believe many are tired of Revolver's gimmick considering how many on their website have not sold out.

feels to me like most bands know this whole revolver vinyl + NFT thing is toxic and just pissing people off because the quality of the releases that arent underoath or maynard-related are just getting worse and worse. i mean, a fucking staind live 2xlp for $70? i almost feel second-hand embarrassment for some of the other well known musicians that have attached their names to this thing that can barely move 100 records even though its not their fault. its because the program itself is a fucking joke.

people are only buying these underoath records because they think there's no other viable option (even though theyve been pressed before and are likely to be pressed again independent of these).  the only other records actually selling in meaningful amounts are the puscifer LPs for obvious reasons and even those are slowing up sales-wise.

i wouldnt have thought twice about picking up that bleeding through lp if it was released pretty much any other other way but i absolutely refuse to support anything associated with this. plus, the band has never said a single thing about it that im aware of which suggests to me they dont like it either. its a small sacrifice to make to not see these types of programs / prices become commonplace (if it does, thats the day i stop buying vinyl). 

Edited by mattisr1984

I bought that green BV variant of NFG's new acoustic record as a reflex and didn't even look at the price until it was too late..... And even I wouldn't buy this shit.

This hobby is a dangerous combination of nostalgia, collectability, and $$$ - but this shit has massive repel power. This could be just what the community needs: a reason to say no

22 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Just for the giggles wanted to know how much shipping was on these. Asked around on other social media and it seems like these are like $62 shipped. Yikes yikes yikes.

the worst part about that is they make you check out on each release one by one. cant build a cart or combine shipping, so youre playing $12 shipping every time, even if you buy at the same time across multiple available releases.

im not gonna lie i jumped at define the great line cause i dont own that on vinyl at all, but i regret it and wish i didnt. not participating in these any longer.