Sub Pop is outdoing itself

Man, they have a shitload of great LPs out right now:

•The new Foals is waaaaaaay better than the last one. Not so club/dance based.

•The No Age album "Everything In Between" is just incredible. It's Nouns x2.

•Avi Buffalo -- I was totally taken by surprise by this band. Beautiful, intricate guitar with other soaring guitars and whatnot, propping up some of the most clever and genuinely pretty vocals I've heard in a while.

•Blitzen Trapper -- If you like the sound of a big band playing excellent roots rock with a slight Alman Bros. feel (in a good way) you'll totally dig this band.

•Pissed Jeans -- have a new 7" coming out, and if you haven't heard their last full-length, King of Jeans, you need to get right on that. Like Tad Doyle and Dave Yow gangbanged a "negative Creep"-era Kurt Cobain and he had an ass baby.

•The latest Male Bonding record is awesome power pop that won't quit

•Again, Beach House is one of those bands that if you haven't heard them, do yourself a favor. Chill, groovy stuff to smoke opium to.

•AFCGT -- I have no idea what you'd call this kind of music, but I like it. Weird, weird (weird) shit but not unaccessible (maybe).

•Dum Dum Girls -- girl rock that's sort of somewhere between Velocity Girl and Tsunami. Don't know if they have any vinyl but I got a cool cassette from them with some fine boobies on it.

Anyway, check out what they're doing these days if you haven't. And no I don't work for them, I'm just a fan.

Dum Dum Girls have a bunch of vinyl out, on Sub Pop specifically they have the "I Will Be" LP and a split 7" with Male Bonding (from Record Store Day). Great band.

They're putting out a 7" on Slumberland soon with Bhang Bhang on the A-side and a Misfits cover on the B-side. I'm way stoked for that. I Will Be will definitely be on my top albums of the year list (as will Beach House). I love that Male Bonding full-length as well.

I've loved Sub Pop's packaging themes for the past 2 RSDs as well.

Sub Pop have had an insane year, but so have the other "major indie" labels... merge fucking exploded with spoon, superchunk and the arcade fire, and even matador (which i wasnt always so hot on) has had a giant year... especially with that Harlem record Hippies... i dont know if its been talked about around here, but that album is absolutely rock solid!

I gotta say, Spoon and Arcade Fire are just about the most boring bands I've ever heard. Love superchunk, and Fucked Up and Teenage Fanclub though. And reissuing (or even issuing for the first time maybe) those old Superchunk albums on vinyl was an awesome move. I cant stop stressing about a hole in my collection.

Dum Dum Girls have a bunch of vinyl out, on Sub Pop specifically they have the "I Will Be" LP and a split 7" with Male Bonding (from Record Store Day). Great band.

They're putting out a 7" on Slumberland soon with Bhang Bhang on the A-side and a Misfits cover on the B-side. I'm way stoked for that. I Will Be will definitely be on my top albums of the year list (as will Beach House). I love that Male Bonding full-length as well.

I've loved Sub Pop's packaging themes for the past 2 RSDs as well.

Sounds awesome, will be picking up!