Where do you/did you go to college?

Couldn't find a thread like this already. I'm going to school in Texas but I'm ready to transfer. I'm wanting to go to school somewhere in New England (which is where I'm originally from). I just thought it would be interesting to see where we all went or are going to school. What were/are your opinions on your college? Any suggestions for me in the north?

Even though college is just another capitalist scam to get people into debt (as well as turn a good amount into future alcoholics), I am always for the pursuit of higher education...I guess I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive.

With that said, I attend the University of South Florida in Tampa. I am a junior in the electrical engineering department, and am shooting to have my BSEE completed by the end of 2011. I am also one class away from a minor in electronic music.

USF is okay, I don't care about the football program or anything like that, but there are some rad parking garages and other general areas to skate.

i transferred from university of pittsburgh to drew university to depaul university.

i like it here, i love chicago and have a good group of friends. the teachers here have really sparked interest in subjects i didn't think i would enjoy. i've developed close relationships with a couple of professors, and have been doing research work with two of them for about a year and a half now. next spring i'll be helping curate an exhibition at the university museum. i should clarify, i'm an art history major with a concentration in early christian art and a minor in theology.

if you have any questions about chicago schools or chicago in general, i'll be glad to help. my roommate goes to loyola, my girlfriend goes to university of illinois in chicago, i have friends who graduated from northwestern and know a couple people who go to university of chicago.

i graduated from elizabethtown college in 2007, majored in studio/fine art with a concentration in painting. (www.etown.edu)

it's a small liberal arts school in the middle of cow country. i absolutely loved it there, and my sister graduated from there this past may. the class sizes were small and most of my professors had my cell number and vice versa and i visited their houses, etc.

BA in History and Economics from Syracuse University's Maxwell School of Citizenship.

Professional Certificate - NYS Teacher Certification - Social Studies Adolescent Education from SUNY at Buffalo's Graduate School of Education.

Currently finishing up a Ed.M in Social Studies Education at the same school.

When I just got started in Econ in Syracuse, I wanted to go to grad school at the U of Chicago. I'd do a History program there, too, if I could. Great programs.

University of Maryland - BS Marketing

George Mason School of Law - JD

Loved going to UMD - just a few miles north of DC. Not in the best of areas, and definitely not a classic college town like some other huge state schools, but the campus itself is amazing, in general, being in the DC area opened up a ton of internship/job, etc opportunities.

made it 2 semesters at Northeastern University in boston, for civil engineering. left because of bad grades, and the fact that i couldn't justify spending that much a year if i wasn't sure thats what i wanted to go to school for.

made it 2 semesters at Springfield Technical CC for mathematics/education. left because i realized that i absolutely despise the concept of school now, and gen eds were kicking my ass (3 F's between those 4 semesters in college writing 1).

graduated 11th in my high school class of ~300, with a 3.8, and now i'm a union laborer, and i absolutely love my job.

I'm in my second year at the University of Arizona. Majoring in Accounting. Up the punx.

Overall I'm pretty stoked on my decision. I wanted to go in-state, and once that decision was made the choice was pretty simple. There's absolutely no shit to do in Flagstaff, so NAU was out, and ASU just sucks. I love most things about UA. Campus is awesome, great athletics, and the city itself seems built around the school.

Pretty much the only downside is the lack of shows, with most of them being in/around Phoenix. The drive isn't terrible, though, and there's still a number of great shows that come through Tucson.

University of Houston. Don't do it.

The only things I love about my school are the friendly super huge mutant squirrels on campus. Oh and that our team hand sign or whatever is the "cougar paw" AKA "the shocker". It is amazing to see the university president throw up the shocker.

edit: homegirl in the middle is our president.

[image]

and here is the most school spirit i've ever shown. i was completely hammered in case it's not obvious.

[image]

and i still did it wrong. but hey i tried. go coogs.

Couldn't find a thread like this already. I'm going to school in Texas but I'm ready to transfer. I'm wanting to go to school somewhere in New England (which is where I'm originally from). I just thought it would be interesting to see where we all went or are going to school. What were/are your opinions on your college? Any suggestions for me in the north?

UNT?

I'm at UNT right now. Pre-film major, get to take my first two courses next semester. It's pretty rigorous so I'm enjoying my slow schedule for now haha.

Guest eriathomas

University of Akron. It's just your average state college, and it's like 2 miles away so it's great for me. Should be done with my AAS in the summer, then hopefully can find a job before going back for the BA in CIS.