i hate amy o malley

honestly most booking agents are super pleasent to work with.

but i hate having to argue over money for bands that i'm personally friends with and that i feed and let stay at my house.

that fact that i'm called unproffesional for knowing all of the shows said band has played in my town, as well as their draw makes me super mad!

hahaha man i have a great story involving her. My friend Lee (vocalist of Treephort & lazer Attack, and owner of the Swayzes Venues in GA and AL) got a call from her, she wanted him to book the draft. He was interested so he let her go on. She wanted some ridiculous amount of money for the show on like a tuesday, and he told her they wouldn't draw enough to cover that amount. She went off telling him he didnt know what the hell he was talking about. So he asked her to put the phone to her vagina, because what would come out of it would probably make alot more sense than what was coming out of her mouth.

yeah i hate hate hate agents. i still book occaisional shows, and i've gotten bands on as favors to friends.. and then the hooked up band's agent calls me and wants contracts and gaurantees and shit.. and im like heres the terms.. they play. if the show does well we'll get them cash, if it doesn't im really sorry... we're just helping you guys out with a date and hoping for the best.

she is what ruins punk rock for me.

if you don't know who she is, she is the booking agent who books gaslight anthem, the draft, smoke or fire, fake problems, and more

she is a total fucking cunt.

Ask Marty about her. I can't remember what happened, but there was an incident involving them and he hates her. It wasn't even his show.

I'm not being sexist but it seems that every single female booking agent is a total bitch. I've worked with a lot of them and the only ones that I've ever had problem with were women.

Try Susanne at Flowerbooking. Talk about C-U-N-T.

man i tottally feel ya! for real, its like they are over compensating on the pressure!

I always wonder about situations like this with certain booking agents and managers. I've heard a few stories and always wondered why bands stick with these people who seem to be detrimental to their career. I'm sure they can be quite helpful sometimes, but I've heard some who have basically lost bands record contracts and a number of shows and I just can't imagine what they tell the band in order to keep their business.

I always wonder about situations like this with certain booking agents and managers. I've heard a few stories and always wondered why bands stick with these people who seem to be detrimental to their career. I'm sure they can be quite helpful sometimes, but I've heard some who have basically lost bands record contracts and a number of shows and I just can't imagine what they tell the band in order to keep their business.

From what I've seen there's a lot of venues who won't take you seriously in the least without a booking agent so they're helpful in that regard. Booking agents also come with their own set of connections, which again is very helpful. So I think they can be quite an addition if they're good people with good intentions. Therein lies the issue as most people aren't either.

the thing is amy is a great agent. but i feel like she does not understand where the bands she books is coming from.

some of that is partially the bands fault. but the fact still remains, im a small DIY promoter. i am not a club with a bar that can make up money. all of my money if i loose at the show comes from my pocket.

the thing is amy is a great agent. but i feel like she does not understand where the bands she books is coming from.

some of that is partially the bands fault. but the fact still remains, im a small DIY promoter. i am not a club with a bar that can make up money. all of my money if i loose at the show comes from my pocket.

i hear that. that's what kinda got me away from shows. to bring in any half decent even regional band was costing some ridiculous guarantees. if a small head ling band wants $100 and their tour partner wants $75...then you pay $150 for renting a facility...and another $50+ on a PA...it adds up quick. how can you put on a show with 75 or less kids that turn out and pay out that kind of money without charging them such large amount that it's not even worth putting on the show. i understand bands need money to make it happen. my theory always was i'll guarantee gas from my own pocket if i have to otherwise i can't promise much more. if the show does well i'll be more than happy to throw some bread in your jar!

i hear that. that's what kinda got me away from shows. to bring in any half decent even regional band was costing some ridiculous guarantees. if a small head ling band wants $100 and their tour partner wants $75...then you pay $150 for renting a facility...and another $50+ on a PA...it adds up quick. how can you put on a show with 75 or less kids that turn out and pay out that kind of money without charging them such large amount that it's not even worth putting on the show. i understand bands need money to make it happen. my theory always was i'll guarantee gas from my own pocket if i have to otherwise i can't promise much more. if the show does well i'll be more than happy to throw some bread in your jar!

if you could find me a place to rent for $150 and a PA for $50 I would still be doing shows.