TDKR- The Dark Knight Rises

TFP

what's particularly telling at the end of trailer 2 is the tumbler moving along the street with a flying (looks very much like the flying Batmobile from the Grant Morrison penned Batman and Robin series mashed up with the tumblr) vehicle behind it. Unless it's being remote controlled ala the tumbler at the beginning of TDK, I'm assuming both are being controlled manually - one by Bruce and one by someone else (perhaps Blake in the same way Gordon drove the tumbler in Batman Begins).

For sure, I wasn't referring to the camouflaged tumbler firing at the building (the one Bane is standing on top of in several photos) but the two black tumblers moving together. It's definitely going to be interesting either way as there are also the shots of Selina riding what looks like a Batpod. I'm watching both films back to back right now - do you post on the BOF forums at all?

There are videos online where it shows Batman in the cockpit of the Batwing. And I think

all of the camo tumblers are stolen by Bane's goons like remember when Mr. Reese had

the plans for the tumbler in The Dark Knight and and he was trying to blackmail Mr. Fox

and was unsuccessful. I think the Bane tumblers have something to do with that.

For sure, I wasn't referring to the camouflaged tumbler firing at the building (the one Bane is standing on top of in several photos) but the two black tumblers moving together. It's definitely going to be interesting either way as there are also the shots of Selina riding what looks like a Batpod. I'm watching both films back to back right now - do you post on the BOF forums at all?

nope, but i lurk on SHH a lot. people there are CRAZY :o

^ yeah dude, for sure. I tend to avoid SHH and CBM because a lot of the people frequenting there are a bit over the top. The BOF boards have fairly strict policies on spoilers (me posting the link to that bootlegged prologue would most likely have gotten me a banhammer over there) because those dudes spend literally years speculating what's going to happen in each film and want to go into the theater near 100% unspoiled.

Looks like the trailer officially releases in HD quality today.

that's been the talk for a couple of weeks now but it looks like it's not actually releasing until Tuesday.

Though here's a MUCH nicer quality version than the previous boot (note how in the opening scene at the football game, you can see the R in the fan painted signs looks exactly like the R in Tim Drake's insignia):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ESy1-ew9tw&hl=en&fs=1

it's gotta be better than a michelle pfeiffer cat.

catwoman is by far my favorite batman character. i'm not a hathaway fan, but seeing the trailer definitely makes me feel good about it.

Have you read the Brubaker written Selina stuff that came out from the early 2000's onward? Probably one of my favorite takes on the character as it puts her with her own group of people who back her up as she plays vigilante in the East End. I've always maintained that Selina has been a misunderstood character in the Batman mythology because of how two dimensional she's been portrayed (I'm looking at you Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt and Michelle Pfeiffer alongside the silliness of her green costumed incarnation in the 60's and 70's cartoons) - I'm assuming that they're going to cull elements from what started in The Long Halloween and Dark Victory where she's Falcone offspring and apply it to this movie since the (now non-existant) mob has played such a large part in the Nolanverse.

^regarding the Robin 'R':

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=373869&page=29

;D

i'd be pretty disappointed if they brought robin in at this point, unless it was done in a way similar to "dark victory"

As for Joseph Gordon Levitt, I still maintain that his role in this will be very much to fill what Nightwing provides in the comics in terms of being a balance to Bruce's brooding - while he'll be in cop uniform the entire time and won't take up any mantles, I think he'll be the counterpart that Bruce needs to 'rise' as the film's title alludes to.

In the past, Batman has relied on shadow and darkness to aid him in his fight but it seems that Bane has gotten a finger on that pulse and that's why much of the action in these trailers are taking place in broad daylight - Bane is exploiting that and stripping Bruce of his theatricality and much of what makes him feared in the darkness.

I WAS THERE! This rules so much!

[image]

I'm interested to see how this scene figures into the film in context since Bane and his men are really stoked on the use of explosives. A lot of folks are complaining about how 'realistic' this scene doesn't look since the lone football player wouldn't have been able to outrun it though - I think it looks really rad nonetheless.

I WAS THERE! This rules so much!

[image]

I'm interested to see how this scene figures into the film in context since Bane and his men are really stoked on the use of explosives. A lot of folks are complaining about how 'realistic' this scene doesn't look since the lone football player wouldn't have been able to outrun it though - I think it looks really rad nonetheless.

hines ward can out run it

• 4 months later...

I've watched this probably a half a dozen times since it's gone up. A lot of interesting stuff going on, in particular the implication that we're seeing a proper big screen interpretation of the Bat family we see in the comics i.e. Blake (Nolan's version of Nightwing) talking to Selina along with Lucius and Alfred. Seems they've cleaned up Tom Hardy's voice a good bit as well and he sounds oddly like Liam Neeson which I'd imagine was unintentional. Nolan's interpretation of the Batwing totally reminds me of the flying craft utilized by the Ted Kord era Blue Beetle.