TDKR- The Dark Knight Rises

TFP

14 dead, probably more by tomorrow.

http://www.reuters.c...E86J0AM20120720

I couldn't bring myself to read any more articles about this. However, that couldn't prevent me from overhearing co-workers saying that some of the deceased were kids possibly even babies being shot at point blank range. For the love of god I hope that's not true.

I couldn't bring myself to read any more articles about this. However, that couldn't prevent me from overhearing co-workers saying that some of the deceased were kids possibly even babies being shot at point blank range. For the love of god I hope that's not true.

It makes no sense...

watched the trilogy on IMAX last night. sooo much fun. I think I like the dark knight better, but will have to see rises again to be certain.

that was the craziest I've ever seen a movie theater. luckily I bought the IMAX marathon tickets back in June when they first went on sale. the theater I went to in Baltimore had an IMAX showing at midnight and another following it at 3am. and it was playing the standard version on about 7 other screens. Batman Begins started at 6pm and there were already people lined up to see just the midnight showing.

I definitely need to see it again... Way too much stuff to fully wrap my mind around it all. But on first viewing I thought it was great.

I thought Hathaway was brilliant. I never had much regard for her, but beyond being as incredibly sexy as she was, she KILLED that role.

It's hard to judge Tom Hardys performance, because the mask kind of limited his mannerisms and delivery, but he was still a total badass.

Bringing back scarecrow was literally one of my favorite parts.. Especially with the straw sticking out of his shoulder.

The plot may have been a bit far fetched by the time Tate revealed herself, but i think nolan did a fantastic job tying everything together. The first two movies felt like they could exist on their own, but again... His use of tied owns we're outstanding.

Kudos for how little bat voice was used. But I think the one thing this movie didn't have was that one scene or moment that had the crowds head spinning. Going back to dark knight, I can reference when he flips the semi.

My friends were let down, but I really enjoyed myself, and I can say I'm satisfied. Most likely,I'll see it again and read a thousand reviews, and my opinion will drastically change- for better or worse. For now, I expect it to be the former.

Also, LOL at the girl in front of me... As Bruce is recovering and first gets back to his feet, the scene ends and she leans to her boyfriend " did bane break his back?"

I really don't know how I feel about this movie. I feel like the whole movie was just a long cops and robbers tale. It is just something about this film that I did not like. I love Batman Begins even more so than The Dark Knight but this movie, just felt like it was just put together. I am going to have to watch it again to be sure. I would have to say my favorite part was Crane!

I saw it in IMAX here in Charleston and the theater was packed almost couldn't find seats even though we arrived 30 minutes early. I found some seats and while waiting for the movie as minutes ticked by till the 12:05 premier there were still people standing. I thought "Did they oversell the seating?" but the manager came in and spoke to the crowd and figured people snuck in. So the couple of people standing had to sit in chairs added on the floor at the base of the IMAX screen. Anyway it was pretty cool because everybody in the IMAX screening received a cool Bane poster.

I definitely need to see it again... Way too much stuff to fully wrap my mind around it all. But on first viewing I thought it was great.

I thought Hathaway was brilliant. I never had much regard for her, but beyond being as incredibly sexy as she was, she KILLED that role.

It's hard to judge Tom Hardys performance, because the mask kind of limited his mannerisms and delivery, but he was still a total badass.

Bringing back scarecrow was literally one of my favorite parts.. Especially with the straw sticking out of his shoulder.

The plot may have been a bit far fetched by the time Tate revealed herself, but i think nolan did a fantastic job tying everything together. The first two movies felt like they could exist on their own, but again... His use of tied owns we're outstanding.

Kudos for how little bat voice was used. But I think the one thing this movie didn't have was that one scene or moment that had the crowds head spinning. Going back to dark knight, I can reference when he flips the semi.

This for the most part. I think the scenes that show the explosives going off around the city would have been a head spinning moment if it weren't shown in the previews. It was visually amazing but it was expected and I think that took away the impact it could've had. Overall I loved it... as of right now I'm with everybody else saying it doesn't surpass the Dark Knight but I will have to see it again.

I agree. Can't get that image of Bane weeping as Miranda tells his story out of my head. Powerful stuff.

that and alfred crying were both very powerful.

I really enjoyed the movie, but I feel like it was a little slow paced. The Dark Knight was constant action and badass-ness when this movie was pretty much nothing until Bane took over. Thought it was interesting how Batman seemed to be a more minor character. I still give it a 10/10, but gotta see it again to understand everything that happened haha. That ending though, holy shit. Did not see that coming.

Does anyone else think the opening scene with the plane was just....not that good? I don't know what it was, but it just didn't do it for me.Maybe cause I was expecting something as awesome as The Dark Knight opening scene haha.

I really enjoyed the movie, but I feel like it was a little slow paced. The Dark Knight was constant action and badass-ness when this movie was pretty much nothing until Bane took over. Thought it was interesting how Batman seemed to be a more minor character. I still give it a 10/10, but gotta see it again to understand everything that happened haha. That ending though, holy shit. Did not see that coming.

Does anyone else think the opening scene with the plane was just....not that good? I don't know what it was, but it just didn't do it for me.Maybe cause I was expecting something as awesome as The Dark Knight opening scene haha.

This.

The Dark Knight had an equal balance of action and intrigue. Just enough in every scene, in which everything flowed together almost seamlessly. Rises is/was a great film, but everything seemed to clonk together, scene by scene. To me, nothing really started to flow until the middle and through the end of the movie.

And yes, the Rises Prologue wasn't nearly as great as the Dark Knights. I mean, come on, the big reveal of the Joker during the bank heist. *chills*. haha

Pretty good points.

So I'm not a comics expert but this was kind of an amalgamation of knightfall and the dark knight returns, right? The faking his death part was not unexpected after reading dark knight returns, which was designed to be a pseudo-ending to the Batman story. Never read knightfall. Was it just Bane breaking his back that came from that?

I am fine with modifying Bane's backstory, but if they were going to do it, I wish they would have just made him a normal dude without the mask. I want to hear every word and I missed parts of what he said because it wasn't easy to understand.

And yeah, it was too much of separate stories that came together at the end. How long were Batman and Bane on screen together for. Maybe 10 minutes in a movie that almost hit 3 hours? And the chronology of the movie going over what 6 months was kinda weird.

Nitpicking, but Dark Knight is about a perfect movie. This had flaws. Still, great movie.

He never said his name was robin, it was the woman bringing it up who said he should go by it.

That reveal was shocking.. Mostly because of Nolan's declaration of "I'm not fucking touching robin"

I don't know if we're supposed to know.. But any guesses how he faked it?