"Your Favorite Weapon" Copies Found by Iodine

I don't understand what is going on here. You're such a huge fan, you bought it to re-sell it?

Yeah dude, you're kind of speaking in circles here. Probably best just to cut your losses and accept a few people ripping on you. Continuing to try and get yourself out of it will almost certainly make it worse. Also, keeping it in shrink wrap has the potential to warp the record. Just a little advice.

Guest poopmcgee
You bought it on black I take it?

I am really am debating whether to open it or not. It is on black, but my favorite song is on there, the no seatbelt song. I'll know tomorrow...I just don't feel like leaving my bed, had a long day.

you mean the no helmet song

No, I just got it for really cheap and could sell it for a lot more than what I bought it for. I'm a huge brand new fan. I actually got deja etendu sealed and broke it...Not wasting my money there bro.

I don't understand what is going on here. You're such a huge fan, you bought it to re-sell it?

also, lol @ popsike. yeah, every now and then a record will sell for way too much, but black copies go pretty regularly for 110-130

Where have you seen these sell for that low? Link?

Yeah dude, you're kind of speaking in circles here. Probably best just to cut your losses and accept a few people ripping on you. Continuing to try and get yourself out of it will almost certainly make it worse. Also, keeping it in shrink wrap has the potential to warp the record. Just a little advice.

Thanks man, I'll probably break it...This was my last album for all the brand new albums. I know a friend who was been collecting for 10 years also bought the record from the same guy on the bay, it has been in the shrink for a while now...since it has been in storage, just hope it isn't already warped too badly.

No, I just got it for really cheap and could sell it for a lot more than what I bought it for. I'm a huge brand new fan. I actually got deja etendu sealed and broke it...Not wasting my money there bro.

also, lol @ popsike. yeah, every now and then a record will sell for way too much, but black copies go pretty regularly for 110-130

in 2008..

copies of this have been going for 200-300 on black the past few months until recently, which is probably due to the same seller putting a bunch up with the same picture.

regardless, this is the first press of the first full length from one of the biggest bands in the world. this record isn't going to lose value. unless it is repressed with everything exactly the same, the market value is only going to rise.

when i worked at a book/music store a few years back, we had a shrinkwrap machine. We only used it when someone brought back a cd opened or when we opened a cd to play over the speakers, and after a few weeks when we were done promoting it, nobody on the staff wanted it.

We always made it clear that those cds were previously opened and we sold them for cheaper than the brand new ones, so we weren't trying to deceive anyone. Also, using the shrinkwrap machine was my favorite part of the entire job.

Anyways, my point of the story is that lots of cd stores will probably have one.

regardless, this is the first press of the first full length from one of the biggest bands in the world.

....really? the great majority of people i know outside of my circle of friends who listen to the same kind of music i do have never even heard of them. they've never been played on the radio outside of college/indie stations to my knowledge. they may be huge in the hot topic kid category, but that's about it.

i would consider bands like U2, Dave Matthews Band, and though I cringe to say this, Nickelback, some of the 'biggest bands in the world'.

regardless, this is the first press of the first full length from one of the biggest bands in the world.

....really? the great majority of people i know outside of my circle of friends who listen to the same kind of music i do have never even heard of them. they've never been played on the radio outside of college/indie stations to my knowledge. they may be huge in the hot topic kid category, but that's about it.

i would consider bands like U2, Dave Matthews Band, and though I cringe to say this, Nickelback, some of the 'biggest bands in the world'.

word

get a shrinkwrap machine and seal that sucker! ebay kids will never know

I think that is the moral of the story here. The dude who runs Iodine kept a bunch for himself, is broke as a joke, got some saran wrap and a blow dryer, and just got himself a thousand bucks on records some idiots think weren't played. I personally wouldn't give a fuck if it was or wasn't, but he probably feels he can get top dollar for records that weren't played.

regardless, this is the first press of the first full length from one of the biggest bands in the world. this record isn't going to lose value. unless it is repressed with everything exactly the same, the market value is only going to rise.

This is ridiculous on so many levels.

how?

and maybe i exaggerated a bit, but the band is huge. they have a huge cult following (not just hot topic kids). maybe it's because i'm a few years younger, but i don't know many people who don't know of brand new, and all of them like at least one album from them.

This is ridiculous on so many levels.

how?

and maybe i exaggerated a bit, but the band is huge. they have a huge cult following (not just hot topic kids). maybe it's because i'm a few years younger, but i don't know many people who don't know of brand new, and all of them like at least one album from them.

Even at Interpunk, they are only ranked 56th:

http://www.interpunk.com/quickfind.cfm?find=band

56th on Interpunk does not equal one of the biggest bands in the world. I think you need to get out more.

Also, record prices go up and down. You saying "the market value is only going to rise" is pretty silly. When nobody cares about this band in a few years, prices will go down.

Doubt a bands' popularity can be attributed to just one web store's sales figures.

Either way, it's safe to say that the market value of the item wouldn't drop too much, assuming there isn't a repress. Obviously there is a demand for this album and people are willing to pay a pretty penny for it. And yeah, maybe you're right, in a few years when "nobody" cares about this band, a nobody will sell it to another nobody that couldn't afford it back in the day, has a new job/cash to throw around and in turn has an eBay battle between someone. Who knows? Maybe it won't be as high as it has in the past, but I'm sure it will retain it's value in some sort.

We have a new generation of vinyl collectors that are coming out of high school, graduating college and entering the job market with cash to throw around. Prices should stay consistent and/or rise.

how?

Even at Interpunk, they are only ranked 56th:

http://www.interpunk.com/quickfind.cfm?find=band

56th on Interpunk does not equal one of the biggest bands in the world. I think you need to get out more.

Also, record prices go up and down. You saying "the market value is only going to rise" is pretty silly. When nobody cares about this band in a few years, prices will go down.

i was thinking more along the lines of billboard charts. i get out plenty.

i understand they go up and down. but to say "nobody" will care in a few years is wild. a good record is a good record. i don't think these records are going to drop to $20-30 some day or anything.