The Walking Dead

mcm1610

SPOLIER IN THIS COMMENT - DON't READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!

So Are we supposed to believe that there is contaminated blood on Ricks knife? How else would Shane instantly turn into a zombie? Also, how did Randall turn into a Zombie? His neck was broken and he's got no bite marks. I don't get it.

Means that the virus is not just spread through zombies. One of the theories going around is that the virus is airborne, and that when you die, you will turn into a zombie, regardless of whether or not you've been bitten.

That's the only explanation I can think of.

I also really didn't think Rick was going to kill Shane. I was expecting Daryl to show up and do the honors.

Means that the virus is not just spread through zombies. One of the theories going around is that the virus is airborne, and that when you die, you will turn into a zombie, regardless of whether or not you've been bitten.

I also really didn't think Rick was going to kill Shane. I was expecting Daryl to show up and do the honors.

That's what I was thinking too. I thought him and Glen would show up in time to see Shane almost pull the trigger and then Daryl would put a bolt right through his head.

Also, I'm new to this post, should I not talk about comic things on here? I just don't want to give things away if were keeping it strictly show related.

In the comics the dead start to re-animate somewhere down the road... and once that happens rick goes back to where they buried Shane outside of ATL to find him a zombie, half buried, and trying to claw his way out of the ground. Then Rick kills him.

I love how Carl shoots Shane, I thought that was a cool tie in (sorta) back to the comics.

My 2 friends ive always watched it with read into all this stuff, they told me tonight that the virus is airborne and everyone has it, it just takes dying for someone to turn into a zombie, whether its a bite and you bleed to death, or you break your neck like randal did.

I'm so incredibly mad Shane died, he was my favorite character beside Darrell.

I really want to read all the comics.

This episode was so good. I knew Shane was done, but I thought it was going to be the finale. The standoff was awesome, and I loved that Carl finished it. I know everyone was hoping Carl would kill him while he was living like in the comics, but I thought it was great how they did it. Looks like they'll be leaving the farm next episode...maybe find a certain correctional facility next season?

So Dale would have turned to a zombie either way. Hm, interesting.

Indeed. Once Dale was ripped to shreds with no hope of surviving I kept thinking to myself that someone had better hurry and shoot him otherwise he'd be coming back for Round 2. Well that and to just put the poor man out of his misery.

I don't know why but I thought they had already established the concept of someone turning into a zombie once they die regardless of whether or not they'd been biten. Perhaps that idea has stuck with me since I've read most of the graphic novels... But in regards to the events contained solely within this show could this link back to what the gentleman from the CDC whispered to Rick before the place blew up? I don't recall ever getting clarification on that or if we did I forgot about it.

And as for that last scene... considering how many survivors we have left vs. what appeared to be hundreds of walkers headed for the farm. How on earth are they going to survive this? If it were my call I would get everyone into a vehicle and start running them down GTA style. Bullets are scarce and hand to hand combat will only get you so far when you're so greatly outnumbered. Hiding out in the house might work for a little while but they'll eventually get in and kill you.

At the very least it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

i have never been simultaneously so happy and so angry by something on television as i was about rick killing shane. i was somewhat pacified when carl shot zombie shane, but still. killing shane was a defining moment for the development of carl's character. so was something else down the road that i doubt will happen because those characters aren't even in the story on tv.

now that two main characters have killed off maybe they'll have more for T-dog to do than being the resident porter.

Did anyone else notice the chorus frogs when they were walking through the woods at night? I didn't think it was February-March. Also, they sounded almost like New Jersey Chorus frogs, not Upland Chorus Frogs. Oh, my suspension of disbelief is starting to wain.

Last night's episode was good...well, not until the last few minutes...it was all blah, blah, blah...holy shit! Shane killed Randall!....blah, blah, blah...Yo! Randall escaped!...blah, blah, blah...Oh hey, Zombie Randall...WTF?!?!...blah, blah, blah...HOLY FUCK RICK JUST KILLED SHANE!!!!...blah, blah, blah...HOLY SHIT CARL JUST SHOT ZOMBIE SHANE!!!...blah...OH FUCK! BUNCH O' ZOMBIES HEADING OUR WAY!!!!

Last night's episode was good...well, not until the last few minutes...it was all blah, blah, blah...holy shit! Shane killed Randall!....blah, blah, blah...Yo! Randall escaped!...blah, blah, blah...Oh hey, Zombie Randall...WTF?!?!...blah, blah, blah...HOLY FUCK RICK JUST KILLED SHANE!!!!...blah, blah, blah...HOLY SHIT CARL JUST SHOT ZOMBIE SHANE!!!...blah...OH FUCK! BUNCH O' ZOMBIES HEADING OUR WAY!!!!

That was pretty much it in a nutshell.

i actually thought that episode was pretty solid the whole way through. the heartfelt speeches didn't last too long, the action kept moving at a steady pace, and they didn't spend 5 episodes looking for the guy in the woods.

i have no major complaints other than the obvious 'carl should have killed shane' beef.

Yea, solid episode. My DVR almost blew it, but luckily I happened to be home for this episode. I got home a little late so I rewound to watch from the beginning and try to catch up, then something messed up and it told me I wasn't subscribed to AMC. I panicked, but then after a minute or two it came back and I was able to hit record. Magically, I got the whole episode. It's split into two parts, and I'm missing about 90 seconds, but it's perfectly a commercial break.

Anyway, the episode... I think they managed to salvage a lot of the same circumstances of Shane's death from the comics with how it had to play out in the show. I don't think Carl was at a point where he could kill Shane because he still saw him as a friend/almost-family.

I don't think Carl was at a point where he could kill Shane because he still saw him as a friend/almost-family.

I agree 100% Carl approached Shane over both of his parents about him stealing Darrell's gun.

I haven't read the comics but I know that Carl does kill Shane in them, I just think with the flow of the show the whole scene of Shane dying was just a bit ridiculous. That may be cause I loved Shane but... Rick is a badass for shanking him.

And how to Darrell and Glenn plan on escaping the woods with that many walkers?