The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Exactly. And as Rick, Michonne, Carl, and Daryl were running through trying to escape, there were a pile of skeletons with ripped flesh and bloody meat inside a gate.

If you listened closely, as they were running by other containers, you could hear the people inside begging them ("help us"). Could hear the snipers and rooftop shooters coordinating their route as well ("don't let them get to 2").

They've clearly done it a few times, and have gotten pretty good at herding newcomers.

-----

My only gripe with the episode is that all of the promo material centered around the "Those who arrive... survive" line, and the posters were all labeled "Who will arrive?" or "Who will survive?".

And then nobody died.

That last line came out pretty cheesy too, but I guess it's better than having to bleep the original?

So a screen of a deleted scene showed up on Reddit/Twitter. Adds a whole other level to the Terminus weirdos.

http://i.imgur.com/5BYpncM.jpg

SO LAME ITS THE GOVERNOR ALL OVER AGAIN

ill still watch but man, this feels like something weve seen before, except these people eat human flesh?

I'm convinced I'm watching a different show than everybody else. I thought the finale was great. Even the "slow" moments were fantastic IMO. For the first time in a LONG time I actually like Carl. The way that final scene with Carl walking towards the train car was directed was so intense. Also, Michone's revelation of the identity of the leashed walkers was pretty awesome - maybe that's revealed in the comics but it was new to me. Rick also seems to have comes to terms with his true identity, and I felt that was well executed. I can't wait for next season.

Pretty sure she made that connection of her brothers being her walkers a season or two ago

That was the worst season finale.

Note to self: having a conflicting opinion gets you downvotes.  :rolleyes:

Did I hear Michonne correctly? When she was explaining how her son died, did she say Mike and Terry were getting high right before everything went down? Reminded me of those old commercials of 'This is one scenario. This is the same scenario if you're high' and the person runs someone over.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKCYDrur_WI

SO LAME ITS THE GOVERNOR ALL OVER AGAIN

ill still watch but man, this feels like something weve seen before, except these people eat human flesh?

How is it at all something we've seen before? The Governor was a sociopath, but the people of Woodbury were good people. Terminus appears to be a cannibalistic cult, and clearly the people there know what's going on.

People complain about how boring it is when the survivors find refuge at Herschel's farm or in the prison, but then complain about deja vu at the first sign of a threatening community? What exactly do people want? Endless wandering with no breaks in the action, yet no strong villain?

How is it at all something we've seen before? The Governor was a sociopath, but the people of Woodbury were good people. Terminus appears to be a cannibalistic cult, and clearly the people there know what's going on.

People complain about how boring it is when the survivors find refuge at Herschel's farm or in the prison, but then complain about deja vu at the first sign of a threatening community? What exactly do people want? Endless wandering with no breaks in the action, yet no strong villain?

thats exactly what I want, yes.

its the same because the Governor still brainwashed his people into following him, twice, just as im sure the cannibals are brainwashed into doing whatever they're doing.  Yes, the Gov was a sociopath, but he still convinced people that what he knew was right, and they followed him without question, twice.

it only makes sense to me that in this type of world that people will form groups to survive and those different groups are bound to not only run into each other but will not necessarily get along or will have different morals, rules, etc. think of them as very tiny countries, if you will. my guess is that this will be a recurring theme throughout the existence of the show so its probably not going to go away. its the typical struggle of survival, territory and resources. four seasons in and the basic driving force to most of the stories is finding new people that either they get along with or dont. without it, you will have just have the group we follow in this world wandering aimlessly killing zombies and talking about their past which people would also complain about (case in point, the last half of this season for the most part). scott gimple said on talking dead that this show will reinvent itself every 8 episodes and by that im sure he means the story arc will change. so, if i were to guess id say the first 8 episodes of next season will be related to terminus and the latter half will probably have to do with the group trying to get eugene to washington.

thats exactly what I want, yes.

its the same because the Governor still brainwashed his people into following him, twice, just as im sure the cannibals are brainwashed into doing whatever they're doing.  Yes, the Gov was a sociopath, but he still convinced people that what he knew was right, and they followed him without question, twice.

I feel like you're applying an extremely loose definition of "brainwashing" when it comes to Woodbury. The citizens were certainly deceived, but they didn't appear psychologically altered or willingly doing anything against their beliefs. Some of them even questioned the Governor's actions, which practically screams 'not brainwashed'. Ultimately the citizens acted under the impression that they were defending themselves. Had they not been told the prison was a direct threat, I don't think they'd have had any inclination to attack it. The group he led to attack the prison a second time wasn't even lied to as far as their reason to attack (the prison was safe, and technically many of the survivors in the prison were murderers) - though the Governor clearly left out some details and had some ulterior motives.

I won't say it isn't the case in Terminus, though at this juncture we don't really know anything about them; they very well could have democratically decided to eat people, or Gareth could be the brainwashing leader of the cult. I'm sure we'll get some flashback episodes next season to clear it up.

You've got your opinions, and I don't expect to change them, but if that's how you feel, then I think you're looking at things a bit too broadly.

Group finds refuge, leader of said refuge is hiding some huge secret, group finds out & shit goes down. This formula holds true for the farm, Woodbury, and now Terminus.

If you zoom out far enough, such formulas apply to stories in almost all media. The problem with looking at something from that far out is that you miss out on all the subtleties that make it unique. It's a pretty boring way to look at things.

With regards to Terminus, they pretty much established it wasn't as it seemed within one episode and moving forward I assume the plot will revolve around escape. It would have been comparable to Woodbury if we spent half a season waiting for the characters to figure out what the audience has known the whole time. 

The backstory of their current locale seems pretty cut and dry and I hope they don't do a whole lot of development. Just let them fight it out for a few episodes, kill a major character or two and hit the road. 

With regards to Terminus, they pretty much established it wasn't as it seemed within one episode and moving forward I assume the plot will revolve around escape. It would have been comparable to Woodbury if we spent half a season waiting for the characters to figure out what the audience has known the whole time. 

The backstory of their current locale seems pretty cut and dry and I hope they don't do a whole lot of development. Just let them fight it out for a few episodes, kill a major character or two and hit the road. 

i suppose if they decide to change the pacing of the show this might happen but if anything is certain its that sans their stop at the CDC - no stopping point for the group has been brief and the one thing the group as a whole has not had happen to them is be held captive. i guess it just depends on how far they decide to take it but they have the potential to take terminus in a pretty terrifying direction (at least for television) if they choose to but i dont think its the type of the story that would be told in just 1 or 2 episodes.

Like i mentioned a few pages page, the synapses for 5.1 on IMDB gives a idea of what might happen w/ Terminus.

Episode #5.1
Rick and the group are heading to Washington D.C., where they meet new danger and a new enemy. Once again, Rick must do whatever it takes to keep the rest of the group safe.

The thing that irks me the most about the show is for every step they take forward, they take two steps back. Take the flashbacks of Rick during the season finale. For me, it felt out of place and boring. We all know what happened at the jail, no need to reiterate what we already know. Show me the new and interesting craziness that is going on and forget about the past. It's over, no one cares. I don't mind the terminus plot, and I am very intrigued with the whole cannibal thing and the people in the other containers. I want to know their story and that's enough to keep me tuned in for the next season. 

Some food for thought....

From what I have read online they became cannibals because they could not hunt, and they started eating their own children first. Makes sense since we didn't see any children out and about at terminus. Then they just went along with it and lured people in so that they could have a constant supply of fresh meat.

Like i mentioned a few pages page, the synapses for 5.1 on IMDB gives a idea of what might happen w/ Terminus.

Episode #5.1

Rick and the group are heading to Washington D.C., where they meet new danger and a new enemy. Once again, Rick must do whatever it takes to keep the rest of the group safe.

oh man, that makes me feel so much better about next season.  

terminus might still be quiet a few episodes, but they might all be flashbacks with the season starting with the group having already escaped

oh man, that makes me feel so much better about next season.  

terminus might still be quiet a few episodes, but they might all be flashbacks with the season starting with the group having already escaped

Damn, sounds about right for Walking Dead. Always so disappointing, but yet I can't stop watching. 

Damn, sounds about right for Walking Dead. Always so disappointing, but yet I can't stop watching.

Perfectly sums up this show for me. Also I don't think this series lends it self well for a week to week viewing. Watching season 2 all at once made me change my mind about it. But when I originally watched it I loathed it for being so slow.

• 1 month later...

These are incredible. There are some other really good ones available on the etsy store too. What an awesome tribute to vinyl and film. This would be absolutely perfect in my office.

• 4 months later...