The Walking Dead

mcm1610

what was the last scene of the episode? my DVR cut off when it showed the car w/ the writing on it

At the very end Michonne hung her sword up on the wall, looked at it, took it down again, and slung it over her back.

I wish I hadn't read the spoilers because none of those things happened.

I thought the general lack of action throughout the episode would certainly be building up to an attack on the town at the end, so I was pretty disappointed when it looked like it would wind up just being them chatting around the fire - but then pleasantly surprised by what ended up happening. 

It felt like a sort of one-two punch to imbue more power into that final scene. I don't know whether it worked or not. 

Also, just an observation: Obviously as the show has continued, the zombies have become much less interesting. At this point, I have a feeling that a major character will never again die just at the hands of zombies, because that's such a pedestrian way to die this far into the apocalypse.

For example, in Season 5, only one major character was simply killed by zombies

Guy who looked mildly like Ian Mackaye (maybe a stretch to call him major, but he was a returning character) - Had his throat slit

Woman from Terminus (Mary?) - Wrecked by zombies, but only because Carol shot her

Gareth and the Terminators - Got fucked up by Rick and Co.

Bob - Died by zombie, but lived long enough to have his leg eaten and outlive the Terminators so I think even this one is pushing it

Beth - Got capped

Dawn - Got capped

Tyreese - More likely died from blood loss re: the amputation than from the infection of the bite, since Rick still thought it prudent to amputate

Aiden - Glorified suicide really

Chris - Eaten by zombies, but killed indirectly by Nicholas so I'm putting that on him

Deanna's husband - Pete fuckin' slashed him

Pete - Got smoked by Rick

A central theme of the show has been people > walkers in terms of danger, but I think that will begin to feel played out... I don't know. Maybe they're painting themselves into a corner. So anyway...

In this episode when they dropped those zombies on Glenn, naturally it was supposed to scare viewers - like, oh shit, this is it for Glenn - like they've been doing since the trough in Terminus since he was supposed to have his head caved in around now. Same thing with Daryl in the car. I don't think that it was effective.

The zombies don't seem to be a threat to the major characters - partially because none of them ever die by them, which just compounds the problem. Maybe I'm rambling. My point is that the other people in the show will have to become more and more evil until the point that it becomes unbelievable, because not everybody who survived the apocalypse would just become a fucking sociopath (look at all the relatively normal people in Alexandria). 

I can't believe some of you guys thought one of the most popular shows on TV would have its most anticipated season finale spoiled on Internet message boards. No offense, but are you guys new?

It did! That spoiler was incorrect but the entire episode was summarized day(s) in advance.

I thought the episode serviced the plot pretty well, no huge deaths or cliffhangers but it worked for me. I can see why people would find it a little lackluster though.