The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Honestly if

glenn isn't dead

I'll be pretty pissed. Don't get me wrong, I obviously don't want him dead in the long run but to put in such a lame red herring into an early episode is just such cheap writing. Imagine if he comes back as described above and is revealed to be alive, there is no way to show that without being above and beyond cheesy. I thought the episode was handled well and had the effect on the audience it was supposed to, it was a huge reminder of how much these characters mean to us and how much we connect with them and produced an exteme emotional reaction. To pull that carpet out from under our feet with an "actually he survived!" moment would just be so totally elementary and below this show. My two cents.

I completely agree. I feel they're not being terribly respectful to their fans by pulling this kind of stunt and then being all "look how clever our editing and camera angles are!"

That said, I watched a gif someone on reddit had made of the death scene. I watched it like 20 times and I'm now pretty sure he's not dead.

I completely agree. I feel they're not being terribly respectful to their fans by pulling this kind of stunt and then being all "look how clever our editing and camera angles are!"

That said, I watched a gif someone on reddit had made of the death scene. I watched it like 20 times and I'm now pretty sure he's not dead.

I've got a theory and it would piss everyone off more than this last episode. It's in spoilers in case someone doesn't want to read it..

Glen isn't dead. No one will find him either. Likely they will assume he is dead, like us. It will take him until the mid season finale to make it back to Alexandria, however as he gets back, Neegan is coming into the picture, and kills him (like the comic book). This allows all that finale stuff he did in the episode (like the final speech to Rick) to make sense.

It's a stretch, and I think people would be more mad at that than then are now. But I could see it happening.

i dont want him dead either, and especially don't want his death to come in such a lame, unheroic fashion....

but.....

if they say he survived that I will be pissed.  having him live sends it into really bad, super lame and unrealisitc (yes even for a zombie show) tv trope territory. 

It is by all means possible that was the other guy on top, but... he wouldnt have realistically landed on him in a way that covered him completly.  He'd have some legs or arms or feet munched on at mimium if those weren't his guts they was all up in. 

I didnt want him dead, but I really dont want him back based on some lame way of him not getting devoured with hunderds of zombies all around him.

That is an interesting theory up top that leads it back into comic book territory for him to survive then die, but.... i hope they don't start going down the miraculous unbelievable survival rabbit hole, it's a lame road to walk down..

I've got a theory and it would piss everyone off more than this last episode. It's in spoilers in case someone doesn't want to read it..

Glen isn't dead. No one will find him either. Likely they will assume he is dead, like us. It will take him until the mid season finale to make it back to Alexandria, however as he gets back, Neegan is coming into the picture, and kills him (like the comic book). This allows all that finale stuff he did in the episode (like the final speech to Rick) to make sense.

It's a stretch, and I think people would be more mad at that than then are now. But I could see it happening.

Damn, that's straight-up savage and it'd be one of my personal worst TV moments ever. But I can see it happening.

I just heard another theory that Glenn could survive because he's covered in Nicholas' blood and his body parts and no one's gonna eat him. Glenn and Rick did that with a dead walker (in an episode titled 'Guts') and it worked but since Nicholas was just killed, I don't know if this makes sense. Sounds like a stretch.

Good character building ep, but THIS is the one they need to make extra long? Not special enough to warrant an extra 30 mins.

I have to agree with this.

However, it did take balls to bring a flashback episode after leaving all those insane cliffhangers. It wasn't what I wanted but I enjoyed it; such a slow ep was kinda expected after three fast-paced ones. And JCL's character was pretty awesome.

I really dug last night's episodes. Every once in a while you need those character-building episodes or arcs to better understand what's been going and the people involved. And c'mon...we were all wondering what happened to Morgan after Rick & Co. left him hunkered down in that apartment and when he started showing up before Terminus and all.