The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I think the next time we see that one guy who stole the bike, he might not look the same.

Yeah, something is going to happen to him. As soon as they said sorry to Daryl, and he said "you're gonna be," I knew they were done.

My wife thinks that was glenn's voice on the walkie talkie.

Well, they've officially cast Negan, so if all goes according to the comic, we won't have him for long...

Not sure if that was Glenn but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back by the mid-season finale. Also (comic spoiler):

I really hope Glenn doesn't die like he did in the graphic novels. Maybe it's just me but it felt anticlimactic for such an important character. Beaten to death after being randomly chosen by Negan, just like that. I hope he gets a more fitting send-off in the show.

My guess is...

that it was Glenn on the walkie-talkie, and all the burned walkers in the woods were foreshadowing that Daryl and co. are going to blow up their gas truck to save Glenn from the herd that surrounded him.

Very reasonable assumption. Of course he's coming back. This show isn't ballsy enough to off a main character like that.

Not sure if that was Glenn but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back by the mid-season finale. Also (comic spoiler):

I really hope Glenn doesn't die like he did in the graphic novels. Maybe it's just me but it felt anticlimactic for such an important character. Beaten to death after being randomly chosen by Negan, just like that. I hope he gets a more fitting send-off in the show.

My guess, is that Glenn won't die like that, but someone else will take his place. It also has to be a major character, not Carol or Carl, but Maggie or Daryl are my guesses. Ugh, that would be much worse.

My guess, is that Glenn won't die like that, but someone else will take his place. It also has to be a major character, not Carol or Carl, but Maggie or Daryl are my guesses. Ugh, that would be much worse.

Shit, Maggie would make sense, and have a lot more emotions since she's pregnant

Yeah, the Glenn thing was just stupid. This season has taken a nose dive after the Morgan episode. Seems so haphazardly put together. Glenn's fate was just lazy writing. Hopefully the next episode ends this half season with a positive note. This apparent "no one is safe" show is looking pretty toothless now.

Yeah, the Glenn thing was just stupid. This season has taken a nose dive after the Morgan episode. Seems so haphazardly put together. Glenn's fate was just lazy writing. Hopefully the next episode ends this half season with a positive note. This apparent "no one is safe" show is looking pretty toothless now.

I keep going back and forth on the Glenn thing, but the verdict is yeah, pretty stupid. I get the whole eye of the beholder type of thing, but obviously this was to stir the pot and it definitely hurt the show more than helped.

Yeah I knew what you meant.

Also..

Looks like Carl will be losing his eye very soon. I honestly thought that's what they were gonna end the episode with.

I was also thinking this. Kinda bummed they didn't end the episode with that, maybe it will be a mid season finale ending....

This show has always had weak writing with bits and pieces that were good. Not surprised at all with how they handled the Glenn situation, or any situation for that matter. 

It's bothersome that a show that is supposed to be about emanate danger is only brave enough to off characters that have been on screen for less than 10 minutes.

Although Game of Thrones is completely different, they take risks and kill off major characters out of nowhere. This show could be so much stronger if they took more chances like that. I'm willing to bet they'll kill off a "lead" at the end of this season, but it probably won't be a crucial character and won't hit as hard since they bait and switched their audience with Glenn (which was a painfully obvious 'twist').

It's bothersome that a show that is supposed to be about emanate danger is only brave enough to off characters that have been on screen for less than 10 minutes.

Although Game of Thrones is completely different, they take risks and kill off major characters out of nowhere. This show could be so much stronger if they took more chances like that. I'm willing to bet they'll kill off a "lead" at the end of this season, but it probably won't be a crucial character and won't hit as hard since they bait and switched their audience with Glenn (which was a painfully obvious 'twist').

So the previous 5 seasons mean nothing to you.....? Orrrrr are you just hopelessly impatient and unable to enjoy a show if it isn't kicking you in the teeth every 10 seconds?

So the previous 5 seasons mean nothing to you.....? Orrrrr are you just hopelessly impatient and unable to enjoy a show if it isn't kicking you in the teeth every 10 seconds?

So many questions from a person who is obviously going to shit on my opinion anyways, but screw it...

I'm not alone in thinking it's become extremely bland and that was a lame bail out. I'm very aware this isn't a fucking Michael Bay movie, it's also not on the level of The Sopranos or The Wire, so don't play that "it's a drama" card.

My wife likes this show and wants me to watch it with her so I do, I would've given up on it by now. It's the same damn formula over and over again:

We gotta find a new place to live.

Hey we found a place!

Oh no, there's bad people, hope the don't get us!

Uh-oh, they tried, and in the process fucked up our new home, guess we gotta run.

Oh no, we're split up (again).

Hey look, we're all back together!

We gotta find a new place to live.

Over. And over. And over.