The Walking Dead

mcm1610

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, daegor said:

Last night was overall pretty boring.  Felt like they stretched out 10 minutes of interesting content into a full episode.

Pretty much the premise of the show now, no?

I’m now 4 episodes behind for the first time since season 2 when I started the show.  I literally have no desire to even continue at this point.  I’ve lost the ability to care about any charcters.  It sucks because I used to love this show, but I just can’t do it anymore.  

I’m not even actively avoiding spoilers anymore yet I see no one talking about it anywhere.

Edited by mrewest

20 minutes ago, mrewest said:

I’m now 4 episodes behind for the first time since season 2 when I started the show.  I literally have no desire to even continue at this point.  I’ve lost the ability to care about any charcters.  It sucks because I used to love this show, but I just can’t do it anymore.  

I’m not even actively avoiding spoilers anymore yet I see no one talking about it anywhere.

I gave up like twoish seasons ago. Saw who negan killed, got like 2 more episodes into that season and was done. Just so much repetition and episodes that go nowhere.  I bailed on fear of the walking dead after one season for the same reasons. Didnt need two shows that did the exact same thing in the exact same genre. 

3 hours ago, mrewest said:

I've actually been digging this season so far, season 6 & 7 though were so bad.

2 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I gave up like twoish seasons ago. Saw who negan killed, got like 2 more episodes into that season and was done. Just so much repetition and episodes that go nowhere.

Yup.  I liked Negan and Simon a lot, so that kept me dragging myself through seven, but I was two years behind when I caught up half way through season 7, and 7 was a slog too.  They've overall been moving faster in 8, and cover new ground thematically I thought, but the end of this season is dragging.

3 hours ago, CoheedFanSonnn said:

I love Walking Dead! I have Negan's bat Lucielle replica. Go check it out on my instagram page! Follow me and I will follow back! @gatorpridesonnn

Who the fuck is this?!

The last episode was the most bearable for the last 20. I complain, but I still make myself watch it. 

14 hours ago, lastvaultboy said:

Who the fuck is this?!

The last episode was the most bearable for the last 20. I complain, but I still make myself watch it. 

My name is Adam I am old old school user of this sight.  Got pretty popular with my own thread. Un fortunately it wasn' t a good kind of popular though. My ban has been lifted and I came back to talk with eveyrone again. My original user name was GatorPrideSonnn but for some reason that name is locked and I had to change it to my favorite band of all time. I love Coheed because they have changed my life for the better when i was in dark times back home in Florida before my girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend and my mom forced me to move to Mississippi to stay with my dad. That is me ina nutshell. 

6 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

Oh my, this is going to get good.

Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF

I agree bro, I swear Rick was going kill Negin in that last episode. When they were fighing in that dusty basement I almost lost my shit. It was awesome. There has got to be a sweet fight between them. by the end of the season.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Vega said:

Episode 8x16 was great! I feel like the series is going to get better again in Season 9 with the hinted conflicts.

This season was the worst season by far in my opinion, and I was more or less just watching out of habit, and because of how much time I've already committed to the show.  Probably a dumb reason, but whatever.  I did think the finale, and the second to last episode really did redeem a bit of the season.  They were both really good episodes I thought.  I wasn't dicking around on my phone, I was interested in what was happening, the long unnecessary monologues and catch ups with every character were kept to a minimum, you COULD ACTUALLY SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON instead of the show being filmed in the dark.  I'm hopeful that a new showrunner will bring the show back some shine, but I'm cautiously optimistic for sure.

This season was the best in a long time, the road up to and then nearly all of Alexandria was boring as fuck.  This still isn't as good as the early stuff, but it was much more interesting than it has been.

I legit don't know what they will do now though.  That could have been a good series final, I think anything after this is going to be just dumb.

23 hours ago, aopps42 said:

This season was the worst season by far in my opinion, and I was more or less just watching out of habit, and because of how much time I've already committed to the show.  Probably a dumb reason, but whatever.  I did think the finale, and the second to last episode really did redeem a bit of the season.  They were both really good episodes I thought.  I wasn't dicking around on my phone, I was interested in what was happening, the long unnecessary monologues and catch ups with every character were kept to a minimum, you COULD ACTUALLY SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON instead of the show being filmed in the dark.  I'm hopeful that a new showrunner will bring the show back some shine, but I'm cautiously optimistic for sure.

I actually thought that 7 was the worst, to wait every week just to see how these guys are being slammed down mentally without chances for retaliation wasn't great to watch. I'm glad this seems to be over now!

23 hours ago, daegor said:

This season was the best in a long time, the road up to and then nearly all of Alexandria was boring as fuck.  This still isn't as good as the early stuff, but it was much more interesting than it has been.

I legit don't know what they will do now though.  That could have been a good series final, I think anything after this is going to be just dumb.

Yeah I also thought that the whole letter reading thing felt like a really great ending for the whole show. I actually always thought it would be great to see them trying to build a civilized society again and it seems thats where they're going, even though chances are high that might be almost impossible at this point and will take forever to do. But against my expectations i'm really looking forward to the next season!

3 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

so I googled it, speculation that next season will involve a time jump into the future, and that the helicopter is part of a community outside of Columbus?  glad we wont have to wade through a season of him being sad over carl.

Jeffrey dean morgan has grown a beard and they are beginning shooting soon so a time jump would make sense. I thought they might explore the helicoper in ftwd since they made the crossover in episode 4x1 but they probably won't and just deal with it in season 9